Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ORO Stock Certificates
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
Quince
Mr. M-

While conducting business the other day, you asked me to keep an ear to the streets regarding word of ORO Stock certificates. I responded, apparently rather rashly, by implying that this is nothing more than an urban legend- legitimate ORO certificates would simply be an impossibility. I dislike intensely admitting that I might be mistaken, but I'm starting to think that perhaps I responded somewhat hastily: Very briefly, I had a small window to review a stock certificate before I returned it to the original owner.

Now, even more then being proven incorrect, I dislike these sorts of nebulous mysteries. It simply shouldn't exist, or if it did, it would never, ever enter circulation. I've leaned on a few extremely discrete contacts, and tasked the Agents to do some overtime work. In the interest of continued mutual interests, I present to you my findings:

First, the certificate itself. Reviewing archived imagery shows the following text:

"100 Shares of Common Stock (share warrant to bearer) in ORO Corporation
Incorporated as OROcorp.biz under the laws of the state of Tabasco and México. This certificate is transferable.
This certifies that the bearer of this Warrant is the holder of one hundred fully paid and non-assessable shares of common stock with the par value of $0.01 each in ORO Corporation.
Dated: 14 Aug 2007
Signed: Juan Ortega, Julio Ramos And D. Oriz."

This language is simple, but legally correct. But I'm already neglecting important thing- Whoever is the bearer of the certificate owns 100 shares of ORO. Read that again. WHOEVER HOLDS THE CERT OWNS A MAJOR PORTION OF AZT. Not a publicly traded subsidiary, but pure, mainlined, uncut, undiluted Aztechnology. And if I shoot you in the head, take your certificate, well, then, now I'M legally the happy (and inherently short-lived) owner.

After touching the certificate, residual traces indicate a hardwood base, with a high cotton percentage, and some plasticized elements- I suppose it would have been available in 2007, though the inclusion of plastic fibers would have made it rare and quite new. I did not get a sample of the ink.

Interestingly, There is a QR Code on the back that allows access into Aztechnology Investor's Information Systems, specifically, to confirm the authenticity of the certificate and the status of a shareholder's investment: http://www.orocorp.biz/5891HOIE245LKR.php

So, if you had the chance back in 2007 to invest in 100 shares of ORO, splits have is now increased your meager holdings to 51,200 shares in AZT, or 0.9% of the total AZT. Considering that roughly 5% buys you a seat on the Aztechnology board of directors, even a 1% share is of unfathomable value (I mean, I can certainly fathom it. Others? Maybe not so much) value. Of course, converting the shares safely without a few dozen friendly faced Cuachicqueh hit-squads knocking on your door is another matter entirely. And if you've actually GOT a certificate, well, this problem is certainly one I can solve with the right financial incentives.

Finally, there appeared to be a four part QR code on the back of the certificate, but without more parts, my Agents came up with nothing. I've passed the imagery to a technomancer colleague to see if they might be able to stitch something together.

-Quince
ShadowJackal
Bueller. Part 2 of 4.
http://shadow-jackal.tumblr.com/post/29720...ng-scramble-and
Quince
Fantastic, Jackal!

That makes another of the four certificates may be marked been found- That puts us one step closer to reconstructing the four part QR code on the back. Could you please post a link an image of your section of the QR code?

If we get all four parts together, that code reconstruction should be a snap! And if anyone else has another piece of the QR code, please post.

-Quince
Quince
Fun little note attached to the folder:

For now, my mind is my own. At the appointed time, ASSETRETRACTED is now authorized to access AZT Corporate Archive #1284284214, append appointed file, and execute directive XOLOTL per my instructions.
-JUNE 4, 2064 JA

And from the date and ability to access the corporate archives, its reasonable to guess who JA is.

- Quince

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012