Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Down in the Puyallups V
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Redjack
A year has passed for Revan, Jazz & Kit. The three have grown closer as a team, occasionally adding in physical assets as needed. Conversely, Jake keeps to himself, his phobia of germs making him evermore anti-social.

For Revan, the year passes quickly. Studying under Raven, his skills in spell design and casting both increase. With accumulated earnings, Revan is able to buy the materials and convince Raven to create a ring for him. Time spent with the Talismonger also is finally beginning to rub off on the young dwarf as the skills therein begin to take root.
Life on the streets of the Puyallups takes the dwarf in other directions as he becomes more at ease with and knowledgeable about the streets on which he lives. Troubling news however has been spreading about the Chulos expanding their reach and ever encroaching on the turfs of other gangs.

One year after arriving in Seattle, Jazz has settled in. She knows her neighborhood well enough and even some of the remote places around town. She has accustomed herself to her new environment and moves like an immigrated native. She knows where to shop and which hangouts are worthy of her presence. She also knows a few corners that are better avoided.

Between turning heads in the local clubs and billiard dens, and haunting the Matrix, Jazz has been rather busy with her outdated equipment. She has spent months looking for reliable sources to get her software up to date, or SotA as the kids say. A lot has happened since she had bought her programs, and while they were still quite capable in doing the job, she wanted to replace them. After getting rid of the programs and looking at the sad amount of nuyen she got for fencing them, especially compared to the price she had paid back in the day, as well as finally finding some fellow hackers in the local cracker scene, Jazz loads her commlink up with a plethora of shiny new, and not quite legal, softs. Her joy is in the bargain of a fraction of the cost. Regrettably, she also discovers that to want is not always to have; not everything she thought to find was available on the black market. They also showed her a few neat tricks, like how to get someone else to pay for your bills. Well, she did know some tricks in this direction already, but they were of a vastly different kind.
Redjack
Jazz - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @08:30: Jazz's Doss, NorPoint Condominiums, 2360 Ruston Way, Tacoma District, Seattle

The incessant beeping of the alert on her comlink could only come from a priority sender. Finally coherent enough to make out the message and open it, she sees:
<<@Jazz [Kilroy] I have a job for your team. 11:00@Underworld 93. Ask for Tiny.>>

Revan - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @08:30: 18110 A S, Raven's Nest, Loveland, Puyallup District, Seattle

Revan had completed the first round of morning chores and was sitting to breakfast when the chirp of his comlink told him there was a message waiting.
<<@Revan [Kilroy] I have a job for your team. 11:00@Underworld 93. Ask for Tiny.>>

Kit - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @08:30: Kit's Doss, Puyallup Barrens, Seattle

Kit as crashed in her Puyallup flop last night. Yesterday word had come about a pair of bounty hunters seeking a person matching her description to the Shinto Temple in Japan-Town. Her rest had been fitful and lacking and was interrupted by a sound she realized is her comlink.
<<@Kit [Kilroy] I have a job for your team. 11:00@Underworld 93. Ask for Tiny.>>

Saytr
Revan - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @08:30: 18110 A S, Raven's Nest, Loveland, Puyallup District, Seattle

Revan looks over the message noting the time and where he had to travel he felt it best to make haste, finishing his breakfast with raven considering he has been a dear friend for him and most generous mentor this last year has been amazing he has learned so much he had not known before. With the gangs having increasing troubles between themselves he was not comfortable leaving raven alone so before he left he summoned a watcher spirit to look after the old man in case of danger, revan also contacts the local gang and gives them a little extra cash to watch over his mentors area a little extra then normal with a little extra Nguyen thrown their way it usually isn't a problem. More of a piece of mind for revan knowing that raven was more then capable to summon powerful allies if needed he still liked knowing the shop keeper would at least have extra eyes around.

Underworld 93 had a rep for great music acts maybe the best in town, he finished his preparations and chores then bid Raven a farewell after putting on his gear and newly acquired jewelry.
Redjack
Chunan - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @08:30: 3409 23rd St. S.W., Puyallup Lighthouse Christian Center, Puyallup District, Seattle

Despite his need for very little sleep for the past several years, the events of the previous night left Chunan with very little time to get that very little sleep. When the vibrating of his comlink awoke him, he looked around and realized that he he is settled on the west side of the roof of a sizable building mostly between his former flop and downtown Puyallup City. Below, he could begin to hear a few voices of people coming and going on this Saturday.

Pulling out his comlink, the message was from Kilroy.
<<@Chunan [Kilroy] 11:00@Underworld 93. The job is considerably more lucrative. This time, ask for Tiny.>>
Thanee
Jazz - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @08:35: Jazz's Doss, NorPoint Condominiums, 2360 Ruston Way, Tacoma District, Seattle

A few minutes after the message woke her, Jazz is sitting at the edge of her bed. With a few well-trained mental commands, she sends a message to the remaining two, that would make up her team. A second command sets her coffee-maker in motion.

<< @Revan, Kit [Jazz] Morning guys! Got a message from Kilroy. He wants to set up a job interview at 11. Yeah, that's 11 am. Underworld 93. Ask for Tiny. You comin'? >>

So, Underworld 93. Let's see...

A moment later, her commlink is collecting information on the club, location, dress code, stuff like that.

<< @Revan, Kit [Jazz] Oh, and better dress nice. Pretty fancy place, despite the location. >>
cndblank
Kit - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @08:36: Kit's Doss, Puyallup Barrens, Seattle

Kit took a deep breath and picked up the comm link to check the message. It was no surprise when she saw Jazz's IM show up before she was done reading Kilroy's invit.
<<@Revan, Jazz [Kit]Morning. Affirm. CU@Java Joes@10?>>
Grinchy McScrooge
Chunan - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @08:30: 3409 23rd St. S.W., Puyallup Lighthouse Christian Center, Puyallup District, Seattle
Chunan; PAN = active [wireless, earbuds, goggles, subvocal mic]; SIN = Jonathan Wong (not broadcast); Public Profile = Chunan (not broadcast)

Sitting up slowly, Chunan felt every joint and tendon in his body do the SNAP, CRACKLE, and POP of Soy Krispies™ cereal. I don't know what possessed me to fall asleep on the peak of a roof, but my body is telling me that I'd better not do it again if I want its continued cooperation.

Standing up to stretch out his wiry frame, Chunan abruptly sat down again as flashes of the night before started hitting him in a kaleidoscope of memories.

The look of terror on the young boy's face as he sold Chunan out to the Shang Yiyuan Nanzi running-dogs.

His mad, acrobatic dash across the tops of the storage units towards the exit, while the gangers milled around like larvae on the warehouse floor below.

The sparkle of falling glass that accompanied his exit from the building.

The visceral crunch of breaking bones blending with the animalistic moans of the gangers he couldn't avoid.

The flash of scenery as he leapt from building to building.

The look of terror on the face of a free-falling foe who proved more dogged than the rest.

The weariness of body and spirit that came with final freedom.

Slowing his breathing, Chunan absorbs the memories, while allowing the attached emotions to flow over him, but not become him. After a spell of meditation feels refreshed and more focused. After standing up again to take his bearings, Chunan sits back against the upper peak to plot his route Underworld 93, before sending a few messages.

<<@Kilroy [Chunan] Thank you. I will prove your trust in me.>>

<<@Sifu_Shen [Chunan] After last night's ruckus, I do not think I will be back for awhile. I will not join those gangers, yet I do not want to endanger the rest of the community by my presence. Tell the young boy I bear him no ill-will. I know he was in a difficult position. Please keep me aprised of the situation and let me know if there is anything I can do for you while I am about the city.>>

<<@Sifu_Wong [Chunan] Sifu, I am ashamed to say I will not be able to make to continue my studies with you, until the situation with the gangers settles down. I do not wish to harm any more of them nor have them retaliate against the community because of me. I promise to practice every day and be mindful of all that you have taught me. Any last piece of advice you can offer would be most welcome. >>

Dressing up for Underworld 93 could be a problem this time. Chunan had tossed the bag of new clothes into the corner of his unit when he'd gotten home the night before and there was no way he was going back for them. Hopefully during the day the club is closed and my clothing won't draw too much ire. At least I'll be dealing with Tiny this time. He is an honourable man, unlike his gutterpunk employer, Mitch.

Sliding down the lowest peak of the building and landing lightly on his feet, Chunan begins to run and quickly falls into a steady pace. He makes a mental note to stop at a Stuffer Shack on the way, so he could freshen up and sate his rumbling belly. A quick change of clothing wouldn't be a bad idea either, if I can find a second-hand clothing store or something.
Saytr
Revan - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @08:31: 18110 A S, Raven's Nest, Loveland, Puyallup District, Seattle

<@kit, jazz[revan]"ill see you both there at 1100."> revan puts in a call for a cab to pick him up, he dressed up for the area and headed out of the shop and started out once again leaving his only famil. Revan headed out of the door and prepared himself for some real work.
Thanee
Jazz - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @08:37: Jazz's Doss, NorPoint Condominiums, 2360 Ruston Way, Tacoma District, Seattle

<< @Kit [Jazz] Sorry, but I probably won't be able to make it that early. >>

Jazz - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @10:58: Underworld 93 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle

Since she has taken her time to get dressed and prepare herself for the upcoming meeting, Jazz had to make up some time on the way. Having won the argument with the autopilot, she arrives at the parking lot in her black SUV with screeching tires, barely in time for the appointment. Her tight-fitting, black leather dress really underlines her good looks. Those who manage to look beyond the pretty facade, and with the experience, will probably notice that it is subtly armored. Jazz hurries towards the entrance, where she asks about Tiny to get led to where the meeting is taking place.
Saytr
Revan shows up getting out of the cab to the meet wearing his normal attire of clothes. Showing up he asks for tiny and allowed into the warehouse.
Grinchy McScrooge
Chunan - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @09:10: Akbar's Stuffer Shack, , Puyallup District, Seattle, UCAS
Chunan; PAN = active [wireless, earbuds, goggles, subvocal mic]; SIN = Jonathan Wong (not broadcast); Public Profile = Chunan (not broadcast)

Arriving at Akbar's Stuffer Shack, Chunan notes a sign just inside the doorway stating:

ANYBODY WHO YELLS "IT'S A TRAP" ON THESE PREMISES WILL BE SHOT

I don't get it. Must be gwailo humour.

Going into the restroom, Chunan gives his appearance a good once-over. Noting all the rips, tears, blood (mostly other peoples'), and sweat stains he concludes that everything but his shoes and leather jacket are completely trashed. Leaving the washroom, he attempts to pick out a set of nondescript, yet fashionable, clothing. Paying for them at the register, he ignores the open-mouthed stare he's getting from the pimply-faced, dwarf teen behind the counter. Returning to the washroom, Chunan changes clothes, giving his body a good rinsing as he goes. Afterwards, he transfers his knives to their new hiding places and junks his old clothing. On his way out, he nukes a couple of soy burritos and grabs a bottle of Electrosoy™, then heads off to his appointment.

Chunan - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @10:40: Underworld 93, 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle, UCAS
Chunan; PAN = active [wireless, earbuds, goggles, subvocal mic]; SIN = Jonathan Wong (not broadcast); Public Profile = Chunan (broadcast)

After a much needed detour, Chunan arrives at Underworld 93. He marvels at how desolate the building looks in the morning light.

I hope this meeting signals a change in fortune. I could really use it!

Heading around to the far side building, he approached the service entrance and rings the buzzer.
Redjack
Revan - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @09:25 - Underworld 93, 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle, UCAS

Revan is dressed and well ready before the cab finally arrives nearly half an hour later. Looking at the address, the cabbie gives the dwarf a funny look. "You realize this is night club right? The operative word being night?" With confirmation from his passenger, he drives on, delivering the dwarf well over an hour before the meeting.

Making his way around to an entrance he knocks on the door... then knocks again. Then yet again. Finally, the door opens and a double barrel shotgun slides out to his face. "Halfer, you better have a damn good reason to be knocking on the door..." After Revan explains how he is there for the meet, the door opens a little more. A grizzly, scrawny man in his 50's in a bullet proof vest steps into the light. "Chummer you have got to be kidding me..." Looking out into the lot. "How the hell did you get here?" He looks back to Revan. "You didn't. You took a cab?" He begins to laugh then points to the door. "Get your halfer ass in the door."

Revan is taken into the main room to a table. "Wait here." The room is large and inspiring, even in its emptiness. Revan can imagine the booming sounds of Maria Mercurial or Jet Black filling the room, the gyrating bodies of men and women dancing, the aura of such a concert... then the boredom sets in as he begins to wait alone.

Kit - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @10:00 - Pacific Ave S & 170th St S, Loveland, Puyallup District, Seattle, UCAS

Kit arrives at Java Jane's, alone. Jane nods to the very distinctive, wide-eyed, demure, Japanese woman. Kit sits alone, enjoying a cup of Jane's blend. She quickly determines that Jazz is occupied and will meet at the site... and Revan is already there.

Chunan - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @10:40 - Underworld 93, 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle, UCAS

Chunan arrives at the parking lot of Underworld 93 to find it mostly empty, only three cars in the lot. Making his way around to the side entrance and knocking on the door, he is met by a grizzly, scrawny man in his 50's in a bullet proof vest holding a double barrel shotgun in one hand. "Tiny? He'll be with you soon enough. I'll take you to your friend." Chunan is led into the main room. The only other person in the room is a dwarf, sitting a table looking very bored.

Kit - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @10:45: Underworld 93 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle

Having finished her coffee, Kit catches a cab who reluctantly delivers her to the Underworld 93. Around the side entrance, she sees a grizzly, scrawny man in his 50's in a bullet proof vest holding a double barrel shotgun and smoking a cigarette. As Kit exits the cab and heads over, the man has apparently found something very amusing and is laughing. Without a word, he leads her into the club to a table where Revan sits with a small Chinese man.

Team - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @10:58: Underworld 93 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle

Jazz arrives minutes before the meeting in her black SUV. Stepping out of the vehicle, dressed to kill, she covers the short distance to the human at the side door. He looks her up one side and down the other. "Sweety, we're closed." "Tiny?" He looks her up and down again. He shakes his head and smiles, before opening the door and leading her in, locking the door behind them.

As Jazz enter the main room, she sees Revan & Kit and a small Chinese man. A troll is strolling across the room to the team. Reaching the table, he looks at the foursome, acknowledging the Chinese man. "Jackie, good to see you again." He pauses, thinking for a second. "Chunan." He then addresses the team as a whole, "Call me Tiny."
Grinchy McScrooge
Chunan - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @10:40 - Underworld 93, 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle, UCAS

Giving the dwarf a slightly quizzical look, Chunan pulls up a chair across the table from him.

"Greetings, omae. I am Chunan. The aged bear believes we are acquainted. Should we be...?"
cndblank
Kit - - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @10:40 - Underworld 93, 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle, UCAS

Kit took carefully took a measured breath as she entered Underworld 93, smelling for any thing out of the ordinary. Smelled like large nearly empty nightclub. The man lead her to Revan's table. There was a new face sitting with him. She slid down on to a chair and nodded to both of them. New scents flooded her nose. She matched them to ones she had experienced before.
<<@Revan [Kit]Hoi!>>
Thanee
Jazz - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @11:00: Underworld 93 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle

Jazz reaches the table just in time, as Tiny also gets there.

Well, talk about perfect timing...

The attractive blonde looks for a seat, while nodding towards their host.

"Tiny it is, then. I'm Jazz. Unusual time for such a meeting."

<< @Team [Jazz] Chunan? Don't think I recall that name... anyone know about him? >>
Redjack
Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @11:00: Underworld 93 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle

The troll acknowledges the blonde bombshell's words with a nod and a forced smile. "Time is a luxury not currently available is a large quantity." He looks the team over once then continues. "I'm told your team is a little unconventional. At first blush, I definitely agree with that assessment; I need a team that works with means other than by the barrel of a gun." He pauses to take a breath, as if pondering his words. "The job is to deal with a gang problem we have... and direct assault is not an option; I need you to think outside the box. Interested?"
Thanee
Jazz - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @11:00: Underworld 93 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle

Jazz puts on a winning smile.

"As long as you have the matching Nuyen, we would like to hear more. Of course. That's why we are here after all. Which brings us to your friend. I assume he is part of the deal?"
Redjack
Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @11:01: Underworld 93 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle

Gesturing to the Chinese man, Tiny says, "This is Chunan. He has worked with us before and has encountered the gang in question so he might speed up your coming up to speed. As to nuyen... we are willing to offer a thousand nuyen each to start working on this, half up front. If you are able to resolve our issue, we will pay you each a two thousand nuyen bonus."
Saytr
Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @11:01: Underworld 93 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle
Revan

Revan sits down and annoyed at his early arrival took a moment to look over the place before the meeting stared, once addressed by the Chinese man revan stands up and bows slightly. " origato chunan-son, pleasure to meet you. Please call me Revan." and sits back Down to await the others arrival.

Once kit and jazz show up he greets them and listens as the troll offers the job. Reluctant as he knows not which gang they want them to take care of if it is the triad or yakuza Witt the Chinese man that arrived and the comment of gangs it was a likely possibility, one Nick was it about to pass. Once the question is asked he awaits jazz to determine the final asking price but knew in his heart at he would be taking the job regardless of the pay. Curious of the Chinese man revan attempts to astrally perceive chunan to see if he is inherit to the magic world as revan.
Grinchy McScrooge

While feeling slightly rebuffed by the Japanese greeting, Chunan nevertheless nods acceptance, waiting in silence for the rest of the gathering to convene.

At the mention of his name, Chunan bows in his seat, reddening slightly. Tiny got my name right this time! I obviously made a good impression yesterday.

"It would be an honour to work with you again, Tiny. On my own behalf, I accept. The Chulos definitely need to be taught a lesson in manners."
Thanee
Jazz - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @11:01: Underworld 93 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle

"Well, then, nice to meet you, Mr. Chunan. So, let's hear the whole story..."
cndblank
Kit - - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @11:01 - Underworld 93, 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle, UCAS

Kit Kit nodded politely to Mr. Chunan then leaned forward to hear the of the story.
<<@Team [Kit] Sounds like fun! And we get paid!>>
Saytr
Revan was hoping it would have to deal a little something closer to his past to get a chance at some payback but none the less Nuyen spent the same either way and it had been a while since some steady work had been given. "I believe we are open to hear the work as you said time is of the essence so a rush job means less planning for the right results." Revan looks to jazz for a opening to negotiate as she did last time for a larger pay out, it never hurt to ask considering it was their lives on the line. Hoping jazz would pick up on the opening he let the statement hang in the air.
Redjack

Tiny addresses Revan's concern. "I wouldn't call it a rush job; just wouldn't let grass grow under your feet." He looks around the ground as he continues, "The issue is the local chapter of the Chulos is seeking to expand their territory. It would be unfortunate if they interfered with our business. So... you all in?"
Grinchy McScrooge

"I am definitely in, Tiny." Looking to the others around the table, "That is if your group minds working with me."
cndblank
Kit - - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @11:02 - Underworld 93, 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle, UCAS
Kit nodded and said "In."
Saytr
Revan

Revan didn't know chunan or his abilities but none the less he obviously had talent or he wouldn't have been there."I'm in, please continue"
Thanee
Jazz - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @11:02: Underworld 93 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle

Jazz looks to Chunan, her expression friendly: "I don't mind."

Then she turns back to Tiny.

"Sounds like this could grow bigger than it looks at first glance. Let's double that bonus, and we are all in."
Redjack
Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @11:03: Underworld 93 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle

Jazz's request for double the bonus puts Tiny off he solid social footing; he doesn't appear to be used to not being taken at his opening offer. Jazz and the troll spend next minute or so pushing back and forth and verbally sparring... Though for all his muscles, Jazz turns each counter against him. In the end, he consents, "As long as no attacks occur on the club prior to your resolution..."

Reaching into his pocket, he drops an assortment of nuyen coins, UCAS dollars and certified credsticks on the table. "Your advance. I took the liberty of diversifying the currency to speed up your efforts."
Thanee
Jazz - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @11:04: Underworld 93 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle

Jazz leans back in her chair, satisfied with the result.

"Alright, then. Let's hear the whole story!"
Redjack
Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @11:04: Underworld 93 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle

With the look of someone who lost a dozen straight hands of poker and just drew a full house, Tiny smiles. "Its really that simple."
Thanee
Jazz - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @11:04: Underworld 93 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle

"Simple, yeah. It sure sounds like that. Ok, so we are done here then? Then let's get started!"
Saytr
Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @11:04: Underworld 93 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle
Revan

Revan is surprised that is all tiny says, usually there is a corp assets or some hidden agenda. Curious " tiny, was there a recent attack or are they starting to ask for protection money? No offense why hire a team just to deal with a gang why not just buy them off??"
Thanee
Jazz - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @11:05: Underworld 93 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle

"Chunan, why don't you tell us what you know about this gang, then? I think that will definitely be helpful."
Grinchy McScrooge
Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @11:05: Underworld 93 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle

"I cannot add much. I work security last night. The Chulos tried to intimidate the hostess for prevention money for Underworld 93. Their behaviour suggests they enjoy inflicting harm. They definitely do not know how to treat a lady!"

Chunan sits back, feeling slightly flushed. He knows his English isn't very good and he wants to make a good impression. Hopefully I don't make an ass of myself. He tries to stifle a sigh.
Saytr
Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @11:05: Underworld 93 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle
Revan

"Is this the first time they have come calling for prevention money?"
Thanee
Jazz - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @11:07: Underworld 93 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle

"Well, guess I will have to find out more about them the old-fashioned way, then," Jazz says.

"Too bad they do not seem to know how to behave, otherwise there would be more options. But we should figure out who their rivals are and who else they have crossed. Might be worth talking to those first."
Saytr
" why now? Why haven't they moved in for protection money sooner, they have been around for a while. Was there a provocation for them to initiate this or are they being persuaded to give the club a bad rep maybe." revan was curious why a gang that never cared about the club before would move in all of a sudden. As unpredictable as gangs were this was still unusual.
Grinchy McScrooge
Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @11:08: Underworld 93 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle

"I like Jazz's idea of finding out who their rivals are. If we instigate an incident, we could have a solution a solution that will not involve Underworld."

"Revan, are you suggesting a corp could be behind all this?"
Thanee
Jazz - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @11:08: Underworld 93 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle

"Could be a corp. Could be some crime syndicate. Could be, they got a new leader who is a bit of a megalomaniac or just wants to show everyone how awesome he is. Either way, Revan is right, there needs to be a reason for this happening all of a sudden. Maybe we can find something in this direction, that should help us, too. Either way, since our information base about them is rather thin, that should be our first step. The rest will follow."
Redjack
Tiny looks to Revan, "The Chulos are expanding territory and we are in the middle. Historically, we have been neutral of gang involvement and would like to remain so. Once we start paying off it is a slippery slope. This is their second attempt at extortion. This attempt was more public than the last."

Tiny looks around the team. "Anything else?"
Thanee
Jazz - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @11:10: Underworld 93 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle

"What can you tell us about the first attempt? When did it happen? How did they do it?"
Grinchy McScrooge
Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @11:10: Underworld 93 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle

"I do not have any other questions. I grow up in community overrun by organised crime. The cause for this could be both simple and complex. We need to get out the and see for ourselves. That is my thought."
Saytr
Revan agreed with a nod a stood up "how about we continue this else where. First things first may we have any footage from that night. It will help id the members and help find known associates."
cndblank
Kit - - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @11:09 - Underworld 93, 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle, UCAS
Kit nodded and said "I need to go sniff around too."
Grinchy McScrooge
Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @11:11: Underworld 93 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle

Chunan stands as well. "Where shall we go to continue this discussion? I do not have much contacts, but I can do...unique reconnaissance. I need to stay away from doss for a few days anyways. I have a local gang problem of my own. Maybe we can throw them together and kill two birds. Shall we go?"
Saytr
Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @11:11: Underworld 93 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle
Revan

revan looked towards Chunan "i think it would be wise to deal with one problem at a time, nothing personal although taking out a personal enemy would be nice. Personally i would like to have as few enemies as possible and making unneccesary ones would be nice." letting that be said "i do agree we should move this conversation to a more descrete location, i will summon a spirit to look out for the individual in the tape just in case he comes back." looking towards Tiny ne nods and summons a watcher spirit to watch over the club looking for individuals dressed wearing the same type of clothing as the ganger in the video.

revan looks towards Chunan "if you need a place to crash i know of a gentleman who could use some help in his shop as payment."

<@Raven[Revan]"think you could use a little help for the use of the extra room in the back of the shop?">
Redjack
Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @11:12: Underworld 93 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle

Tiny replies to Jazz, "The first time was Wednesday the 23th. A pair rolled up early afternoon as the assistant manager was arriving. Security noted a lookout, probably watching for his arrival down the block. The conversation was short and direct, though less confrontational that last night."

When he finishes, he transfers an ARO composed of several video files.
- The first shows a pair of human bikers arriving at the edge of the parking lot. The view is wide angle and high; somewhere on the club roof line on the side of the building. An elven male is stepping out of a late model sports car; a BMW. The bikers approach him on foot. A bouncer can be seen exiting the building and moving partway across the lot; he is armed with an assault rifle. The elf converses with them for just over a minute before they leave. There is no audio.
- The second is a composite. It includes surveillance video at the same level as the roof as well as an eye cam from what can only be Tiny as well as what must be a fly-spy. It is of the encounter last night and includes audio.

<<@Revan [Raven] Revan... Don't go bringing home strays. Now is not a good time.>>
Thanee
Jazz - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @11:17: Underworld 93 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle

"Ok, thanks. So, that first attempt was recent as well. Guess we got enough directions now to start working. First step is finding out more about them, members, places, habits, any recent changes to their leadership, and any rivals they are having."
cndblank
Kit - - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @11:17 - Underworld 93, 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle, UCAS
Kit nodded and said "Once we have a matrix overview, I'll start some direct observation. Get some pics. Learn some routines. Then we can prioritize and install some surveillance gear."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012