Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dead State
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
LurkerOutThere
Dead State: My feeling on this guy are kind of complicated.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/707555...ie-survival-rpg

On the one hand it's a kickstarter which we're all a little burned out on I suspect. On the other it's already funded and their just going for stretch goals.

On the one hand it's made by some of the guys from Troika who did Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, a game that was so horrid it takes fan made patches to get it to work, but good enough that even with all it's flaws I was actually thinking about doing a couple more play throughs just to try some of the other clans. They also have some of the team from Aracanum which is one of my top ten games of all time. The team has stated that part of the reason their going Indy is to get a game they want to do out the door without being forced to release an inferior product early.

Plus it's a turn based strategy and resource management game, which is always lovely.

I know that none of this is a ringing endorsement, but I know a lot of folks on here share some of my tastes in video games and though i'm always leary of Kickstarter fundeded ones I figured I'd put it out there for review.
CanRay
It's about Human Survival more than Zombie Killing! That's a sold right there!

Go, kick in! Only four days left from this post!
almost normal
It's guys from the RPG codex, the only forum with trolls angrier and more powerful then dumpshock.
CanRay
The idea of Zombie Trolls scares me. On the bright side, having a few trolls on your side would make survival a lot easier!
Dumori
QUOTE (LurkerOutThere @ Jul 1 2012, 08:20 AM) *
On the one hand it's made by some of the guys from Troika who did Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, a game that was so horrid it takes fan made patches to get it to work, but good enough that even with all it's flaws I was actually thinking about doing a couple more play throughs just to try some of the other clans.

The company was dismantled almost as soon as the game launched IIRC the "fan" patches where in part worked on by the fired former employees not all the work for sure but I know for a fact patches where being put out for free by members of the team that worked on the game.
Bigity
Troika had a history of publishers forcing games out before they were 'ready'. Temple of Elemental Evil was another one that should have been a gaming milestone, but ended up a buggy mess that took years of fan patching and mods to make workable.
CanRay
We're the Publishers now! biggrin.gif
Dr.Rockso
QUOTE (almost normal @ Jul 3 2012, 03:11 PM) *
It's guys from the RPG codex, the only forum with trolls angrier and more powerful then dumpshock.

I take it you haven't been to The Gaming Den wink.gif
almost normal
I've been. It pales in comparison.
Rip the Jackker
This game looks like the Sims: Zombie Edition.
LurkerOutThere
QUOTE (Dumori @ Jul 4 2012, 04:51 AM) *
The company was dismantled almost as soon as the game launched IIRC the "fan" patches where in part worked on by the fired former employees not all the work for sure but I know for a fact patches where being put out for free by members of the team that worked on the game.

From my understanding, and this is confirmed by wiki (for what that's worth) the Bloodlines team more or less spun their wheels for almost two years and had nothing much to show for it. My knowledge of the project more or less plays it out as a text book case when you don't have a strong project lead to crack the whip.
CanRay
Pity I'm so far away. No whip, but I'm sure my cane will work well enough...
CanadianWolverine
QUOTE (Rip the Jackker @ Jul 23 2012, 10:24 PM) *
This game looks like the Sims: Zombie Edition.

No, that's not this.

Project Zomboid is much closer to that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012