Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My new game, Farewell to Fear: A Progressive Post-Fantasy RPG
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
David Hill
Hi folks. I'm releasing a game this August, and I thought I'd bring it up since you might know some of my work with Catalyst or Posthuman. For example, I was the author of the recent adventure, Anarchy: Subsidized.

The game's called Farewell to Fear. It's a western fantasy setting, but our games, our stories, they're all about revolution. Our characters change the world; how you want to change the world is the first part of making your character. If you don't make change, you're doing it wrong.

We're trying to do dignity to the everyday people in our setting. One of our biggest influences is Terry Jones's Medieval Lives documentaries, which go to great lengths to emphasize how the people of the middle ages were likely far more enlightened and clever than they're generally made out. We're also pushing for a very inclusive environment. Our art will be featuring a diverse cast, in gender, people of color, physical ability, and body types.

Right now, we're less than two weeks in, and we've already doubled our initial funding goal. At our current point, I'm writing alternate rules inspired by Apocalypse World. I've decided that if we hit $14,000, I'll write a new set of rules for Farewell to Fear, using Pathfinder as the foundation. This is an exciting chance to take our game and apply more traditional rules to the setting.

Anyway, if you're interested, check out the Kickstarter. There's a video with plenty of information, and a number of updates to give you more specifics.

-David A Hill Jr
Machine Age Productions
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/machin...ost-fantasy-rpg
Angelone
Kicked in 150, seems like an interesting project. Good luck reaching your 14k goal.
David Hill
QUOTE (Angelone @ May 5 2012, 05:51 PM) *
Kicked in 150, seems like an interesting project. Good luck reaching your 14k goal.

Thanks so much man! I'm super excited about that 14k goal.
CanRay
Sorry man, Kickstarter and my lack of self-control has already thrown my budget so out of wack it isn't funny. frown.gif Otherwise I'd throw in for this.

I'll be buying it when it comes out, however, sure on that!
Angelone
Kicked in another hundred, 250 total. Almost there, I'm rooting for you.
David Hill
QUOTE (Angelone @ May 9 2012, 09:36 PM) *
Kicked in another hundred, 250 total. Almost there, I'm rooting for you.

Rock out. Thank you so much.

Yeah, we're really getting a knockout response. This is great.
Angelone
Wow, I'm impressed your quick response, makes me feel special. I'm trying to talk my friends into kicking in but they actually have lives, families, and bills. dead.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012