Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let's Play Shadowrun (SNES & Genesis)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Vegetaman
Here are two Let's Plays I did almost 4 years ago back in early 2008, but just finally moved to my personal website a few months ago. They're screenshot style, with commentary.

Let's Play Shadowrun (SNES): https://sites.google.com/site/vegetaman/hom.../shadowrun_snes

Let's Play Shadowrun (Genesis): https://sites.google.com/site/vegetaman/hom...adowrun_genesis

For those of you who have never played, you may enjoy seeing the game styles and how they are different. Those of you who have played before may discover new things, or find I missed something or did something weird.

And hopefully you enjoy the humor, sparse as it may be. rotfl.gif cyber.gif rotate.gif grinbig.gif
Wounded Ronin
Shadowrun SNES got me hooked on the world....Shadowrun Genesis taught me the rules! smile.gif
ShadowDragon8685
Wow. Now that you mention it... Yeah. Micheal was an idiot.

I'd sooner walk out the door without my Ares Predator than without my DocWagon bracelet.
Halinn
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Sep 8 2012, 05:52 PM) *
I'd sooner walk out the door without my Ares Predator than without my DocWagon bracelet.

I suppose that runners don't like being tracked on general principle.
Vegetaman
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Sep 8 2012, 10:52 AM) *
Wow. Now that you mention it... Yeah. Micheal was an idiot.

Indeed. If you don't want to be tracked, why have one in the first place? Just seemed like an oddity.
CanRay
QUOTE (Vegetaman @ Sep 8 2012, 09:06 PM) *
Indeed. If you don't want to be tracked, why have one in the first place? Just seemed like an oddity.
IIRC, it only sent out a signal when you flatlined.

But I'm old and my memory... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Vegetaman
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 8 2012, 09:31 PM) *
IIRC, it only sent out a signal when you flatlined.

But I'm old and my memory... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

I vaguely remember this being the case, as well. Which makes Michael's choice even more ludicruous.

If you guys keep reading on, you'll find in the Genesis one I also do some incessant bitching about timetables and fetch quests... And I believe rightfully so.
ShadowDragon8685
I did read the whole thing, and... Well, yeah, you're kind of right. For people who ostensibly needed you desperately to save the world (or save their world, at least,) they sure did like jerking you around.

But then, they were Elves... Affiliated with Harlequinn.

Be glad they didn't have you geeked when you sealed Thon up in that tomb... Full of magical things that he wants to absorb...

You know what, I'm starting to think that Harlequinn may have played you for a sucker somehow... Not sure how, entirely... I mean, if he wanted Thon to get stronger, all he had to do was a fat lot of nothing... But yeah.

Anyway, yeah, Micheal was a retard. A DocWagon bracelet doesn't emit a constant tracking signal, it sends a scream for help when your biosigns go fuck, and then the cavalry shows up to pull your ass out of the fire... And make you pay for it, of course.

Going out without it is pretty much suicidal.
CanRay
Maybe he upgraded to the next level, and left his old one for his Brother, just-in-case?

Or it's attached to a different Fake SIN he was using, as he had to smuggle himself into NAN lands? (Thus why you have to strip your criminal record before you can go in.).
Vegetaman
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Sep 10 2012, 05:27 PM) *
I did read the whole thing, and... Well, yeah, you're kind of right. For people who ostensibly needed you desperately to save the world (or save their world, at least,) they sure did like jerking you around.

But then, they were Elves... Affiliated with Harlequinn.

Be glad they didn't have you geeked when you sealed Thon up in that tomb... Full of magical things that he wants to absorb...

You know what, I'm starting to think that Harlequinn may have played you for a sucker somehow... Not sure how, entirely... I mean, if he wanted Thon to get stronger, all he had to do was a fat lot of nothing... But yeah.

Now that you mention it, this whole outcome could've been spun several different ways, and Harlequinn could have been playing Joshua for the fool... In fact, if you hadn't run into Licoutrix, your goose would have been cooked... Harlequinn may have just wanted to distract Thon with you to seal him in himself, or for some other nefarious purpose...

Never Trust An Elf grinbig.gif
LurkerOutThere
Well also he was going to the middle of bum fuck, he might have figured it wasn't going to save him anyway so no reason to take it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012