Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: KC Game Fair 2012
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Convention Information
Mister Shed
The Kansas City Game Fair (aka ShaunCon) has had dates and location announced:

When: Thursday November 15 through Sunday November 18 2012
Where: Hilton Kansas City Airport (same location as last year)

Keep an eye on the website for pre-reg to go live http://www.kcgamefair.com/

As far as Shadowrun goes, the current hope is to run the missions from Elven Blood along with whatever other CMPs I can convince/bribe Bull to give me while I'm at GenCon.
Makoto
Thanx for the info, Mr. Shed. smile.gif Gamers don't always stay home to play games you know...they have a social life. biggrin.gif
Redjack
And I'll be there as well to run some games either in support of Mr Shed or tagging out with him during low attendance time slots.
LurkerOutThere
Do you guys know what your running yet? I'm also willing to run if you like. By then my module should be getting close to release date. Should be able to talk Bull into letting us run it at the con.
coolgrafix
Outstanding. Had a blast last year. Can't wait for this year. =)
Redjack
I had talked to Bull about running the British CMPs.
Mister Shed
I have submitted to run the 5 missions from Elven Blood in the three slots Saturday and two on Sunday. They haven't been approved yet, so they won't show up on the list of available games until then.
coolgrafix
QUOTE (Mister Shed @ Sep 25 2012, 11:51 AM) *
I have submitted to run the 5 missions from Elven Blood in the three slots Saturday and two on Sunday. They haven't been approved yet, so they won't show up on the list of available games until then.

They are showing up now. Yay! No SR on the board for Thursday or Friday, though. =(
coolgrafix
Folks interested in running ADDITIONAL SR events at the KC Game Fair can submit their events here.

Anyone interested in running Thursday or Friday? =)
Redjack
I will be submitting games for Thursday and Friday.
coolgrafix
Outstanding! =)
Redjack
I have submitted the following:

Thursday 7PM: CMP 2012-01 Swing Vote
Friday 9AM: CMP 2012-02 Five Minutes to Midnight
Friday 2PM: CMP 2012-03 Silicon Slick
Friday 8PM: CMP 2012-04 Depth Charge

coolgrafix
Score! =)
Crazy Ivan
As someone who will be moving to the Fort Riley area shortly, I'd be interested in asking how far it is from the base to this location? Mapquest is failing me right now....
Mister Shed
QUOTE (Crazy Ivan @ Oct 10 2012, 11:35 AM) *
As someone who will be moving to the Fort Riley area shortly, I'd be interested in asking how far it is from the base to this location? Mapquest is failing me right now....

It's 2 hours-ish once you hit I-70, no idea exactly how far the base is from I-70.

Also, pre-registration is now up and Redjack's games are in the system so those interested can now sign up for Shadowrun in every slot except the very first one. Note that if you pre-register and pay in advance you save yourself $5.
coolgrafix
Shed beat me to it, but here's a map. =)
Crazy Ivan
I see. That's a lot further than I was thinking/remembering. I wouldn't have the nuyen.gif to get that far out anyway, since I'll be PCS'ing there for the Army and won't have my vehicle/gaming gear/time to enjoy the event properly.
LurkerOutThere
Does anyone have crash space? I don't think my lady is going to be able to get the time off work so a hotel room isn't as feasible for just me. I'm house trained and while I do snore it's not at a wake the dead level, I can also split costs so i'm not looking for charity.
Redjack
I'm here, setting up for a game tonight, but I'm only planning to stay tonight, gaming today and tomorrow.
Redjack
Another Shauncon come and gone for me. Ran 5 sessions ending with a 9 player table Saturday morning. We had a blast playing Burn!

Looking forward to seeing everyone next year.
Mister Shed
Shauncon is officially come and gone - I only ended up running four of the five adventures from Elven Blood (we skipped Grocery List in favor of running Ancient Pawns Sunday morning) and everyone seemed to have a good time.

I'd like to thank everyone who came out and played, and apologize to those who were expecting me to be there to run Saturday morning (I had some friends unexpectedly come in from out of town Friday night and drinking happened).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012