Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alan Wake
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Tanegar
In news of my ongoing torrid affair with Steam sales, I just picked up Alan Wake for 50% off. I'm not a big survival horror fan, but I seem to recall it getting good reviews, so I thought "What the hell?" And I have to say I'm enjoying it. The whole "fight with light" thing is well done. My only major complaints are 1) the camera's view axis is canted about fifteen degrees off of Alan's direction of travel, which can make navigation troublesome, and 2) the game occasionally causes my normally-very-stable PC to bluescreen.

Bottom Line: I rate this game Good (4/5).
CanRay
I liked it a lot. The Downloadable-Only Sequel (Of sorts) "American Nightmare" is more action movie than horror, and might be more up your alley.
Lansdren
I got it on the same deal, have to say Iliked it alot

I agree with your point on the navigation but aiming the light at the ground worked for me for the most part so I wasnt too worried.

As for storyline and cinematography, I cant fault it this felt to me much more a interactive movie then just a game as the story was pretty deep and the movies were good

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012