Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Location location location
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
Shortstraw
QUOTE (Bull @ Aug 2 2012, 12:08 PM) *
I also knew by that point that we would likely be wrapping Season 4 up and moving to Season 5 early in 2013 to tie into some new products we were working on.

I don't suppose you could tell us where S5 is going to be based?
Bull
QUOTE (Shortstraw @ Aug 2 2012, 03:37 AM) *
I don't suppose you could tell us where S5 is going to be based?

Not yet, sorry. smile.gif
CanRay
I keep suggesting Winnipeg. nyahnyah.gif
DWC
Still voting for Hong Kong.
Bull
It's not open for voting, and I've learned NEVER listen to CanRay smile.gif

We have a very specific location planned, and I think it'll be a lot of fun. Lots of runner opportunities, a chance to tell some good stories, etc.

We'll likely announce later on this year, probably in teh fall. Some details still need to be worked out. But like I did for Season 4, I'd like to have a solid idea of exactly where we're going, what the main plots will be, and who the main Contacts will be ready to post when we announce.

Bull
Shortstraw
QUOTE (Bull @ Aug 3 2012, 07:30 AM) *
We have a very specific location planned, and I think it'll be a lot of fun. Lots of runner opportunities, a chance to tell some good stories, etc.

So season 5 involves drop bears?
Makoto
Winnipeg and Hong-Kong are two candidates for a possible forum vote...and here's my suggestion: Salt Lake City in the underground vault in Emigration Canyon, known to store genealogy material information in the LDS church's family study center. My plot: futuristic food seed preserves are at high risk of possession and need to be defended in season 5, the objective: Shadowrun players must save the world's emergency food supply storage vault from a total disaster by a madman or organized criminal unit wants to threaten the future.
Shortstraw
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 27 2012, 09:08 AM) *
Well, looks like the local yokel cops got lucky and got them good ol' boys. You gotta break 'em out of jail otherwise no one in the county is getting their 'shine.

You get paid in 'shine, BTW.

EDIT: You get some actual cash if you also break their car out of "car jail".

QUOTE (Shortstraw @ Jun 27 2012, 04:39 PM) *
Yeah I must admit CanRay that is pretty awesome. So season 5 missions biggrin.gif

QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 10 2012, 10:00 PM) *
Talk to Bull and order many, many copies of "Burn" in order to get me writing Missions again.

Just bringing this to Bull's attention.
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (Bull @ Aug 2 2012, 05:30 PM) *

Runners in SPAAAAAAAACE!

wobble.gif

-k
Bull
You got me. The new season is set on Mars.
Shortstraw
Poor mages frown.gif
cryptoknight
QUOTE (Shortstraw @ Aug 10 2012, 07:55 PM) *
Poor mages frown.gif

I'm excited. No magic at all... just straight mundanes? Awesomesox... Shadowrun as pure Cyberpunky vs the magic...
DWC
QUOTE (cryptoknight @ Aug 21 2012, 03:47 PM) *
I'm excited. No magic at all... just straight mundanes? Awesomesox... Shadowrun as pure Cyberpunky vs the magic...

Bad news. It's not Mars. It's Chicago. Admittedly, the huge background count will hamper mages and the roaming FAB III clouds will screw with summoning, but there are still bugs, ghouls, and all manner of human vermin to contend with. Should be a nice mix of feral city survival, playing off the corps looking to exploit the reconstruction opportunities, and dealing with the internal forces within the city who've come to like things the way that they are.
Shortstraw
Meh.
KarmaInferno
On the other hand, that heavy assault gear load-out you normally keep locked away unless you're heading to the Barrens?

You may be able to wear it openly in many parts of Chi-Town.

smile.gif

-k
DWC
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Aug 22 2012, 05:18 PM) *
On the other hand, that heavy assault gear load-out you normally keep locked away unless you're heading to the Barrens?

You may be able to wear it openly in many parts of Chi-Town.

smile.gif

-k

I'm kind of curious how that's going to work. The more I think about it, the more I really like the prospect of the "deferalling" of Chicago. There is a metric ton of corporate cash to be made, so there should be plenty of work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012