Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun Ecommerce
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Lilt
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to put together a simple shadowrun ecommerce site. Not selling anything with real money, just somewhere with a list of SR equipment, the ability to add to basket and check-out (at which point the shopping list can be saved and/or emailed). Another idea would be for the GM to send "credsticks" to players. An account's balance can be accumulated over time and be spent in the store which the GM would have a degree of control over... The GM could limit by book/availability and would be emailed the shopping list for approval/tweaking before deducting funds.

There are a number of potential features that I'm considering:
  • Comment & Review (+filter by IC or OOC)
  • Add & Share Custom Content ("Here are the stats I use for XYZ...")
  • Rate Custom Content (Is it a flavourful addition or a munchkin's wet dream)
  • Tweak Prices/Stats for your own setting
  • Track Lifestyles
  • Karma log
  • Dice Roller
  • Import Characters

It does seem like I'm just making a character generator minus the "character" bit, but I do think it has promise.

Right now I'm in the planning stage - trying to think what I'm going to build it using. I'll update here if and when I make decisions on the matter.

So... What do you think? Would you use it?
Umbralfox
I think this is fantastic as an idea, and it would be very attractive if you could add in a bit of DM functionality.

For example, Chummer allows the DM to set restricted and forbidden items as costing more, for character creation; this would be useful as a feature on the site. Similarly, the various zones in Denver occasionally mention price differences between what is available there and what is available in Seattle... and it would be neat if DMs could reflect this as well, through the site.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012