Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Daughter of Deep Silence
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
Buddha72
Ok all I will need one Perception Test from each player please - you will be making it while on the road back to your safe house while moving through Loveland. You are welcome to pick whether is Astral, through sensors, or whatever. Just throw out a a brief line telling me what you're using then toss the dice. Please apply -2 modifier if you are driving a vehicle or engaging in any other activity during the transit that would require some level of concentration.

Thanks all!
UmaroVI
Astral: Intuition (6) + Assensing (4), possibly Aura Reading specialization: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4254339/ wow, 0 hits (not a glitch regardless).
BishopMcQ
We all remember the fun bouncing and weaving of the van...so let's not forget the Sprite to help me out.

Compiling F4 Machine Sprite (Resonance 6 + Compiling 3) [Optional Power: Clearsight]
9d6.hits(5)=4
Sprite Resist 4d6.hits(5)=1 -- 3 Tasks

Fading 2S - 13d6.hits(5)=2 No Fading

Task 1 - Use Diagnostics on the Bike to help me
8d6.hits(5)=1 ... Yep, that's my luck with machines and why I'm not a rigger.
Task 2 - Use Stability on the Bike.

Perception (Intuition 4 + Perception 4 - Distracted 2 + Enhancement 3) -- 9d6.hits(5)=1
Visual Mods: Flare Compensation; Smartlink; Vision Enhancement 3
Hearing Mods: Audio Enhancement 3; Spatial Recognizer

I just added one of the enhancements, figuring visual would be the more likely
Fenris
Probably a visual, since the bikes aren't rigger adapted.

Perception: Perception(4) + Intuition(3) + visual Enhancement(3) (10d6.hits(5)=3)
Emilio
Emilio's perception. Going visual:

Perception (3) + Intuition (3) + vision enhancement (3) - distracted (2) = 7d6 = 7d6.hits(5)=3
Buddha72
Happy Monday all!

I updated the karma total and included a 6 point story reward for the assault on the go-gangers - well done! I am giving JxJxA till tomorrow morning to post rolls for Zero then bumping along. Thanks all for the rolls over the weekend - not necessary but appreciated none the less. smile.gif
BishopMcQ
Sent an updated character sheet with the Karma gain.

Flexed my Resonance might to 7.
JxJxA
Oops, didn't realize I should have posted one too. I'm at my school out in the middle of nowhere, so I won't be able to roll until later today. I'm good at using my phone, but I don't feel like struggling to copy/paste rolls with it. x_x
JxJxA
Zero's Perception Roll: Assist the spirit
Int(3) + Perc(2) = 5d6 for 0 hits. I'm sensing a trend...
Isaias' Perception Roll:
Int(7) + Perc(7) = 14d6 for 4 hits.
Buddha72
Ok I am going with the following order and positions in my head:

Fleet Motorcycle
Eklipse Motorcycle
Fat Man Van
Rikik Motorcycle
Zero Motorcycle

I need the following rolls from everyone:

Reaction + Intuition (+3 for Emilio, Fleet & Isaias)
Initiative

Thanks all!

Note: Edge has refreshed
Emilio
Emilio

Reaction (7) + Intuition (3) + 3 = 13d6 = 13d6.hits(5)=4

Initiative: 10 + 10d6 = 10 + 10d6.hits(5)=1 = 11

3 passes
JxJxA
Reaction + Intuition (+3)
Zero: React(3) + Int(3) = 6d6 for 1 hit.

Isaias: React(7) + Int(7) + 3 = 17d6 for 3 hits.

Init
Zero: Init: 9 / IP: 3
React(3) + Int(3) + Imp Ref(2) = 8d6 for 1 hit.

Isaias: Init: 22 / IP: 2
Forcex2+3(17) = 17d6 for 5 hits.
BishopMcQ
Rikik -- Reaction 4 + Intuition 4
8d6.hits(5)=5

Initiative
8d6.hits(5)=2 10/2 IP
Fenris
Reaction: Reaction(6) + Intuition(3) + Bonus(3) (12d6.hits(5)=3)
Edge: Reaction(6) + Intuition(3) + Bonus(3) - Previous HIts(3) (9d6.hits(5)=3)

Total of 6 successes.

Initiative: Initiative(9) (9d6.hits(5)=5)

14/3 passes.

Knowledge Skill Roll - Electronics Tech: Logic(7) + Electronic Tech(4) + PuSHeD(1) (12d6.hits(5)=5)

What was the device I saw, most likely?
UmaroVI
Initiative: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4261442/ 15, base 11, 3 passes.
Buddha72
I have not forgotten about you my lovelies! Real life has reared it's ugly head and I am a little swamped at present so I might be able to post this weekend but it may be on Monday.

UmaroVI you forgot the Reaction + Intuition roll.
UmaroVI
Oops.

Reaction(3)+Intuition(6)=9d6, http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4263811/, 4 hits.
Buddha72
Happy Monday all!

I completely forgot I was down a parent this week during the day so posting this week is going to be challenging so I will try to post if I can swing it but worse case it will be the weekend or next Monday at the latest.
Buddha72
Howdy All!

The week is over and I'm back/ Sorry for the drop off that happened. I have updated the karma total as usual. Let's get things rolling!

Surprise Order
Lazarro 8
Benito 7
Paolo 7
Fleet 6
Ignacio 6
Gitano 6
Cecilio 6
Rikik 5
Rocco 5
Adolfo 5
Emilio 4
Fat Man 4
Edmondo 4
Silvio 4
Isaias 3
Zero 1

Initiative
Isaias 22/2
Ignacio 16/3
Gitano 15/4
Fat Man 15/3
Adolfo 15/3
Fleet 14/3
Ceclio 14/3
Benito 13/4
Rocco 12/4
Emilio 11/3
Lazzaro 11/3
Rikik 10/2
Edmondo 10/4
Paolo 9/3
Zero 9/3

Remember characters are considered surprised by any other characters who scored more hits than they did on the surprise test. Characters who are surprised cannot take any actions that directly affect, impede, or counteract characters that have surprised them.

Isalas is up! At present there are no immediate threat to respond to thought it is aware of the presence of three cherubim in the astral. You can roll me Magic or Magical Traditions or Spirits (or something similar) to identify them or learn more about them.
JxJxA
Zero doesn't have any of those for the spirit to draw on. Would Christian Theology work given the nature of the spirits? So mug for astral research and magic theory being useful... frown.gif
JxJxA
I hate my phone.
BishopMcQ
Does anyone else think its bad that they have names...not just soldier 1, mercenary 3 etc?
JxJxA
It clearly means that they are friendly, and want to take us to the movies! biggrin.gif
Buddha72
JxJxA for sure - roll away!
JxJxA
Sorry, I just want to check before throwing dice. What would the pool be for the spirit? Just its Force (i.e. 7d6)?
BishopMcQ
If the spirit doesn't have the skill, it's (Force-1) for defaulting. If the spirit has the skill, it's usually (Force x2) but that's in the case of giving Knowledge skills to ally spirits. Summoned ones generally don't have knowledge skills.
JxJxA
Works for me, especially if it keeps the game rolling:

Isaias-Christian Theology on summoned Cherubim:
Force(7) - Default(1) = 6d6 for 3 hits. ^_^ Looks like Isaias went to Sunday School along with me for all those years. nyahnyah.gif
Buddha72
Surprise Order
Lazarro 8
Benito 7
Paolo 7
Fleet 6
Ignacio 6
Gitano 6
Cecilio 6
Rikik 5
Rocco 5
Adolfo 5
Emilio 4
Fat Man 4
Edmondo 4
Silvio 4
Isaias 3
Zero 1

Initiative
Isaias 22/2
Ignacio 16/3
Gitano 15/4 Delaying
Fat Man 15/3 <<<
Adolfo 15/3
Fleet 14/3
Ceclio 14/3
Benito 13/4
Rocco 12/4
Emilio 11/3
Lazzaro 11/3
Rikik 10/2
Edmondo 10/4
Paolo 9/3
Zero 9/3

Remember characters are considered surprised by any other characters who scored more hits than they did on the surprise test. Characters who are surprised cannot take any actions that directly affect, impede, or counteract characters that have surprised them.

Fat Man is up!

I will need a Pilot Test (Reaction + Pilot Groundcraft +/- Handling) from each player as their Pass comes up with a Threshold of 1 or you can let the vehicle roll (Pilot +/- Handling).

Fleet Motorcycle (Pilot 1 & Handling +1)
Eklipse Motorcycle (Pilot 1 & Handling +1)
Fat Man Van (Pilot 2 & Handling -1)
Rikik Motorcycle (Pilot 1 & Handling +1)
Zero Motorcycle (Pilot 1 & Handling +1)

Feel free to roll me language skills (Latin) to figure out what was said or Magical Traditions etc as well as any Spell related knowledge skills (Spell Design or Theory) for the barrier erected.
BishopMcQ
Pilot Ground 2 + Reaction 4 + Diagnostics 1
7d6.hits(5)=2

(Forgot to modify for handling, 1d6.hits(5)=1 ) Total 3 hits
JxJxA
Latin translation:
Int(3) + Latin(1) = 4d6 for 2 hits, 6s and 1s instead of 3s and 7s. Are 2 1s in a dice pool of 4 a hit?

Driving: (Edit because I misread above)
React(3) + Pilot(1) + Handling(1) - Default(1) = 4d6 for 2 hits knocking off the last 2 makes it 2d6 for 0 hits. I'll edge reroll for 0 hits. Face, meet pavement. Pavement, meet face.

Magic Theory or Design Spells? Both are at 3...
Log(3) + MT/DS(3) = 6d6 for 1 hit. "I believe these spells will prevent us from passing freely through them..."
BishopMcQ
JxJxA--yeah, 2 1s in 4 dice would be a glitch.
Buddha72
JxJxA I don't see the reroll of the Driving Test so feel free to throw it out there.
JxJxA
Oops, edited the above post with the invisible castle link. Oh, and its a critical glitch.
BishopMcQ
To check, is the barrier a massive dome enclosing all of us, or for those who make their piloting checks are we ending up outside of it?

JxJxA--Well, you said you were switching characters right? Motorcycle accident with magical hit squad seems like a good way to go.
Buddha72
BishopMcQ excellent question! The test is to avoid smashing into the barrier. The dome has encapsulated the team on the street.

JxJxA the die roller agrees its time for Zero to exit stage left apparently. Good news (kind of) the crash happens when your action comes up so you have some time still.

UmaroVI
First: to see if Fat Man knows what just went up:

Magical Background (6) + Logic (5) = 11d6
Arcana (1) + Logic (5) = 6d6
Assensing (4) + Intuition (6) = 10d6 [Fat Man is dual-natured so he can see its astral signature].

Fat Man is definitely letting the Pilot drive - it's not very good, but neither is he and at least the van doesn't have Gremlins smile.gif Actually, I think due to the way Gremlins works, if Fat Man rolls himself he automatically glitches and has a 5/6 chance of crit glitching too.

Sorry I missed being up earlier - I was just getting back from a trip and lost track of the thread. A few quick questions:

• Given that the Pilot is doing the driving, can Fat Man act before it and do something other than drive before the Pilot has a chance to crash us? I think it would have its own lower initiative.
  • About how fast is the van going?
  • Am I correct in thinking that Fat Man cannot see any enemies and doesn't have any way of knowing where they are? He beat Edmondo and Silvio in the Surprise check, but I think he failed to see anyone, so he knows we are under attack and sees the barrier, but not any NPCs.

UmaroVI
Forgot to link the actual rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4281938/ 8 hits on Magical Background, http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4281940/ 2 hits on Arcana, http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4281941/ 2 hits on Assensing.
BishopMcQ
Counter spelling the barrier so folks don't drive into it or removing hits so it's less substantial when certain motorcycles do hit it would be good.
UmaroVI
Yeah, I was considering that, Mana Static to suppress it, or Shattershielding the barrier, but I wanted to figure out how much Fat Man knows about it.
JxJxA
Yeah, that's not really the way I wanted him to go out. frown.gif I'll spend my last two points of edge to negate the critical glitch to a glitch. I have to spend two because Sun mentor spirits hate it when their proteges mess up (another reason why Follower normally sighs whenever Zero rolls low).
JxJxA
Again, dumb question, but are we using any of the armor optional rules in Arsenal (like armor capacity and max armor mods)?
BishopMcQ
JxJxA--you've already spent Edge on the test, so you can't spend any more.
JxJxA
Never mind then.
Buddha72
Happy Monday all!

I updated the karma total as usual.

JxJxA I feel you pain keenly. There is some times I feel like Invisible Castle hates me and wants to see my character go down in a blaze of incompetence. mad.gif

UmaroVI I am looking to keep it simply at present so I am having the Pilot Test happen on the players actions. If the Pilot is making the Test then Fat Man can act normally (Complex or two Simples plus a Free Action). I have all the vehicles moving at 25 miles per hour (a safe driving speed on a busy city street). You are correct that Fat Man isn't aware of any enemies though he can react to any actions Edmondo and Silvio take or Delay until he becomes aware of enemies since he is letting the van make the test. At present you have spent a Simple (Perceive in Detail) - what did you want to do with the other Simple?
UmaroVI
My posting got delayed due to travel - will catch up tomorrow.
Buddha72
UmaroVI no problem and thanks for the update!
UmaroVI
Okay, in retrospect, Fat Man probably should have just taken a guess and blasted the wall, but too late for that. Fat Man is going to hold the other simple and try to use it to take cover (probably inside the van, depending on the shape it's in) after it hits.
UmaroVI
Pilot program rolls 1 dice. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4295850/ = 0 hits, not a glitch.
Buddha72
Happy Monday All!

I updated the karma total with your weekly drip of karma. Today was a holiday so I had a house full of my kids and other kids (turns out I wasn't the only one that forgot it was a holiday and thus no school) so I am hosting an impromptu day and dinner gathering as parents trickle back from work to get their spawn. I will be posting tomorrow as a result.
BishopMcQ
For the imminent Crash...

Body 17 + Armor 3 (1/2 * 6) (20d6.hits(5)=8)

Total Damage track is 17 boxes, so if we have a DV of 24 or less, it's still rolling (though with some hefty penalties)

Emilio -- do you still have that contact who fixes cars?

Buddha -- no soak test for my bike, since Rikik made the piloting test, right?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012