Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruitment Thread : 3rd Ed "In the Shadows"
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
IanW
I'd like to see if anyone is interested in playing some low-powered, black hat, old-school SR3, set back in 2050.

The campaign I'd like to run is "In the shadows" - Our Heroes arent nine to five joes or full time, elite professional shadowrunners, but rather in the grey area between legitimate biz and full time criminal.

You arent the best in the biz. You arent close to the best in the biz. You're in Seattle, doing a bit of this and that, and you're just getting by.

Character generation is using Becks v2 karmagen with 300 points, but Im a sucker for a well-rounded character with things that make sense from a RP point of view, rather than viciously effective minmaxing ... so if you could minmax it to 300 or do things that make sense but the numbers come in at at 308, tell me about it and I'll probably let you get away with it.

I like Contacts, so you start with (Charisma) in free contacts, and Ettiquite skills come with half their level in appropriate contacts as well.

Finally, its SR3, but Mages and Shamans are being hit hard with a nerf bat

1. You can only cast a spell at the Power you have the formula for - Powerball-6 and Powerball-2 are seperate spells. You cannot "download" Powerball-6 to rank 2.

2. Maximum successes are limited to the Power of a spell.

3. Expect Background Count. Just about the whole Barrens is Background Count 1, for example, and all that misery and despair makes much of it is Background-2. So are most corporate facilities, especially the hi-tech ones.
Scarecrow
I like the concept, and the game sounds intriguing. Unfortunately, it's 3rd edition, and I don't have any 3rd edition books any more. frown.gif

Any chance of convincing you to make it 4th? Any at all? Maybe?
JonathanC
I still have my SR3 rulebook, but I don't know how BECKS works in 3rd edition; would it be possible to send you a character built with the priority system instead?
IanW
Scarecrow,

Im a dinosaur. 3rd ed is what I understand smile.gif When in doubt, describe what you want to do, RP it out and I'll fold, spindle and mutilate the rules to make it happen.

JonathonC,

Sure. Write up the concept and how you've implemented it, and I'll make it work under the rules, staying as close to your concepts as I can.

The theme is 'Bit of this and a bit of that. I get by', so you may have a grumpy GM if you have four skills at 6 and cant drive, use a computer or move at better than a walk, but I'll be a happy GM if I could see some thought has gone into a background and making some hooks for doing this and that and linking you to the rest of the group.

If you'd like to have a go yourself, www.nerdprideradio.com/Content/Downloads/BeCKS.pdf

Definites

<same as the set of ethical corp execs, chummers>

Characters being prepared

Noll : Egill, a UCAS citizen human mana user
Fox : Decker/rigger

Expressions of Interest

Scarecrow, if he gets over his Temporal Anomaly (Domains ! The Matrix ! Target Numbers !)
JonathonC
Noll
I'm still trying to understand the BECKS system smile.gif I will soon make the character with this system.
taeksosin
<3 SR3 (though I don't know it worth a poo), still have my book and one or two others floating around. I'll roll up a character, examine my schedule, and determine whether or not I can keep up in four games. If you hit your limit and someone else wants a spot, they can have mine obviously. Thinking a physical type (maybe a physad? Gonna have to start poring through books again) with a minor in social graces.
Chance359
If theres still room, I can put together an ork street sam.
IanW
QUOTE (Chance359 @ Aug 22 2012, 06:54 AM) *
If theres still room, I can put together an ork street sam.

Absolutely - but given the theme, put some thought and some skillpoints in how you're making a living when not committing violence for money.

Chance359
If the game is set in 2050, I'm guessing access to stuff from man and machine will be limited?
Scarecrow
Just re-read the theme and all, and based on that AND the fact that it's 3rd edition, I will bow out of this one.
Chance359
Actually, the more i look over my build/trying to remember 3rd ed rules, I'm also going to bow out.
thisfox
Hi.
Hmm first post, please forgive.

I've acquired an Ork Decker with some medical skills, by the name of Bets. She's been approved, and is ready to play when you lot are. smile.gif

--Fox.
Noll
Hi Fox! I love Orks! My human mage is ready too smile.gif
taeksosin
I'm putting the finishing touches on a stumpy odd jobs man (mostly fluff and trying to pull that last bit of tweaking with a point or two of karma). Mainly stuck with what was in the SR3 base book by default. So, we're gonna have the perfect setup for jokes. "An ork, human and dwarf walk into a bar..."
thisfox
I can see the ork and the human walking into the bar... pretty sure that dorf of yours will walk right UNDER it. ;p

A word to the wise: Don't go drinking in dwarf bars. It'll result in headaches....
Bastard
3rd Edition! Fuck yeah!

Please tell me there is room for an ex-Johnson face. Already have the character from another low-level pbp game that fizzled out.

I will have to remake the character- never used BECKS, always used BPs. Do you have a link where I can get the instructions for that?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012