Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick critter question(s)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Xahn Borealis
First of all: Yes, this is because of MLP.

Do ponies ever express as shapeshifters? What about unicorns/pegasi?
DoomFrog
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Sep 5 2012, 12:37 PM) *

I feel like Running Wild did include unicorns, but I don't remember pegasi. But I don't have the book with me at the moment.
bannockburn
I have no idea what MLP means.
However, I do not remember horse shifters in any official source. There may be a weird Mulvihill SR3 adventure on the SR-homepage though.
In regards to pegasi / unicorns: I don't think, shifters ever express as paracritters.
Xahn Borealis
RC says any animal can potentially express as a shifter, but it says nothing against horses doing it. The same with paracritters, it just says they get a Magic 1 for free.
BishopMcQ
Talk with Bull, he is a strong supporter of the Brony movement. That said, if a Pony does become a shifter, he must learn to flow.
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Sep 6 2012, 12:28 AM) *
Talk with Bull, he is a strong supporter of the Brony movement.

Really? I thought he was against it.

Another victory for the herd >u>
Tecumseh
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Sep 5 2012, 03:04 PM) *
There may be a weird Mulvihill SR3 adventure on the SR-homepage though.

Bannockburn is referring to "They Shoot Wild Horses", a one-shot adventure written for 3rd edition that's available on the Shadowrun4.com website HERE.

The premise is that a Unicorn shaman hires the group to protect a grove while some like-minded shamen perform a fertility ritual. In said ritual the participants shapechange into unicorns, although it's implied that the magic of the ritual changes them as opposed to being shapeshifters naturally.
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Sep 5 2012, 01:37 PM) *

I believe ponies can express as shapeshifters, though I haven't seen any suggested stats on them. From some quick reading about shapeshifters all I see are that they are an awakened form of a mundane critter, and with unicorns & pegasi being magical critters right off (they have magic attributes listed in RW, 120 & 121), then I don't think they can express as shapeshifters.

If you really want a shapeshifter unicorn, you can always make a herd of ponies that SURGEd with a Goring Horn (see RC, page 114) as a collective racial trait, and are otherwise mundane except for any shapeshifters you want.
CanRay
ShadowBronies scare me.
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 6 2012, 04:08 AM) *
ShadowBronies scare me.

devil.gif
Neraph
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Sep 5 2012, 02:37 PM) *

That's all I read. I'm out.
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (Neraph @ Sep 6 2012, 08:25 AM) *
That's all I read. I'm out.

Your contempt is noted, and quietly giggled at.
Krishach
I was under the impression that shifters had to be of a mundane critter, rather than a paracritter. I believe a SURGE variant horse would be in keeping with this, but I am not certain, so please let me know.

Also, since there seems to be a silly confusion, MLP is My Little Pony, yes? As for Neraph, he must not be familiar with My Little Wu-Tang Clan. I shudder to think how many times someone watched that cartoon to lipsync like that. But you HAVE to see that video at least once in your life.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012