Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finding Official SR Missions and CDT Events
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
sinthalix
There have been several questions concerning how one finds SR Missions or CDT events.

First off, my name is Ray and I'm the Lead RPGs Agent for the Catalyst Demo Team. I officially took over this portion of Bull's responsibilities.

1) Go to www.catalystdemos.com

2) If you just want to see what's coming up, click on the Events tab and it will show you the registered CDT events (Battletech, Leviathans, Shadowrun, Comsic Patrol, A Time of War, etc)

3) If you want to find stores in your area that are registered Venues, click on the Store tab.

4) If you want more options, then register as a new player, which will allow you to find Agents, Events, Venues, other players, etc.

5) If you are a registered player and attend an Event, then the Agent should credit you with attendance at the event. As of this moment, there is not a benefit from this, however, I am working with the CDT Coordinator to devise a reward system...just have to work out the details. (NOTE: as conventions are so busy, credits at local venues are easier to award....though we might be able to figure out a way to accomplish it.)

Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at sinthalix@yahoo.com

Thanks!
_Pax._
QUOTE (sinthalix @ Sep 17 2012, 08:03 PM) *
5) If you are a registered player and attend an Event, then the Agent should credit you with attendance at the event. As of this moment, there is not a benefit from this, however, I am working with the CDT Coordinator to devise a reward system...just have to work out the details. (NOTE: as conventions are so busy, credits at local venues are easier to award....though we might be able to figure out a way to accomplish it.)

Perhaps points with which to "purchase" minor advantages for one's Missions characters? Done in a way that you can print out a voucher/receipt with a serial number - that any GM can look up via whatever web-capable device they have access to, in order to verify any relevant details?

Some could be useable X times in total (e.g. "reduce the cost of one advancement by 1 karma, to a minimum of 1 karma - useable thrice only, does not stack with other Karma discounts"), others X times per mission (e.g. "reduce a glitch to a simple failure, or a critical glitch to an ordinary glitch - useable twice per Mission"), or some more expensive ones that have a blanket all-the-time benefit (e.g. "all lifestyles cost 5% less - does not stack with other lifestyle discounts").

Some could be per-player, some might be specific to the character. Some might expire at the end of a Season, others might carry over from one to the next.

... just a crazy idea off the top of my head. smile.gif

LurkerOutThere
At the risk of sounding like a curmudgeon, if there's one thing missions doesn't need it's more book keeping. Isn't the benefit of playing self evident, ya know playing and advancing your character and all that fun stuff?
sinthalix
@Pax: thanks for the ideas!

@Lurker: the idea is that it will be automated and tied in with the CDT Event Reporting so that no additional bookkeeping is required. If an Agent is recording events correctly already, then that Agent would not see anything different until a player comes to the table with a certificate or something similar. I want to keep it simple and fun! Details will be provided to CDT Agents when we are able to work something out before it is rolled out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012