Full Version: Training my dog
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Makki
My suggestion so far is as follows:

Gabriel Hound

Sit! Basic
Heel! Basic
Down! Basic

Hide!Moderate (For a Gabriel Hound this usually means a mixture of Infiltration, Concealment, Mask Spell)

Use and sustain Movement on me! Advanced

base cost= 2000
Will 4
=> Basic training costs 8000
=> Moderate costs 20000
=> Advanced costs 28000

any improvements, changes, further trainings?

Go.
CanRay
I don't know, how much does an old fashioned Newspaper cost?
Krishach
I just made the beasthandler from the thread a while back, and am running into much the same issue.

However, I would argue that your Moderate is a little mixed. Using their powers to conceal themselves, especially the Mask spell, is instinctual for the Gabriel Hound. The Mask especially, which is what they commonly use.

However, since they are feral, and I see no common stories about Gabriel Hounds being widely domesticated by Corps, I could also make the argument that Heel and Stay could be moderate. There is a lot of wiggle room to use fluff here without a solid grounding of rule details. Personally, I would rule that Heel and Stay are moderate, and let anything further be made against the higher willpower of a feral pup/adult if that's what you obtained. Obvious against instinct would be things like maintaining the Mask if injured, etc.

For cost, since the will is 4, the book recommends x2 for the Will of the creature (GM can do more than this is if the critter was feral since vs training they get a multiplier). Again, were I GMing, this could go both ways. I'd be shocked if there wasn't at least one hick in Seattle trying to breed and train these things, so I'd ask your GM if you can try for one of those.

Moderate training for a Gabriel Hound, per book, would be 10,000¥ which does not include the creature of course. Against Instict would be 40,000¥.

Is there any particular reason you are going for a Gabriel Hound? It could be a solid choice for certain types I guess, but I don't see a single one bringing a whole lot to the field that some other animals can't do and then some.

It's a pricey investment as well: buy some armor for the little guy.
Makki
I was under the believe, Moderate Training cost is base x 5 x 2 (Will) ?!
I was playing with the idea, the GH could provide me with Movement and sustain it, while he stays behind.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012