Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seattle Knights is looking for a Runner.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
ShadowDragon8685
My Sunday SR4 game, Seattle Knights, is looking for a player, since one of our players was forced to withdraw due to a real life game moving into the same game slot.

So, that means that my game is open for recruitment! Please, I'd like only players who will be able to reliably attend: if you have doubts about spending your Sundays on IRC, or whether you will be able to attend such an early game start, think on the subject before you apply. The game is on the irc.sorcery.net server, and is spread over the #Shadowrun, #ShadowrunOOC, and #ShadowrunMatrix rooms. ShadowrunAstral might be created if anyone actually starts using the astral. smile.gif

If you want to know what's happened before, Here is the running log of the second run, the first run the group undertook after my unfortunate forced hiatus from the 21st century. (Computer troubles.)

The group currently has the in-character name Junkyard Dogs, because they have a group Lifestyle, based in an old, abandoned junkyard in Redmond. Joining the group lifestyle is not mandatory by any stretch; the newest player doesn't live in it (though he's thinking of,) and one of the others, though notionally living in it, prefers to spend her time at the residence the group was hired to babysit in Blimey Estates (a blatant parody of England built in the 2040s as upper middle-class and has been going downhill since.)

Although it's not mandatory, it's an easy way in - the notional owner of the junkyard, the player who had to leave recently and has faded into the background as an NPC/landlord, has a policy of taking in anyone who wants shelter, if they're willing to work hard and not be assholes to him or the others living there. 'Working hard' includes helping out with both the work around the yard, and the Work to bring in money.

The group's current list of players are as follows:
AngelRat: amnesiac elf Face/Hacker, augmented with five nines of bio- and cyberware, who appears to be 13 but may in fact be considerably older, and is utterly adorable to everyone who ever lays eyes on her.
Alexander: human Hermetic Mage, likes to spend his time inventing new spells and glitching summoning rolls with hilarious results. Any spirit he summons in the vicinity of, or explicitly to aid, AngelRat, comes out as a Pokémon.
Brick, troll Heavy, cybered up and surprisingly well-rounded.
Cascade, a human hacker/rigger/mechanic who's largely a jack of all trades (except the hacking,) from the PCC. Slowly losing her memories of everything that happened before the game thanks to a bad run-in with some IC.
Kotaru, Murder-Machine. Japanese cyberninja with a burned past and a cranial bomb, formerly a Shiawase company man.

I'm looking for a new player to join the group; I'm currently willing to entertain virtually any character suggestion, and it can be a 'wild' character (Pixie, AI, something stranger,) too, so the Runner's Companion metavariants and non-metahuman characters are okay.

I'd like those with character proposals to post them here so I can go over them and make up my mind/offer suggestions, but ultimately the slot goes to whomever actually bothers to show up at game time on Sunday, September 1st. If more than one character shows up, we'll see. I'm not opposed to running an overstrength group if the existing players don't mind it.

[e]You do actually need to post here if you want in, though.

Also, I forgot (like an idiot) to post a link to the game's wiki page (probably because I was dead tired.) The game's Wiki can be found here. (Link conveniently links to the house rules part of the page.)
betterwatchit
I want to play in this. I'm already doing up a Face Adept as I speak.
almost normal
It's a pretty fun game if you can make the timeslot. Was in it for a bit, and the GM makes things entertaining.
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (almost normal @ Aug 28 2012, 04:26 PM) *
It's a pretty fun game if you can make the timeslot. Was in it for a bit, and the GM makes things entertaining.

I'd have had to insist that you had a contact named Whiskey Rose if I'd have played Fallout New Vegas before you joined... Or even before you left, Long Dick Johnson. (I've taken to referring to him in the backlog as simply Long John. And yes, he was kind enough to tell me that his character had a fucking long dick. nyahnyah.gif)

Face Adept, eh? Hrm, should be interesting. Hope it doesn't step too much on Angelrat's toes, but she's seemed reluctant to step into the Face role owing to looking like she's 13. (Plus, having two Faces never hurts.)

Just don't forget to give your character a way to hurt people and/or break things. smile.gif

[e]Also, I was wondering: totally not required, mind you, but since you are from the UK, if your character was going to be from the UK as well, or not. Just curious.
betterwatchit
I've nearly sorted him out. His name is Silvertongue, and he wants to live in the Junkyard if that's alright.
ShadowDragon8685
A Moderate Sunlight allergy? Is he a Night One or something?

Anyway, that certainly is a character sheet. Um... Who the heck is he?
ShadowDragon8685
Also, I got a message on IRC last night.

[10:55.07] <Aidan> Hey, I happened across your post on Dumpshock and was wondering if you're still looking for a player for your Sunday game?

Yes, Aidan, I am. You'll need to actually stay longer than a half-hour to catch me around, though last night when you sent that, I was out to dinner, then I got home, watched White Collar, and went to bed.
betterwatchit
Silvertongue used to be a corporate negotiator (For which corporation exactly, he won't say.) Whenever someone asks him why he left the cushy life of an executive, he says "I decided to throw in with more honest scum."

I have to ask, when you say 10:30 AM on the wiki, which time zone is that?

ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (betterwatchit @ Aug 29 2012, 02:48 PM) *
Silvertongue used to be a corporate negotiator (For which corporation exactly, he won't say.) Whenever someone asks him why he left the cushy life of an executive, he says "I decided to throw in with more honest scum."

I'd like a littttttle more than that...

EST; GMT -5 hours. So, 3:30 PM your time.
Halinn
QUOTE (betterwatchit @ Aug 29 2012, 08:48 PM) *

What are the names of his contacts? How did he get to know them? Does he have any friends or family? What does he do when not running? Why does he have so few contacts, after being a professional negotiator? Why doesn't he have a legal SIN when he used to be corporate? Why aren't his records on file?
UltraFennec
Basically, Shadow's asking for some detailed (but not super long) background that he can liberally rip for plot hooks. A few paragraphs should be enough given that's what most of us have done, I think.

Although I think I had a really spare background too...I think we've mostly made mine up in play based on my Qualities lol.

EDIT: I play Kotaru, by the by. Shadow's a fun game master, and I swear we're learning not to overplan and overthink things...soon.
ShadowDragon8685
There's nothing wrong with planning a lot and thinking a lot, but there are times to plan out something in proctological detail, and times to just pile in the truck, hit the road and go see what you see. The trick is in learning to differentiate the two. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012