Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: The Alicia Marks Affair
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
TinkerGnome
ooc.gifHere is a link to the ooc.gif board.

1221 hours, Thursday, March 15, 2063

@Chip

Jennifer Peterson took another bite of her soup. The small joint where she and Chip were having lunch didn't offer much cuisine, but it did offer some privacy. It'd taken over two weeks to arrange the little lunch, so afraid was Chip of the encounter getting Jennifer in trouble. The meeting was almost at an end, and she reached into her purse and pulled out a small square of plastic, the kind used for note taking in corporate offices, and slid it across the table to Chip.

"Johnny, I know you don't really have any work right now..." she paused and forestalled any doubt as to what she intended, "I don't mean to give you money. I know it could be traced back to me and we'd both end up in trouble. No, one of the girls at the office, Alicia, went missing last week. I haven't heard anything from her, but yesterday, her uncle came around asking if anyone knew where she'd gone. I told him I didn't know, but if he needed some help finding her, I might know someone. He gave me this," she said, tapping the piece of plastic on the table lightly. "It might be something you want to get involved in. I don't know her uncle very well or what could have happened to her."

When Chip had a chance to review the note, it read simply:

Fat Mike's, Tacoma. Mar 15, 11pm.

1457 hours, Thursday, March 15, 2063

@Angel

The sound of the wind whipping through the poorly patched church was soothing, almost mesmerising. Angel drifted along with the sound, his mind on higher things. With a start, he realized that his pocket secretary was buzzing. A few button presses showed that he'd just received a message from Father Carillo. It read:

Angelo, I heard that there's a gentleman looking for some people to take care of something for him. His friend's niece appears to be missing. It sounds like the kind of deed you might be interested in. If you are interested, he will be speaking with prospects tonight at 11 PM at a small establishment called Fat Mike's over in Tacoma.

1521 hours, Thursday, March 15, 2063

@Billy

Billy's cellphone started ringing and he had it to his ear by the second ring. The voice on the other end of the line was clearly Flash. "Oi, chummer. You still kickin'?" He makes it sound like a joke, but after that last run, it wasn't far from the truth. Most of the team, Flash included had taken some serious damage, and the hospital stays were still going on. Through a phenomenal amount of luck, Billy had come out without so much as a scratch.

"Look, I know we're laid up an' all, but I just got a call from a fixer friend of mine. She was lookin' for some warm bodies for something on the easy side. I said I was only warm by the virtue of good body armor, but I knew someone who might be interested. She said to go ahead and pass it on to you. Sounds like a milk-run, too." Billy could hear his good nature, even through the slight quiver his infirmity has placed in his voice. "Meet's supposed to be at Fat Mike's down in Tacoma, about 11 tonight. Go if you want, or you can wait around for us invalids to get our feet back under us."

1604 hours, Thursday, March 15, 2063

@Rent

Over in Puyallup, the buzzing of Rent's pager alerted him to a new call. He turned the device over in one massive hand and noticed that the LTG number belonged to none other than Molly Finn.

When he returnd the call, he got her cheery voice. "Hey, Rent! I was hopin' you'd call me 'cause I left a message and all. You know how it is, though, I leave a dozen messages and never get any calls back, but I leave one and you're right back with me. Anyway, you lookin' for work? Dumb question, I guess, 'specially if you're still livin' in that rat hole. Anyway, I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who... well, I know a guy, sorta, who is lookin' for some folk to help him with a problem he's having. Seems his niece or something pulled a runner and he wants to find out what's goin' on with her. Not big on muscle or anything, I don't guess, but it'll pay some bills. If you're interested, head on down to Fat Mike's over in Tacoma tonight around 11. Tell 'em you're there for the Marks party and they'll know what you're really there for. Catch you later, big guy!"

1709 hours, Thursday, March 15, 2063

@Silhouette

Sil reached for her datajack, but stopped. She had finished her business in the Matrix, but an incoming mail arrived just before she jacked out. She gave it a quick scan to make sure it wasn't something nasty and opened it up.

Hey, brown sugar. It's Murphy. Why you ain't been callin'? Anyway, old Murph didn't forget about you. I got a line on a job. Should be real easy, small bang big brain if you know what I mean. Be at Fat Mike's tonight at 11. Good luck.

1745 hours, Thursday, March 15, 2063

@Vincent Jones

Vincent jumped at the sound of his phone ringing. He'd put in the call to Patton hours ago, and had heard nothing. He lifted the phone to hear a gravelly voice on the other side. "Oi, you Crusher's chummer?" When Vincent provides an affiramative answer the dwarf on the other end of the line chuckles. "He told me you were green but had some potential. So, tell you what, I got a job. Real milk run. Doesn't pay much, but ain't going to get shot at much, so that's about standard. Get down to Fat Mike's by 11 tonight. It's in Tacoma, in case you ain't never been there, an' most people haven't. Good luck, kid."

The phone goes dead, leaving Vincent alone to consider taking the job.
Sphynx
Billy

"Well, I suppose now would be a bad time to ask how things went... did anyone else make it? And of course I'll do the run, it's the least I can do for you."

2230 hours, Thursday, March 15. 2063 sees Billy getting on public transportation and heading to Fat Mike's. 2255 hours, Thursday, March 15. 2063 sees Billy arriving.
Voltaire
Vincent excitedly scrambles to his feet and trips into the shower. He shaves, spends a few minutes dripping naked in front of his closet, settles on a dark maroon Armante set, remembers he has to get his hair dyed, looks down at his watch, sees that he still has several hours to go, looks down at his watch again, sees that his watch is a cheap plastic LCD, decides to go watch shopping, finishes getting ready, and walks out the door. A few seconds later he walks back in, gets the Berreta out of the shoebox and straps up the concealed holster. Just in case.

At 2215 hours, Thursday, March 15. 2063, a cab pulls up to Fat Mike's. Vincent steps out, brown hair slicked back, gold Swiss Army watch hanging from his wrist, slight swagger in the step. On the outside, sharp and alert; on the inside, nervous as hell.

He steps into Fat Mike's, hoping to get some food before the others arrive.
snowRaven
Chip tried to push the memories of the meeting out of his head, but it was hard. It had been so long since he last got to see her, so long since he last got to touch her; so long since... No, thinking like that won't do me any good. I have to focus.

Leaving his guns at home, Chip went over his preparations for the meet, carefully putting his skillsofts in order so he'd now where everything was if he needed them.

At 2230 hours, Thursday, March 15. 2063 a beat-up darkblue Dodge Glow circled the block for the third time, finally finding a parking spot close to Fat Mike's. Chip stepped out, checking to make sure his telescoping staff was safely tucked away under the driver's seat. He looked around, adjusting his mirrored shades and running his fingers through his spiky red hair. Then he headed over to the club, walking confidently as if he owned the place - black leather long coat flapping behind him.
Glyph
Rent walks back to his apartment, a bit of a spring in his step. Finally, he's getting another job. Doesn't sound like it's anything to get too excited about, though. He methodically opens all of the locks on his door, then enters his apartment. Seeing that he has another hour or two of power left before the rationing station shuts it down for another 12 hours, he boots up his telecom to look up Fat Mike's, noting how far it is from the nearest tube exit, as well as the general layout of the place and other general details.

He steps into the shower, letting it run for a second until the brownish water turns (relatively) normal. Afterwards, he carefully grooms himself and selects one of his rare suits to wear. His pistol (and a few spare clips) and armored vest are virtually invisible under his clothing. He adds his black armored duster and trademark black fedora, splashes on a bit of aftershave, and heads out the door - planning on being there in plenty of time.

He arrives at 2230 hours, Thursday, March 15. 2063, squaring his shoulders before confidently striding through the door of Fat Mike's.
Fu-Man Chu
Sylhouette

Even as she scanned then electronic letter in the characteristic scawl that passes as writting for Murphy, a smile began to form. That guy always seemed to know when she was on the last few weeks of rent before giving her a buzz on some job he's heard off - that's probably how he can get her to keep from turning him down.

With a few hours to kill before heading down towards the meet, Sylhouette traverses the digital highway for info on Fat Mike's with the new deck components she blew her last job's entire wad on.
Grey
Angel

Making a quick reply of thanks to the Father, Angel starts going over in his head things he'll need to do. Its not like a have much equipment...

Shrugging to himself, he wanders around his broken down palace to gather things together. That done, he walks up to the alter at the far end of the church and kneels before Christ on his cross. He spends an hour in silent prayer then heads to the meet, getting to Fat Mike's just in time to walk through the door as things get started.
TinkerGnome
1522 hours, Thursday, March 15, 2063

@Billy

Flash gives a short laugh, "Yeah, chummer. We're still goin', just not as well as we were last month. Give us another few weeks and we'll be back in action."

1750 hours, Thursday, March 15, 2063

@Sylhouette

Syl slides her mental fingertips into the vast ocean of data that is the Matrix and fishes for information on Fat Mike's. After a few hours, she manages to find the name of the owner, Mike Baldard and business licenses dating back about ten years. A tidbit on a Yakuza bulletin board indicates the place is hostile, though it doesn't say anything useful beyond that.

all, Thursday, March 15, 2063

QUOTE (Fat Mike's)
Fat Mike's looked like any other dive in a city full of dives.  The outside was clean enough, with no windows and only one door on the front side.  A cracked and broken parking lot off to one side held several cars, many of them sedans and late model commuter cars.  No one was apparent outside the front door, but just inside, a large gentleman in a moderately nice suit and a small gentleman dressed the same way stepped forward to greet anyone entering.  The small gentleman speaks, "Excuse me, Sir/Ma'am, but we is havin' a private party in here tonite."

A handful of gentlman, dressed in a fashion similar to the greeter lounged at the bar, drinking and talking in hushed tones.

2215 hours, Thursday, March 15, 2063

@Vincent

The cab ride was horrible. There was no other way to describe it. The ork cabbie had managed to hit every single pot hole between where Vincent had hailed the cab and Fat Mike's. It almost seemed like when he'd run out of pot holes, he'd made his own. The entire ride over had been spent listening to the shrill sitar and synthesizer music the cabbie appeared to love so much while he yammered on in Korean about nothing much.

2230 hours, Thursday, March 15, 2063

@Chip

Driving in Seattle is hell, particularly this late at night. The go-gangs had made getting to Tacoma difficult, at best, but Chip had managed well enough. As Chip steps from his vehicle, he spots Rent walking up to the door to the bar and walking inside.

@Rent

A blue car circles the block twice as Rent closes the last of the distance between himself and the destination. The opaque windows hide anyone inside, which makes it all the more nerve-wracking to see. The car finally pulls into a space in the lot beside Fat Mike's about the same time Rent makes it to the front door.

2255 hours, Thursday, March 15. 2063

@Billy

Riding the tubes sucks. Billy knew that from long, hard experience, but the reality of it was spelled out in gory detail as a few gangers got shot up one car up from his near the end of the trip. The incident hadn't come close to Billy himself, but it was close enough to drive home the dangerous world around him.

2259 hours, Thursday, March 15, 2063

@Angel

Angel slides through the doors just as the meeting time arrives. The bar is empty save for the gentlemen at the bar, and the same bouncer as before.

All @ arrival

QUOTE (Fat Mike's)
As the smaller bouncer is given an indication of someone's business he nods.  "Yeah, we's meetin' in der back.  Leave your weapons with Tony here," he says, jerking a thumb toward the bigger guy.
Grey
Angel looks over at the big guy and gives him a big smile. He reaches behind his coat and pulls out his Predator.

"Here ya go big guy."

He then arches a brow, silently asking if there was anything else, then moves inside to see whats up.
TinkerGnome
All @ disarming

QUOTE (Fat Mike's)
Upon disarming, the little guy nods and ushers each person into the  back of the bar, where a small room has been set aside for meetings.  The only ones there right now are other people coming in.
Sphynx
Billy

Billy is a rather attractive young male elf who seems a little out of place in this area.  Not so much because of the clothing, frag, Billy looks about as poor as they come wearing clothes too big for him with a belt that had an extra hole punched into it just so he could fasten it.  But he seemed young, almost innocent with his childish grin.

As he approaches the bar, a group of rowdies approach him while laughing and saying something about a leaf muncher when a shift of his shoulders causes his jacket to fly open at an un-naturally fast speed displaying a huge Pred, a flick of his hand in a 'scratching an itch on my face' appearance shows some nasty claws, and glowing red eyes flash towards them as he continues his grin, but with a more maniacle appearance. The leader points off in the distance, continueing to laugh as he comments that he's in the mood for a soyburger.

He approaches the gentleman at the entrance of the bar, saying, "I'm here for the 11 o'clock". He nods as he pulls out his predator a little too fast, setting it very quickly on the bar while looking around. "Thanks for the info" he says as he's told of the meeting room, and slips in that direction.
Grey
Angel turns as the first new arrival shows up.

Angel is an average enough italian male.  He wears blue jeans, a white t-shirt, with a black trench thrown over his shoulders.  Around his neck is a silver rosary.

"Hey kid, hows it hangin'?"
Voltaire
Vincent

Vincent is a human male standing about 5'11 with a slim build, a handsome, star-like face, and slicked back brown hair. He's wearing a maroon designer suit and a flashy gold watch.

Vincent hands over his Berreta to Tony, secretly relieved to be momentarily rid of it. The gun made him more nervous than reassured, and he wasn't used to carrying the weight.

He moved to the back of bar and saw that two others had already arrived. One seemed to be a pretty non-descript guy, though Vincent noted the rosary he wore. Vincent was taken aback by the other new hire, both because he was an elf and because he looked dirt poor; Vincent had encountered neither group at the Academy. He tried to conceal his surprise and extended a hand to both to of them.

"How do you do, sirs? My name is Vincent Jones. A pleasure to make your acquantaince."
Glyph
Rent

Rent is a troll, medium height and thin... but still massive when contrasted to human-sized people.  He wears a black fedora and duster over a worn but well-cared for charcoal grey pinstriped suit, with a dark maroon tie.  His black hair is slicked back and tied into a little bob of a ponytail, but bushy sideburns frame his tanned, weatherbeaten face.  As he lifts the brim of his fedora, you catch a glimpse of piercing grey eyes.

Rent carefully, almost reverently, hands over his Browning, before glancing up as he heads towards the others. He nods at the group. "You must be the rest of the 'talent'. Name's Rent. Nice to meet you." He smiles slightly as he approaches the group.
Fu-Man Chu
Sylhouette's straight dark-brown hair cropped short at her shoulders framing sharp features and large brown oval eyes suggested at an Amer-Ind heritage; her light brown skin tone hinted at a some mixed Afro blood.  The young 20-something woman wears a comfortably fitted jumpsuit under a stylish rain coat and walks with an easy grace.

Syl smiles at the gentleman who greet her, "Yes, I'm here for an eleven o'clock meeting."

Reaching under the damp rain coat, she withdrew her FN-FAL Gyrojet heavy pistol and handed to the larger Tony. "You will take care of it for me won'tcha? Thanks."

Without further ado, she proceeds to the back room where she greets the others who have begun to gather punctually. "Good evening gentlemen," she says with a smile. "Pleasure to meet you Rent - I'm Silhouette."
TinkerGnome
2306 hours, March 15, 2063

@All

The door opens and a relatively non-descript gentleman in a three piece suit walks inside. This gentleman wasn't in the bar when any of the invitees arrived.

He sits down at one end of the table and smiles at everyone. He speaks in a thick Italian accent, "I am pleased to see so many of you here for this simple matter."

He pulls a datachip from his breast pocket and slots it into a display screen which has been rolled out on the table for that apparent purpose. The vid screen, not of the highest quality to start with and several years old on top of that, produces a low-rezz image of a young woman. "I wish to employ your services in locating this young woman, Alicia Marks. She is the niece of a dear friend of mine, and she has been missing for approximately one week."

"I wish for you to look for her and determine her whereabouts. I will offer you each 1,500 nuyen.gif for one week worth of searching. If you have not found her at the end of that time, then I will evaluate how to proceed from there. If you have, then consider the remaining time a bonus."
snowRaven
Chip

Chip is a human, of average height and build, with spiky red hair, He's wearing mirrored shades (even inside the bar), a long black leather coat, green turtleneck and black cargo pants. A cable runs from one of the 5 jacks around his left ear, down inside his coat.

Looking over each of the arrivals in turn, Chip nods to them and introduces himself. When the man in suit steps in he leans forward and puts his arms on the table, smiling politely.

When the man has made his offer, Chip straightens up and clears his throat to get everyones attention.

"Sir, has LoneStar, or any other security force, done an investigation into her disappearance?"
TinkerGnome
QUOTE (snowRaven @ Apr 22 2004, 07:33 AM)
"Sir, has LoneStar, or any other security force, done an investigation into her disappearance?"

The man presenting the job nods. "It seems that our good "friends" in the Star have more to do than chase after missing persons if they are not the sons and daughters of the social elte. They "investigated" the disappearance as far as their flat feet would carry them... which was about as far as the nearest Stuffer Shack."
Sphynx
Billy

"So, in order to find her we'll need to start with a possible list of who might have taken her. We'll need info on her such as where she was last seen, what type of work she does, what type of schooling she's had, what enemies she's made, etc." I only hope I don't find out she lives near Ghoul-Town.... thinks Billy to himself. "The more Bio, the better. Also, her SIN number would be helpful, that will let us find out some stuff you might not even know about, and more importantly, if it's been used since her disappearance..."
Glyph
Rent

Rent nods. "Yeah. The more logistical support you give us, the quicker we can pick up her trail. Then once we find her, we can meet back with you and decide where to go from there, whether it be arranging for you to see her, or rescuing her from a bad situation."
Fu-Man Chu
Syl

Sylhouette is content to let the men start with their questions. Even as the Johnson talks, she is beginning to compile in her haed a list of potential leads to pursue. . .
TinkerGnome
The gentleman nods and pokes at the keypad attacked to the small vid screen. He doesn't look too savy with computers, but after a few seconds the image of the girl changes to raw data. "Here's everything we've got. You might need it, you might not."

The data scrolls down the screen and a SIN number, credstick transaction history, and bio are apparent. "All we got is on here." He taps a key and the screen goes dark. He then pulls the chip from the slot. "So, you guys in or not?" he asks, the datachip held between two fingers.
Sphynx
Billy

"Of course I'm in. I'll do my best in seven day's time to find her whereabouts and give all relevant information to you for 1,500 nuyen for the time regardless if I've gotten a solid enough lead to track her down. However if the job becomes more than your stated description of just locating where she is, we'll obviously begin re-negotiations. I'm not going to ask you why you came to us instead of a bonafied Private Detective, I'll assume the answer to that question would put you in a bad situation which I wish to avoid. You WILL have as much information as I can gather on her whereabouts in 1-week's time. And if she's alive and breathing in this city, there's a good chance you'll even have her actual whereabouts.", Billy says as he holds his hand out for the chip.
Voltaire
Vincent

Vincent had kept quiet throughout the entire meeting, fearing he would reveal his inexperience. Besides, his fellow runners seemed to have everything covered. He thought back to episode of CrimeBusters: Seattle about a missing persons case, but all he could remember where some running firefights through the streets. Vincent hoped that the show was more than a little exagerrated. When his employer-to-be asked whether they were interested, Vincent piped up.

"Sir, the terms of your offer are acceptable. I would be more than willing to pursue an investigation into the whereabouts of Ms. Marks."
snowRaven
Chip

Nodding and leaning back in his chair, Chip looks at each of the others in turn and then turns to the gentleman.

"I'm in as well, sir. We will find out what we can during the next seven days, and I accept your terms. Once we find something to go further on, we can negotiate where to go from there. Do you have a number or a mail drop where we can reach you to leave reports on our progress?"

Pausing for a second, he then adds. "And if you have more copies of that chip it would be appreciated — I'm out of blank OMCs at the moment, you see, and I figure we can be more efficient if we all have a copy of the information."

Taking off his shades, Chip meets the gentlemans gaze and smiles in a businesslike manner which doesn't quite fit his street appearance.
TinkerGnome
As the conversation continues, the littler bouncer comes in. The Johnson gives him a nod and he nods back. The Johnson addresses Chip's question. "I believe you have met my associate, Tony," he says and the newcomer waves. "He will be available if you need things like chips or whatever. Keep him posted of your progress, and when you have more information on the whereabouts of Ms. Marks, we will discuss an expansion of the contract for other "services". "
Fu-Man Chu
Syl

Speaking up for the first time since meeting their employer, Syl's manner of speech carries with it the tone of some experience. "Prior to accepting your offer, as gracious as it is, I would like to bring some things up. May I ask who it is that seeks the location of Ms. Marks?"

"Also, it is customary in these dealings that a portion of the reimbursement be provided up front - is 50% acceptable to you? And likewise, is there an expense account for . . . supplemental expenses that may be accrued in the job? Something on the order of 50% of the total payment? This of course is limited to reimbursement for charges directly related to the search efforts."
Sphynx
Billy

Once the chip is handed to Billy, he downloads it onto a computer he has hidden on his inner forearm, beneath his Forearm Guards, and hands the chip over to Chip. He then plugs a wire located on the computer to the datajack located in his wrist. "Thank you sir, we'll begin investigations immediately. A pleasant rest of the evening to you.", he says as he starts sorting through some of the data, standing before the Johnson does.
Glyph
Rent

Rent raises an eyebrow as Billy stands up. "Hey, let's settle all of the details first. After Tony gets us some copies of the chip, we can all coordinate our efforts."

He turns back to the Johnson. "I am assuming that Silhouette was right about a retainer. Standard practice and all... If she was, then I'm in. But an expense account would be a good idea, too. We can ask around and do some snooping, maybe lean on a few people, but bribes and buying information sure won't come out of our own pockets."
snowRaven
Chip

Remaining seated, he takes the data chip and plugs it into his datajack.

"My associates seem to have a point, sir. It would be easier for everyone involved if we had the capital for potential bribes and related expenses. It should, after all, be in everyones interest if we find miss Marks as soon as possible."
TinkerGnome
The Johnson raises an eyebrow. "I can offer you two large upfront for operating expenses that might arise. The balance will be available when you have found Ms. Marks or a week has passed. As for who is looking for her, that would be me."

Tony leaves and comes back a few minutes later with a handful of blank chips. He slots them one at a time into the terminal and transfers data. When he's done, he tosses a chip one to everyone, including the original.
snowRaven
Chip

"Thank you, sir. We will keep Tony up to date on our progress, and don't worry - we will do what we can to find miss Marks for you."

Chip rises and puts his hand out toward Mr. Johnson.

"You have my word."
Ecclesiastes
Angel nods to the ammount offered, though its a little offhanded, he seems more interested in going over the data provided.

Looking up at Tony, Angel says, "You mind if we hang out and form a plan of action, or do you want to open the place back up and we could go elsewhere?"
TinkerGnome
After a while, the Johnson gets up and leaves, nodding to Tony as he heads out. Tony nods back and hangs out, waiting to be needed. As Angel asks about the room Tony shrugs. "You guys can have it till close. That'll be 'bout two."

It is currently about 11:30pm.
Ecclesiastes
Angel nods. "Thanks Tony. You wouldn't mind giving us some privacy would ya? Thanks."

As Tony turns to leave, a glow comes over Angel, an almost heavenly one. For a moment you even think you see a halo appear above his head.

"Hey Tony, you're telling us everything you know about the situation right? Cause we need to know everything. Just make sure you keep us informed, eh?"
TinkerGnome
Tony turns and nods. "Ain't much to tell, you know. Boss's brother's daughter went missing an' all we can find out about where she been is some rough parts of town. Ain't got no clue what she was doin' down there, but even them folk'd leave her alone if she tole' em who she was an' all."
Fu-Man Chu
Syl

Taking the chip, Silhouette is a little caught off guard when the "halo" effect appears above Angel. Perhaps it was a trick of the light? Not likely. . . Still, Tony's response was surely interesting - who is this Johnson that his neice would have to worry about the rougher parts' "folk'd leave her alone if she tole' em who she was an' all"?
Sphynx
Billy

"Well hell, this data is crap. The only thing it tells us is that she's a NovaTech stooge, a very high-up one. At the age of 24 she's the 3rd highest ranking member of the Educational Software Division. And that she disappeared on the 7th after visiting 'The Cave'. Don't suppose any of you has the skillz to hack into the system and find a bit more about her via the SIN? Would love to find out what sort of project she's working on, but I suppose Uncle Nova won't share tha with us."

"Two really options I can see. One would already have been done, visiting 'The Cave', and seeing who saw her last. I can't imagine that nobody's done that yet. The other is to visibly snoop and let the street know we're looking for her, it might draw out her capture, though our survival rate drops the more obvious we become... Third option I see is a killer, not the wisest option, and that's to go to her office in NT, and see what she was working on, so we can get a lead on who might be after her."
snowRaven
Chip

Scanning over the contents of the chip, Chip seems to be slightly shaken. He sits quiet for a little while, seemingly lost in thought (he doesn't even notice Angel glowing) and then he looks at Billy.

"I might be able to find out a little bit more about miss Marks' life at the Company - at Novatech, that is - but I can't guarantee quick results, I'm afraid. Apart from that I can start searching the matrix for more info as soon as I can get my gear from home. Speaking of which, I don't suppose anyone has access to a secure illegal jackpoint I could use?"
Fu-Man Chu
Syl

"Well, I suppose the most efficient way to handle the search for Ms. Marks is for us to cooperate and work together - after all, there's no bonus to any one of us for locating her. But I've only worked with Chip here before. Would you all agree that it is in our mutual best interest to pool resources?"
Sphynx
Billy

"Of course, how stupid of us.", Billy says with a grin, "I guess introductions are in order. Everyone calls me Billy, I'm a gadgets guy. If you need something fixed, altered, broken into, from Toaster Oven to High Security Maglock, I'm the man. I also seem to have a Doctorate in Medical Science. Not real sure how good I am as an Investigator, but when the time comes when we need into something/somewhere, I can get us in.", the childish looking Elf continues grinning as if he'd just been bragging about his latest new toy.
Ecclesiastes
Angel

"Call me Angel. I'm your magical support."
Voltaire
Vincent

Vincent watched the proceedings unfold and began to feel more comfortable. This wasn't so different from the Business Negotiation classes he had taken at the Academy. After he recieves the chip, he slots into his Pocket Secretary and spends a few minutes scanning the contents in silence. When the others begin the introductions, he clears his throat and leans forward in his chair.

"My name's Vincent, Vincent Jones. You may call me Vince if you so desire. My background and training are largely corporate, but my talents extend beyond the boardroom. If we needed someone to investigate the situation at NovaTech - it's physical offices, that is, I would be qualified to do so, though as Billy pointed out this is a dangerous course of action. I would also be willing to follow up any leads on the street, though I must confess I am not familiar with the Seattle area."
snowRaven
Chip

"Pleasure to meet you all — most people call me Chip. I do alot of computer work, and though I wouldn't call myself a decker really I have experience with decking; specifically data searches. Apart from that my abilities can be anything that fits on one of these."

Chip reaches behind his ear and extracs a chip, holds it up for a moment and then plugs it back into one of the many ports there. Then he smiles.

"I think you can guess how I got my name."
Fu-Man Chu
Syl

"Well then, it is a pleasure to your acquiantances. I'm Sylhouette, with a "y" thank you! - though I respond to Syl. As for me, my main area of expertise takes place in the Matrix."

"Now that we've made introductions, and I assume we all agree to cooperate for our mutual benefit, may I propose we move our discussions elsewhere . . . so as to not inconvinience our kind host?"
Ecclesiastes
Angel shrugs. "You know a place?"
Glyph
Rent

"Name's Rent, and I've done a bit of bodyguarding work. You get to know the hot night spots and the local rumormill in my job. If she's out there, we'll find her... I've got friends in low places."

He nods at Syl's suggestion. "Yeah. Let's find a place that isn't such a dive. Plus, I don't like leaving my gun with strangers any longer than I have to."

As they are heading out the door (with the advance, presumably), he turns to Billy. "By the way, maybe we shouldn't write off checking out the Cave. A smooth street operator checking things out discreetly is a hell of a lot better than a bunch of corp thugs in suits trying to browbeat the locals. It sure wouldn't hurt to check it out, anyways."
Sphynx
Billy

"Well, perhaps it's time to split up then... I don't see much else needing to be discussed at this moment, we all know what we have to do, perhaps we should just decide to meet up somewhere in a couple of hours while the computer nerds hit the matrix and the rest hit the Cave looking for scraps to pick up on. If neither produces any leads, we can make plans to hit a certain mega-corp and try to get some info there....", Billy says after a bit of contemplation.

After a bit, he asks Chip in private. "What are those chip things you got there? I have one of those holes as well, but have never used it or have any idea what it's for really....", he says as he points to his own multi-slot chipjack.
snowRaven
Chip

"Sounds like me and Syl are in charge of matrix searches. So, does anyone have a good place to meet up?"

To Billy he says in a low voice:
"It's Billy right? These chips are called skillsofts - they're... well, basically you just plug a chip and you know how to do something, but the technology is really quite complicated. If you have the right cybernetic systems installed you can use preprogrammed skillchips to be almost anything - a martial artist, a marksman, a racecar driver, an athlete; you name it.
"So, how did you get the jack?"
Ecclesiastes
"I'll head over to The Cave with you guys. Maybe the angels will have something to tell me about the place. And I'm sure the Lord can help get the Truth out of people."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012