Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cybersuite Appreciation Station!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tias
Hey people. I just re-read my Augmentation, and the bit that encourages GMs to create ones fitting for the campaign. Cybersuite design actually looks like a lot of fun, particularly with regards to the more wacky, back-alley stuff like the Kshatriya package.

Normally, a cybersuite is designed for a particular profession, athletical proficiency, or another desired set of related upgrades to the hopelessly unwired sack of flesh we used before going under the knife. Thus they are not optimal for the black ops runners find themselves doing, but the combined discounts on both cred and holistic integrity could well be worth the hassle.

For an example, I've tried looking at the "most popular cybersuites of 2072" sidebar, and trying to guess at what one of them, Chara/Genesis Urban Trekker, migt look like. The numbers after each aug in the suite are first the regular nuyen cost, and then the regular essence cost of the aug in question, respectively.

2 Evo Strider optimized obvious lower cyberlegs (+2 dice to body test for resisting traveling fatigue). 30k / 0.9
A pair of Body+Tech Toeweb Grip Feet. 6k / 0.3
A Saeder-Krupp Perfect Vaterpass Balance Augmenter ear implant. 5k / 0.1
A set of Renraku Vista Basic Cybereyes Rating 2, with Flare Compensation, Recording Unit, Vision Magnification, Low-Light and Image Link. 3.5K / 0.3

Augmentations costing 44,500 nuyen, and the not inconsiderable loss of 1.6 Essence. But what happens when we apply the suite modifier?

The Urban Trekker sets the customer back 40050 Nuyen, and 1,4 Essence instead. Not too shabby for the runner specializing in unsupported ops out in the urban or rural wilderness. Perhaps a forbidden version used by troops or security contractors could include bone lacing or internal guns as well? The imagination is the limit, though you'll need a good set of forged licenses as always smile.gif

So, how do you other GMs go about designing cybersuites? And if you have some stowed away for a rainy day, care to share your designs?

E: Please try your hand at designing one as well, if you haven't before! We can learn from each other.
Bearclaw
Trading on the almost mythic reputation of the Red Samurai, Renraku has introduced the Ronin™ suite:

Cybereyes [Rating 3, w/ .4 , 1000
-Flare Compensation 0(1) 750
-Low-light 0(2) , 1000
-Smartlink] 0(3) , 1000
-Vision En 3 0(3) , 4500
-Vision Mag 0(2) , 1000
- Eyes total .4, 9250
Muscle Augmentation (rating 2) .4, 14000
Muscle Toner (Rating 2) .4, 16000
Synthacardium (Rating 3) .3, 30000
Wired Reflexes (Rating 2) 3, 32000

Total -------------------------------------3.95, 101250
Suite--------------------------------------3.555, 91125
Alphaware----------------------------------3.199,182259

( I didn't take time to add fluff, but there's the numbers. Basically what the Red Samurai have.
Stahlseele
Uhm, Bioware can't be included in the CYBER-Suite right? O.o
Tias
QUOTE (Bearclaw @ Aug 13 2012, 06:30 PM) *
Trading on the almost mythic reputation of the Red Samurai, Renraku has introduced the Ronin™ suite:

Cybereyes [Rating 3, w/ .4 , 1000
-Flare Compensation 0(1) 750
-Low-light 0(2) , 1000
-Smartlink] 0(3) , 1000
-Vision En 3 0(3) , 4500
-Vision Mag 0(2) , 1000
- Eyes total .4, 9250
Muscle Augmentation (rating 2) .4, 14000
Muscle Toner (Rating 2) .4, 16000
Synthacardium (Rating 3) .3, 30000
Wired Reflexes (Rating 2) 3, 32000

Total -------------------------------------3.95, 101250
Suite--------------------------------------3.555, 91125
Alphaware----------------------------------3.199,182259

( I didn't take time to add fluff, but there's the numbers. Basically what the Red Samurai have.

Holy hell that's expensive - but as always, the suite offers a discount that's hard to ignore. Still, most of the things here are forbidden, so it would probably be limited to high-end government and corp soldiers, or deniable assets they owe something heavy wink.gif

Thanks for the input!
Wakshaani
Sure, I'll drop a couple in, just 'cause.

Evo's Aquarius Cybersuite
10,000Y, Availability 12, 1.0 Essence

Designed for frequent divers who want to truly experience three quarters of the Earth's surface, the Aquarius system provides everything one needs to be at one with the water.

Evo Posiden Oxsys Cybergill
Evo Dolphin Cyberfins
Evo BendsBuster Internal Airtank (Filled with helium)
Evo Eyes of the Deep Lowlight Vision eye modification
Evo Marians Orientation System

Horizon's Hollywood Cybersuite
5000Y, Availability 4, 0.5 Essence

“It's like buying a whole new you!” Horizon's total makeover package is the trendiest Cybersuite of all time! All over North America, and increasingly in the world beyond, going from an ugly duckling to a graceful swan has never been easier! Replace that curly mop or limp flop with Glamor™ brand NeoHair in whatever style, or color, that you'd love! Polish those teeth, unblemish that skin, and ditch those uncool glasses for the latest in perfect 20-20 vision... the very first time you open your new eyes and gaze into the mirror, the image will be preserved forever with Horizon's Paparazzi image capture software, and you can upload it to your very own MeFeed via a commlink. Be sure to keep those peepers ready, so you can capture the looks of all your friends when they see just how amazing you've become! Why be a small town girl when you can go Hollywood? Doctors are standing by!

Horizon Perfection Cybereyes (1) with image link and recording system
Horizon Glitz Breast Implants
Horizon Glamor Fiberoptic Hair
Cosmetic Surgery

Spinrad Industries Joie de vivre Cybersuite
20,000Y, Availability 12, 1.0 Essence

Everyone dies, but not everyone can say that they truly lived. Spinrad Industries new Joie de vivre cybersuite allows to to experience it all as never before! New colors! New Sounds! Food that tastes better than ever before! Spinrad doesn't replace any of your natural senses, weighing you down with clunky cybereyes and metal ears, but instead takes your natural senses and cranks them up to 12, because 11 is for second-best. Embrace the world! Joie de vivre!

Spinrad Arome Olfactory Booster (3)
Spinrad Gourmand Taste Booster (3)
Spinrad Triomphe Eye Recording Unit Enhancement
Spinrad Ovation Audio Recording Unit Enhancement
Spinrad Peregrine Vision Enhancement (3)
Spinrad Tranchant Audio Enhancement (3)
Spinrad Velours Touch Link
Spinrad Hedonisme Sim module

Note: On each of these I rounded the numbers off a bit. .99 Essence became 1.0, for instance, and costs were similarly filed a bit, just to make life easier for everyone. Since they cost a tad more than they would in price and essence, not less, it's a fair treatment.
Tias
QUOTE (Wakshaani @ Aug 13 2012, 08:54 PM) *
Note: On each of these I rounded the numbers off a bit. .99 Essence became 1.0, for instance, and costs were similarly filed a bit, just to make life easier for everyone. Since they cost a tad more than they would in price and essence, not less, it's a fair treatment.

I'd agree. I would have put my own suite at 40K straight, but since each GM and his troupe of players find their own depth, I thought I'd stay as much to RAW as immediately possible.

Also, Stahlseele is right, unless I'm much mistaken, Cybersuites are limited to 100% cyberware implants. I guess a case can be made for nanocybernetics or very cyber-like bio work, but it's nowhere near an uncontroversial fit.

E: And wakshaani, thanks as hell for some fashionista-'ware, I hinted heavily at it with "particular profession", glad to see someone picked up on it right away wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012