Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RPG's and Autism?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Socinus
So I've been given the go-ahead to test out a program at work with adults with special needs (developmental disabilities and high-functioning autism) and role-playing games. The idea is that tabletop games are basically intensive socialization experiences where people can "experiment" with new ways of interacting as well as be coached by watching reactions to what they do in a place where their actions dont have real-world consequences. The tabletop makes it into something fun that they actually want to participate in and not just another therapy session.

My question is, does anyone have a recomendation for a fairly simple system we could use? Ideally, if this bears any fruit, we might develop our own system but in the mean time we need a relatively simple system, preferably d6 base. I've been thinking about some of the old school D&D iterations.

Any ideas?
Yerameyahu
I mean, you can go as simple as Fudge, or Microlite.
CanRay
If you're going with a D6 base, West End Games D6 system is free on Drive Thru RPG. Fantasy, Modern, and Futuristic versions.
Warlordtheft
I'd suggest the Amber Diceless system, it seems simple enough and reduces the number crunching to is X>Y?
hobgoblin
Expect rules lawyering...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012