Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Daughter of Deep Silence
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
UmaroVI
The FAQ (under Astral Combat) has some clarification on how dual-natured characters attacking astral targets work. http://www.shadowrun4.com/game-resources/f...sked-questions/
Buddha72
Damage Soak (3rd attempt to punch a hole in the ward)
28d6.hits(5)=9

Crap forgot AP reduction so knocking off the last 3 dice brings total hits down to 8.

Base damage is 13 minus the 8 soaked leaving 5 to get through plus the 12 from before brings it to 17 so enough to create a 1 meter hole in the ward.

Initiative Order
Adeodatus 23/2 IP
Strangeglove 17/4 IP
Ninja Sex Kitten 17/3 IP
Shen 17/2 IP
Jon 16/4 IP
Fat Man 16/3 IP <<<
Emilio 14/3 IP
Zero 14/3 IP (action burned to abort to Full Defense)
Fleet 12/3 IP
Cypher 11/3 IP
Q 11/3 IP
Eklipse 10/2 IP

Fat Man is up!
UmaroVI
Fat Man drops the Increase Charisma now that the ward is down, lets Eklipse have his sword back, moves, and casts Heal at Force 12 on the injured kid.

Spellcasting 6 + Magic 6 + Focus 4 = 16d6, http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3831512/, so it will heal up to 6 physical damage (it cannot heal Stun, so the kid is still KOd).
Drain resist is Willpower 6 + Intuition 7 + Centering 4, 17d6 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3831514/ 7 hits, probably no drain (it's the DV on the target before healing - 4, so unless the kid had 12 or more Physical, Fat Man is fine).

Also, the time to make it permanent is 2 x the drain - can I know how much P the kid had so I know how long it needs to sustain for?
JxJxA
Ah, ok, the damage is cumulative. I thought you needed one hit to get 14+ after soak, which is why I was kind of like OMGWTFBBQ???
Emilio
He had 6 boxes of physical, which is why I was looking toward a tag-team of First Aid + Magic.
Buddha72
UmaroVI he has a point of essence loss so dropping the last die you have 5 successes to heal him. His damage is 6 boxes in his Physical Track.

Initiative Order
Adeodatus 23/2 IP
Strangeglove 17/4 IP
Ninja Sex Kitten 17/3 IP
Shen 17/2 IP
Jon 16/4 IP
Fat Man 16/3 IP
Emilio 14/3 IP <<<
Fleet 12/3 IP
Cypher 11/3 IP
Q 11/3 IP
Eklipse 10/2 IP

Emilio is up!
Emilio
Actions in IC.

Simple: pick up med kit
Simple: readying the Alpha

Walking out of the room.

Fat Man: care to edge that roll? Emilio will be impressed if you do and Julio ends up w/ no damage. Emilio will be grumpy and probably razz you a little if Julio has scratches. smile.gif
UmaroVI
Fat Man is fresh out of edge, actually.
Buddha72
Emilio I believe that no one is aware of the additional 50k reward at this point. Fat Man is two words not one - just edit your post and all will be well.

Initiative Order
Adeodatus 23/2 IP
Strangeglove 17/4 IP
Ninja Sex Kitten 17/3 IP
Shen 17/2 IP
Jon 16/4 IP
Fat Man 16/3 IP
Emilio 14/3 IP
Fleet 12/3 IP <<<
Cypher 11/3 IP
Q 11/3 IP
Eklipse 10/2 IP

Fleet is up!
UmaroVI
Okay, so 4 turns for the Heal to "stick." I think it's worth it, since we can book it while the 4 turns pass, and 1P isn't very serious.

EDIT: 8 turns, not 4.
Emilio
Doh, I forgot the -2 to the drain. But my GM told me it takes two turns per drain for magical healing to stick. ??

EDIT: turns, not passes
UmaroVI
Whoops, Heal is DV - 2. I was thinking Detox. It is 8 turns, not 4.
copperheed
My IP is coming up but I'm going to be afk until Thurs the 27th. If we really need to move the posts along, Q will ready action of delay. Hope you all enjoy some excellent festivities.
Fenris
Simple - Issue Command to the nexus to turn off it's wireless connection.

Simple - Issue Command to all my drones in signal rating - Come to these coordinates by best, safe speed and route.
BishopMcQ
Simple to open the door
Simple to Sprint

Strength 3 + Athletics 3
6d6.hits(5)=3

I'm not sure if the car will begin moving between Fleet and Cypher, if so let me know what I need to soak for jumping out of a moving car.
Buddha72
Merry Christmas!! I will be bumping the thread tomorrow - I hope everyone had a great holiday!
Buddha72
Happy Wednesday all!

I updated the karma total on the 1st post and added 6 more points as a Christmas gift from me to you all. Had a great holiday here and now enjoying the time off with friends and family. As always let me know if you have any questions and let's get the thread moving along again.

BishopMcQ go ahead and roll me a Gymnastics Test please to roll out of the car as it accelerates please.

Initiative Order
Adeodatus 23/2 IP
Strangeglove 17/4 IP
Ninja Sex Kitten 17/3 IP
Shen 17/2 IP
Jon 16/4 IP
Fat Man 16/3 IP
Emilio 14/3 IP
Zero 14/3 IP
Fleet 12/3 IP
Cypher 11/3 IP
Q 11/3 IP <<<
Eklipse 10/2 IP

Q is up!
BishopMcQ
Athletics 3 + Agility 4
7d6.hits(5)=2
copperheed
Hope everyone enjoyed the festivities! And more to come!
Well for those of us on this Gregorian calendar. But even if you aren't I hope you have a fantastic time.

I've a quick question for you Budda: is there a way to tell if Q's action was successful? I don't want to know Cypher's hidden personality quirks, I just want to know what, if any, effect Q's actions had on the world around him and specifically Cypher's behavior. Is there any hint of recognition of Q or the rest of the team and is he at least here on this run instead of some past trauma?
If this requires rolls please tell me what I need to get a bead on Cypher. I figure Judge Intentions. And since I can see him in the astral can I read him and give myself an Aid Another while doing Judge Intentions? If not then grrr.... stupid astral overwatch...

@All: What is the Shadowrun name for helping a partner out with a task? I've lost what it's called and where to find it; I keep using Aid Another since it is a strait forward replacement.
UmaroVI
QUOTE (copperheed @ Dec 27 2012, 04:49 AM) *
@All: What is the Shadowrun name for helping a partner out with a task? I've lost what it's called and where to find it; I keep using Aid Another since it is a strait forward replacement.

Teamwork.
BishopMcQ
Copperheed--Assensing will give his general emotions as another option.
BishopMcQ
Copperheed--Assensing will give his general emotions as another option.
Buddha72
Copperheed so I am trying to find out what sort of action is needed to Assense (Simple. Complex, etc) so for now I would say you could roll Judge Intentions or you could Assense him as he exits the vehicle. Your pick.

EDIT: talked to a fellow GM and Simple Action for Assensing.
UmaroVI
Buddha: FWIW, my understanding is that the rules for Assensing are the same as the rules for Perception except where noted otherwise, so it should be a Simple action for Astral Observe in Detail. The closest rules I could find are on SR4A 191 bottom of the first/start of the second column,

Like physical perception, a character using astral perception should not need to make a test to see things that are immediately obvious (and since astral forms are bright and vibrant, this means that most astral forms are easily noticed). An actual test should only be called for when an astral being is specifically trying to hide, or when a character is trying to astrally observe in detail; in both these situations, an Assensing Test is made.

Buddha72
Agreed - I edited my post before with the correction.

Copperheed what would you like to do?
copperheed
Thanks for the rules clarifications.
Budda, Fleet told the Nexus to drop it's wireless which takes out our tacnet correct? I wrote my post as if it did, so please tell me if I'm incorrect so I can change it.
Simple Action: Judge Intentions Cypher: Charisma(6)+Intuition(5)+Tailored Pheromones(3)+Veromonasal Organ(2)+Empathy Software(2)+Assenssing Haze(-2)+Distraction(-2) = 15d6.hits(5) = (4)
Simple Action: Observe Astral in Detail for unknown or sneaking astral signs: Intuition(5)+Assensing(2)+Observe in Detail(3)+Astral Concealment:Car(-2) = 8d6.hits(5) = (1)
Specialty:Metahumans(2) = 2d6.hits(5) = (1)

And Budda can I see past the ward around the compound they had to and will have to pass through? Is it clear, hazy, or as obfuscating as a building? I'd like to know if I can see the people on my team and if the ward presents a giant hemisphere to hide behind. I know the one they blew a hole in around the room that had Shin and Magada (who are now in SG's hands and outside it) is opaque with a hole.

@All: And how does sneaking work in astral? Intuition+Infiltration? And if anyone has suggestings for how I could have used my actions better feel free to give suggestions. I've a decent idea how not to be a noob, but being an expert runner of 150Karma takes a knowledge of the rules I don't possess right now.

And RP is coming. thought I'd get the rolls out of the way and have Budda correct me before I finish RP.
copperheed
And SG, I don't think we know about the Giesha Sprite. Bishop said that Cypher had only mentioned it to our contact (Widget?) whos name I don't remember.
Emilio
QUOTE (copperheed @ Dec 27 2012, 06:28 PM) *
And SG, I don't think we know about the Giesha Sprite. Bishop said that Cypher had only mentioned it to our contact (Widget?) whos name I don't remember.
i think we were just told about the Sprite.
BishopMcQ
Copperheed--Cypher appears focused on approaching the building.
Buddha72
Copperheed the tacnet is indeed down - I will edit the post to reflect that fact. The large alarm ward outside the warehouse does not impede vision since by design it is meant to be overlooked and unnoticed. You can hide in the astral but there are different modifiers for it in Street Magic for astral visibility. You would use Agility + Infiltration since you are currently dual natured. There is a hole in the ward in the doorway that will seal up at the beginning of e next combat pass with all the damage repaired.

All I updated the first post with more clear guidelines about improving characters so take a look.
copperheed
QUOTE (Emilio @ Dec 27 2012, 07:40 PM) *
i think we were just told about the Sprite.

Cypher said "Fairy Godmother" but both Q and I don't know that as slang for a Sprite. Heck, I don't know know how much of Technomancers Q is supposed to know beyond "Wizards of the Web" that can access without a commlink. I imagine that's a knowledge test to know what a Sprite is and how it relates to Technomancers. Bishop made sure to ask Widget even though he's probably well versed in them.
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Dec 27 2012, 07:42 PM) *
Copperheed--Cypher appears focused on approaching the building.

Thanks for the heads up. Is this in response to Q Judging Intention Cypher? I ask because your flavor text in RP suggests that Cypher's much more aware of his surroundings, even if he's being a miser of information. I was looking to learn if Cypher recognizes his teammates and or where he is. And say if he's still possessed by his inner demons. If you wish too, I believe Cypher gets an opposed roll. Seems like you might like one since Cypher holds his cards close to his chest.

Budda: Thanks for the heads up, I'll take a gander at them. And any thoughts on checking out Cypher or the surrounding Astral?

Edit: I did and I had one tiny question. "no skill can be raised more than one point per week." means 1 dot per in-game week, correct?
Buddha72
Copperheed I will posting IC later tonight or tomorrow morning. Wednesday and Thursday are my table top game nights (if you can marry a gamer) so I probably won't have time until then. As to the time question - I was referring to actual time passing so on each Monday it resets. I will update on the post to reflect the clarification.
copperheed
Hope you're having an excellent time Budda. And no worries, I'm almost always afk on the weekends. This one will be no different.
JxJxA
Tentacles?!? My stun spell is a calm, glowing, golden light accompanied by the sensation of a hand on high gently comforting you as it chokes you the fuck out. biggrin.gif
Buddha72
All correction on the ward repairing itself - it will happen at the start of the next Combat Turn not the next Initiative Pass. Sorry for the confusion.

Initiative Order
Adeodatus 23/2 IP
Strangeglove 17/4 IP
Ninja Sex Kitten 17/3 IP
Shen 17/2 IP
Jon 16/4 IP
Fat Man 16/3 IP
Emilio 14/3 IP
Zero 14/3 IP
Fleet 12/3 IP
Cypher 11/3 IP
Q 11/3 IP
Eklipse 10/2 IP <<<

Eklipse is up!
Notsoevildm
Eklipse
- straps on katana (simple)
- moves next to Fat Man (move)
- bosses people around (free)
- leadership test on Cypher (morale, simple): Cha 3 + Leadership 1: 4d6.hits(5)=1 - not enough to make a difference, but makes Eklipse feel better!
Buddha72
I hope everyone is having a fun and safe New Years! I updated the first post with the karma total for the game as usual.

Initiative Order
Adeodatus 23/1 IP <<<
Strangeglove 17/3 IP
Ninja Sex Kitten 17/2 IP
Shen 17/1 IP
Jon 16/3 IP
Fat Man 16/2 IP
Emilio 14/2 IP
Zero 14/2 IP
Fleet 12/2 IP
Cypher 11/2 IP
Q 11/2 IP
Eklipse 10/1 IP

Adeodatus is up!
JxJxA
Adeodatus will delay. smile.gif
Strangeglove
Tacnet is down, there are no hostile targets (persnickety autocab excepted), and Fleet's cars haven't arrived, correct?

Strangeglove glares intimidatingly at the autocab, and delays.
Fenris
OOC, vehicles and drones will be arriving this pass on my action.
Buddha72
Initiative Order
Adeodatus 23/1 IP Delaying
Strangeglove 17/3 IP Delaying
Ninja Sex Kitten 17/2 IP
Shen 17/1 IP <<<
Jon 16/3 IP
Fat Man 16/2 IP
Emilio 14/2 IP
Zero 14/2 IP
Fleet 12/2 IP
Cypher 11/2 IP
Q 11/2 IP
Eklipse 10/1 IP

Shen is up!
UmaroVI
The shen is joining in the delay and stare at the cab.
Buddha72
Initiative Order
Ninja Sex Kitten 17/2 IP
Shen 17/1 IP Delaying
Jon 16/3 IP <<<
Fat Man 16/2 IP
Emilio 14/2 IP
Zero 14/2 IP
Fleet 12/2 IP
Cypher 11/2 IP
Q 11/2 IP
Eklipse 10/1 IP

Jon is up!
Lain
Jon is delaying his action and doing a sweep of the environment (not sure if that counts as a delay)
Buddha72
Lain what do you mean by a sweep of the environment? Like a Perception Test? That would be a Simple Action to Perceive in Detail so you would need to either do that now or wait till your take your action if delaying. Let me know.

Initiative Order
Ninja Sex Kitten 17/2 IP
Shen 17/1 IP Delaying
Jon 16/3 IP Delaying
Fat Man 16/2 IP <<<
Emilio 14/2 IP
Zero 14/2 IP
Fleet 12/2 IP
Cypher 11/2 IP
Q 11/2 IP
Eklipse 10/1 IP

Fat Man is up!
Lain
Jon will perceive in Detail (will write an IC post here shortly)
Regular perception: 7d6.hits(5) → [6,6,1,2,5,3,5] = (4)
Smell: 9d6.hits(5) → [2,6,3,6,3,1,2,6,3] = (3)
Hearing: 9d6.hits(5) → [2,3,6,6,2,6,3,5,6] = (5)

Looking for incoming threats, and general awareness of surroundings
UmaroVI
Fat Man
  • Move: moves to follow Fleet (due to initiative, Fleet hasn't moved yet, but when he does Fat Man will go the same direction)
  • Free: renew Counterspelling on everyone, and include the two kids in it as well.
  • Simple: Astral Observe in Detail (looking around for anything dangerous), Assensing (4)+Intuition(7[including Psyche])-Sustaining(1[Psyche])=10d6, http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3850341/ 2 hits
  • Simple: Drawing and activating Telescoping Staff
Emilio
Emilio delays until the cars go on Fleet's action
Buddha72
Initiative Order
Ninja Sex Kitten 17/2 IP
Shen 17/1 IP Delaying
Jon 16/3 IP Delaying
Fat Man 16/2 IP
Emilio 14/2 IP Delaying
Zero 14/2 IP <<<
Fleet 12/2 IP
Cypher 11/2 IP
Q 11/2 IP
Eklipse 10/1 IP

Zero is up!
JxJxA
Is there a way to get out of where we are without passing through a ward?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012