Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Daughter of Deep Silence
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
copperheed
And I just read the RP posts. Q's been astrally perceiving, did Q miss Goth-mage chicka and her street-crete golems showing up? If I failed spot earth elementals, which I presume are durable but less agile, then I'm lying my ass off.
BishopMcQ
I'm running the Trace as ordered...if someone else wants to track the cab instead, I will gladly crash the car with my non-existent piloting skills.

Edit: Updated sheet sent as requested.
JxJxA
Hey, looks like we have an easy out! Let's just say, "Okay, we're going!" to the nice floating lady. She doesn't seem to care that we have the kids in custody. biggrin.gif
Strangeglove
Buddha: I'm received the message from the main commlink that I just switched to wired-only, correct?

Rules clarifications from anyone who knows:
1. While Strangeglove uses the "his arm gets hacked" flavortext for his Bad Luck, it's not actually possible to hack a cyberimplant, is it?
2. Is it possible to hack a gun's smartlink independently of taking control of the commlink associated with the smartlink? So worst case scenario, do I have to turn off my gun's smartlink too, or just my commlink?
3. Are there any other steps he should take to protect himself and the party from someone who has compromised all his networked appliances?

Zero: I concur, leaving sounds like a fine plan, hopefully she'll be cool if we wave goodbye.

Fleet: I suspect the vehicles are compromised, and when we try to follow the autocab they'll drive into walls. Any manual overrides?
BishopMcQ
Hacking a cyber limb is very possible if the wireless is turned on. (Remember it happened before when Sam put the mind whammy on Togashi and you peppered us with grenades...) IIRC, you have the mysterious cyberware flaw or such right?

Best security is turning it off--completely unhackable if you take out the battery. Barring that, better firewall, IC, and data bomb every file you can.

Buddha72
Copperheed You would see her but at the time you made your active Perception test she was too far distant for you to see with the successes you had - now she is here and is taking no pains to remain unseen. The Walking rate in astral is 100 meters per Combat turn and the Running rate is 5 kilometers per Combat Turn.

Strangeglove Correct - the message scrolled by on your wired-only commlink.
Strangeglove
I assume cyberware gets its commands from the user's nervous system or musculature, rather than requiring a commlink or other such connection?
If so, Strangeglove's arm is not connected to any external device, and does not have a network connection, and thus should not be hackable.

I assume the Sprite owns SG's commlink, smartlink, and any other networked objects on his person.

The disadvantage I took was actually Bad Luck, the "arm gets hacked" is just flavor text. Had I known about it, I might've taken Mysterious Cyberware instead.
BishopMcQ
SG--All cyberware (all gear really) by default is wireless. You have to specifically purchase it non-wireless. Cyberlimbs use the wireless connection to run diagnostics, notify the user of damage and routine maintenance needs, etc. (SR4A, p 313)

I don't remember your char sheet, so i was just guessing about flaws to explain what's happened.
Buddha72
Strangeglove the mage is only present on the astral so you can't see her. At this point Ninja Sex Kitten is Delaying and her action will resolve before you can take yours so you may need to edit your post a little or rather its pretty likely. I will be posting its actions tomorrow morning - time is thin on the ground tonight sorry.
Fenris
SG - All those earlier posts where I blathered about cyberware being slaved to my commlink, and only subscribed when I ran a specific script? This is pretty much the scenario I wanted to avoid, personally biggrin.gif

You turned your stuff off last pass...it was all up and dangling before that.

Bishop - Just in case you were expecting a van, they're not. We're looking at three sports cars and a fairly inconspicuous commuter vehicle biggrin.gif
Strangeglove
Buddha: Edited to remove references to astral mages.

Bishop & Fenris: Yeah, Strangeglove's solution to this problem is to turn off the wireless capability, then put a plastic plug in the data jack, then glue the plug on. My goal was just to make that clear before Buddha says "Ninja Sex Kitten uses your arm to beat Cypher to death." She can kill people with his guns, but the arm is his. Last time this happened he got 15 years in a Somali prison, he'll be damned if it happens again.
copperheed
Got it about the sudden appearance on the astral. That makes sneak attacks really easy. Of course you have to know where your target is otherwise you could miss easily.

I'd like to use Q's delay now. I've a list of actions I wish to do and I think only a few of them can be done this turn.
Free/Simple: Immediate jump into into AR/VR. I think I can do this as a free action since it takes a mental thought and the commlink switches me from AR to VR.
Free action: tell group I'm going to take care of "Fairy Godmother"
Unknown: Find SG's commlink and jump into it. I've been talking to SG's commlink so I think I know where it is. What kind of action does it take to get there? And if I can't find him this way can I try an Analyze or something to find my previous connection over the tacnet? And how long would that take?
Unknown: Find the Geisha Spirit(Sprite) so that I can talk to her. I don't know how SG's got his commlink VR setup or how to find her, but Q's got mild skill and so should know how to find her. Does this take any time?
Simple: Etiquette to compliment Geisha Spirit(Sprite) and have her hear me out. I think this needs to be done before negotiations since it says
It allows the character to fit in, put suspicious or agitated people at ease, and defuse tense social situations. SR4A 125
This sounds like it's required to make the belligerent, Hostile or full on Enemies hear you out. Please tell me which she is so I can add the penalty. If I can just roll Negotiation, I will.

I'd like to make a case for using Kinesics and Empathy Software in the VR enviroment.
Kinesics is the perfect attunement of my body's muscles to my mental state which enhances my ability to emit and or withhold the non-verbal and subconscious social ques that people normally give off. And based on the books explanation ((SR4A 196)), it would give me bonus since it's even easier to manipulate this body than my physical one. And even if the VR connects to my subconscious and would have the normal ticks, I'm trained to control those at will.
Empathy Software is about a computer analyzing peoples reactions and telling me their most likely emotions. Since I can carry other programs with me into cyberspace, I should be able to take this one as well. I understand it wouldn't work with person looking like a tiger or a tree, but she's programed/imagined to be a person and she acts like one. Hell she's programmed to be read by a teenage boy and I should get a bonus from her blatant tells and her abysmal Judge Intentions.

And are their any other modifiers to the social roll beyond her hostility?

Hope you don't mind my arguing my case or the attempt for more dice since this may be considered suicide, but calming down situations is what I'm supposed to be good at.
I haven't posted RP so as not to have a lot of editing.
copperheed
@SG: could you please describe the landscape of SG's commlink. If he hasn't done anything with it what's the theme of the barren landscape? Please post here and when Q gets to it I'll use the flavor text in the post.
BishopMcQ
copperheed--Unless you have an account on the commlink, you'll need a Hacking + Exploit (Firewall, 1 Complex Action) Test to get into his wireless commlink. Some public nodes have the ability to log in as a Guest, most commlinks do not.

It's a free action to ping all of the comms in Active or Passive mode. If the comm is Hidden, then it's more complicated.

If you use the Log In information Cypher gave you, and it hasn't been changed, then it's a Simple Action to Log In to that node. The Geisha might still be paying attention to it. Otherwise, I think you'll have to actually get a wired connection since the arm and others that were wireless are now all shutdown. Which means that as long as the Geisha is in there, you can't talk to it without SG turning wireless functionality back on.

SG--There's actually a piece of gear just for that--Jackstopper. It was mainly used as a punishment, but self-exile works too.
Fenris
SG - I can totally understand that response. I think the only problem here is the actual pass in which you chose to shut down the wireless connections frown.gif
UmaroVI
Also, if a sprite already has hacked an account on something, it can travel through the resonance to it and log in, even if the device is completely cut off from the matrix.

In future yes, the answer is that if it does not actually need a connection, rip the connection out.
Buddha72
I have not forgotten you all - I am just sorting some things out with character sheets & players before moving forward on the posting. I hope to have it all sorted out soon since I have been loving the way the thread has been bumping along lately.

Copperheed I'm going to do a little more talking and reading but at this point the Kinesics would give you no bonus in VR since as you pointed out, the interrelationship of emotions, body language and physical cues is completely controllable. In fact, many avatars in VR have no relation to their user (a man appears as a collections of lights and interlocked code as his avatar while another is a gleaming metallic shark). The same challenge would be present for the Empathy software - it is coded for reading those involuntary cues that human bodies give, while in VR they would be masked with a possibly completely dissimilar avatar from the user. A user could be screaming in his head with rage but his avatar is coded to always speak in an even whisper as a floating 1970's radio. I might allow it on a case by case basis if the avatars in question were largely matrix copies of their users and they were coded to be hyper-realistic in VR.

Ok I read real quick, consulted with a fellow GM and they cover it on page 23 of Street Magic - "Regardless of magical tradition or training, no magical abilities work directly on augmented reality (AR) or virtual reality (VR) objects."
JxJxA
Cool deal. Really quick Q: I don't think I'm actively astrally perceiving, so would I have heard EGL Mage?
Buddha72
JxJxA correct I thought you had gone astral but I think I got confused with your spirit - will edit the post.

Copperheed you were taking your delayed action now so what would you like to do? You can't get into Strangeglove's commlink since the wireless is off so talking to the Sprite there is not an option - you could try broadcasting a message to it and hope it listens and use social skill there. Your call.
copperheed
Gotcha Budda. Hope you're not upset if I try to squeeze some more dice to this encounter. I'd like to not die heroically my first run out. And I've no beef with your ruling. I'll go with a slightly modified version than.

Free: Immediate jump into into VR.
Free: tell group I'm going to take care of "Fairy Godmother"
Free: Try to find SG's commlink and get a no.
Simple: Pull up the info from Cypher for the auto-cab and log-in to that node.
Free: Broadcast a message within a Signal range of 1
Free: Use Reality Filter to spruce the place up since that's the coolest part of Shadowrun's internet.

Should any of this have rolls attached to these actions? It looks like no except for maybe Reality Filter if I can't just have it for style instead of crunch and maybe an Ettiquette roll on the broadcast to get her to parley.

@All: Turns out my giant social dice pool is half useless half the time. Can anyone suggest a way for me to have more social dice in the Matrix? It seems the only way is to raise Cha ((I intend to get Improve Cha spell asap and I'm annoyed there's no tech increase for it.)) I could grab some more Adept powers, but that requires a heavy investment into Magic and Initiation and will take time to gather. Or pick up a quality, which is very difficult now that play has started. Any suggestions?
UmaroVI
Coppherheed: Remember that you only get one "free" free action per IP - after that, you are forced to start spending Simple actions. Technically Talking is a free action but very few people actually play with that and I think we've been ignoring it, but I think some of those are real free actions.

Simply raising your charisma (and Increase Charisma does work, since it's on you, not VR/AR) is the simplest way, yeah. The other things that help:

*Improved Ability for social skills, but that's very expensive since there's so many.
*Chatty and First Impression both work, but as you mentioned it's hard to pick up qualities.
*Street Cred does help, quite a lot, and works well with high Charisma since the cap is your Charisma. It does require that people know who you are, so you have to be willing to say "Do you know who I am?" to people a lot, and you have to be careful about notoriety. However, Street Cred goes up with karma so if you are a sufficiently veteran shadowrunner you can get a solid social pool from just a high Charisma and Street Cred.
*Genetic Optimization (Charisma) raises your natural and augmented Charisma cap. You might in theory want it depending.

On the other hand, keep in mind that nobody can get as many bonus dice to social skills in the matrix, so while you have less dice, other dedicated faces will be in exactly the same boat.
Buddha72
Copperheed you are over in Free Actions - and in my games I haven't charged for speaking so that's still possible and Log On is a Complex Action for accessing the autocab. You could Log On and then send the message. You would need to spend a Free Action to switch to VR so that would cover all your actions for that pass. UmaroVI covered the ways to increase your social dice in the matrix and did make the point I would have - which is everyone is in the same boat. It is an arena where it comes down to skill and attribute of the character. I would also reality test the "half useless half the time" statement unless your intent was to restrict your character to the matrix half the time for social things. In this thread at least almost all the social interaction has been face to face and while there are definitely threads where the matrix is the prime locale, this is not one of them. smile.gif As to the message you can roll a Social Test for that to attempt to influence the Sprite.

Let me know what you want to do.

Buddha72
Copperheed go ahead and edit your post when you get a chance. the delayed actions of the Sprite will roll out and we will go from there.

Lain I am going ahead with your stated action of getting into a car on your action - I just need you to post the rest of your actions since movement is free.

Autocab Driver: Pilot (Guard)
*Kids
*Emilio
*Fat Man

SH #1 Driver: ? (Troll Modded/Guard)
*Q
*Zero

SH #2 Driver: ? (Troll Modded/Warded/Guard)
*SG
*Cypher

SH #3 Driver: ? (Guard)
*Eklipse
*Jon

Jack Rabbit Driver: ? (Guard)

Initiative Order
Strangeglove 17/2 IP
Ninja Sex Kitten 17/1 IP
Gothic Mage 16/1 IP Delaying
Jon 16/2 IP <<<
Fat Man 16/1 IP
Emilio 14/1 IP
Zero 14/1 IP
Fleet 12/1 IP
Cypher 11/1 IP
Q 11/2 IP
Eklipse 10/1 IP Delaying

Jon is up!

Ok so Ninja Sex Kitten is going to Full Auto (Complex Action) at SH #1. The Agent with her will redline the the cyberarm to 14 Agility with a Command (Simple Action) and will then issue a Command (Simple Action) to set the remaining grenades in the clip to detonate.

Full Auto (-1 dice for Defaulting, -2 for recoil doubled for heavy weapon, HE grenades)
9d6.hits(5)=4

Scatter
2d6.hits(5)=2
It will scatter 3 meters away.

Base Damage is 33P wiit -2 AP but passengers will get the 20 armor from the vehicle

Detonation inside SH #2 (Flash Bang grenades)
Base Damage is 33S with -3 AP

Strangeglove you will need to soak 7S with Body only from the the cyberarm being redlined after the grenades.

All so I know this looks gnarly and I appreciate that but I decided to let things roll out in a natural and objective fashion. I have the urge to mitigate but I feel like that cheapens the game, particularly SR. This is genre is rife with runs and storied of run that go completely off the rails and sometimes leading to half or more of the characters dead or critically wounded. The premise of people living in the cracks means that the majority of the folks doing so are usually unbalanced. I will also remind people of the Hand of God mechanic where you can burn a point of permanent Edge to avoid death.
BishopMcQ
Alright, so, even with Hits on every die of my Soak test, Cypher will not be able to survive. (7 Soak...yeah boss)

I'm going to try something new...Dead Man's Trigger.
9d6.hits(5)=4

Free Action--Message
Simple Action--Send Command

JxJxA
Sorry to see Cypher bite the bullet. frown.gif

I just want to make sure that I'm rolling against the right damage. Is that 33P -2 AP on SH #1. Do I also get to add the armor I'm wearing?
Buddha72
JxJxA yes you do.
JxJxA
Cripes, I always forget, is it ballistics or impact?
Buddha72
Impact I believe.
JxJxA
Okay:

Resist 33P with Impact Armor:
Car(20) + Imp Arm(4) + Body(3) - AP(2) = 25d6 for 10 hits. I'll use my last point of edge to reroll misses for 5 more hits. I'll permanently burn a point of Edge for Hand of God. Given my character's faith, I think divine intervention is appropriate. smile.gif
BishopMcQ
Team--From my perspective, go with the Hand of God as needed on these rolls. Cypher went out with the Dead Man's Trigger because he had a dead-drop setup, and odds are good that at least a couple of characters would lay this all at his feet for not warning them about the psycho-sprite. That leads to waking up, chained to a table, and the torture--a scene which we've already played out with Cypher.

Does the team still want me to fill the Hacker/InfoSpec role or is there a different niche you'd like me to do?
Fenris
Body(10) + Armor(20) (30d6.hits(5)=9)
Forgot to pull off the last two for armor penetration, so it's actually only 8 successes.

Edge! Armor(20) + Body(10) + Previous Hits(-cool.gif + Armor Penetration(-2) (20d6.hits(5)=6)

Okay, so, car blows up biggrin.gif Sorry to those inside.

I'm down for you filling the same roll, McQuillan.
JxJxA
@ Bishop: I'd say stick with hacker/infospec if only because I have no idea how those rules work, and you probably have the best grip on them out of all of us here smile.gif
Strangeglove
It may be too late, but I should point out that (a) Strangeglove's rifle is in his hand, and the grenade launcher is still in the unzipped camo bag slung over his shoulder; he hasn't had a spare simple action to pull out and ready the grenade launcher. And (b) 50 meters is the closest range for MRSI, although I don't know if that was used.

Presumably if Strangeglove has to spend a simple action pulling out the grenade launcher, the Geisha does too.

Might help the folks in the other vehicle, although worsen SG's fate, because it leaves more grenades left over to be detonated in place.
Buddha72
Strangeglove hopefully you are still there - what is loaded in your current gun and whats the load out in the grenade launcher? I'm fine with changing things around and I would love some more information.

EDIT: I'll go forward with my best guess after waiting a few hours and then that will be the hard version of reality going forward.
BishopMcQ
QUOTE (Lain @ Jan 13 2013, 07:25 PM) *
Jon leaps In one side of the Jackrabbit, and as the explosions rock the other cars, out of the otherside of the Jackrabbit a Jaguar bolts into the night....

Were you naked? If so, that's really the type of thing that should be made abundantly clear IC. Otherwise, I think you are about to either destroy all of your worn gear or be a Jaguar tangled up in armored pants.
Fenris
Seconded! I absolutely want to know if someone's running around naked!
Lain
Haha destroyed warn gear.. wasnt wearing armor anyway so assume weapons got dropped and clothing shredded..
Buddha72
Ok all the time has gotten away from me here tonight so I will be posting tomorrow morning or early afternoon. At this point I will be editing the actions slightly to reflect that last information that I was given. Thanks for the patience all and me muddling through this, I will try to avoid this in the future.
JxJxA
QUOTE (Buddha72 @ Jan 14 2013, 03:26 PM) *
Ok all the time has gotten away from me here tonight so I will be posting tomorrow morning or early afternoon. At this point I will be editing the actions slightly to reflect that last information that I was given. Thanks for the patience all and me muddling through this, I will try to avoid this in the future.

We all know you were just a little eager in the pursuit of TPK... nyahnyah.gif
Notsoevildm
Holy crap! Everything went BOOM!

Eklipse will take his delayed action to get in the car and drive up next to the cab to pick up Emilio and Fat Man.

Perception test to see if anyone (Zero) is still alive:
Int 4 + Per 3 + enh. Per 2 + Visual enh 3 = 12d6.hits(5)=6 - might need to knock off a couple for distracted (driving car).

Driving test:
Reaction 5 + Ground vehicles 2 = 5d6.hits(5)=3
copperheed
Thanks for the rules heads up Umaro and Budda. And I'm not annoyed with you or your game Budda, I've been enjoying it. I'm annoyed with the game's crunch being somewhat mysterious. I'll edit myself in the future.

And wow was SG right. One IP you're safe in your apartment and the next you're on the moon with Steve. To start with I guess I'll resolve the excessive amount of actions I tried to take. I'll go with what you said Budda, turning it into this:
Free: Immediate jump into into VR.
Nil: tell group I'm going to take care of "Fairy Godmother"
Complex: Pull up the info from Cypher for the auto-cab and log-in to that node.
Nil: Broadcast a message within a Signal range of 1 Etiquette: Charisma(6)+Etiquette(4)= 10d6.hits(5) = (3)

My intent with the message was to get Sprite to speak to me before trying to kill us all. But it looks like that's not really an option now.

And now for having HE grenades go off right in the car's face.
Resist 33P ((Good God is that really SG's dmg?!)) with Impact Armor: Car(20)+Imp Arm(19)+Body(7)+AP(-2)= 44d6.hits(5) = (15)
I'll follow Zero's lead and use an Edge to re-roll failures: 29d6.hits(5) = (13)
This make 28 total hits for 5P dmg. Is this correct?

QUOTE (Fenris @ Jan 13 2013, 06:01 PM) *
Okay, so, car blows up biggrin.gif Sorry to those inside.
How does this affect Zero and Q? Does Zero's Divine Intervention affect this catastrophe as well?

And if Q's still alive after all this how does it affect him in the Matrix? Can he feel his meat body?

@Bishop: I'm cool if you stick with hacker role. Maybe go Technomancer since they seem quite potent nyahnyah.gif
What was in the dead drop packet?
UmaroVI
I am traveling and might be unable to post until Saturday.
BishopMcQ
copperheed--With the car blowing up, I think the biggest risks are:
--anyone who doesn't start moving may catch on fire (environmental)
--the car isn't going anywhere (need to switch cars for the exodus)

Wound modifiers from your Meat Body will effect your Matrix actions. Perception tests for the real world take a penalty while you are in VR. Damage is more noticeable than the team drawing on you with magic markers and putting your hand in your pants.
BishopMcQ
Oh, and the Data Packet is the collection of data that Cypher managed to get out of the Shipping Container Drug Lab and the Medical Clinic. It includes evidence of the nanoweapon/virus that was in the Oyabun Yamamoto, Dr. Takayasu's search for a cure masquerade while she kept injecting him with more of the nanites. There's also information about Heidi coming in for an off-the-books blood filtration (which I suspect was a delivery of the nanites) and Emilio being grabbed for some kind of genetic experimentation (though that could be part of the masquerade). Takayasu needed a Type-O donor to replace Yamamoto's failing organs.

The nanite caused systemic cellular decay and eventual failure of the nervous system and several other organs--in short a death sentence, if you are willing to wait around. It is a patient assassin's weapon. Following the oyabun's death, Takayasu was one of the leading names in replacing him...Coincidence?
Strangeglove
Sorry about the delay, I posted then went to watch a movie. I'll try to check back regularly today.

The gun in hand is the HK Urban loaded with gel.
The gun in the bag is the grenade launcher. One mag has 12 stun grenades, the other mag has 2 barrier grenades (loaded first) then 10 high explosive.

More than enough to reduce Cypher and SG to a fine mist.
BishopMcQ
SG--You can always Hand of God, the team likely won't blame you for getting hacked. They blame the hacker for that stuff...
JxJxA
@ copperheed: All you have to do is permanently burn a point of edge, and you'll survive. I don't think my purchase covers you. frown.gif
Buddha72
Happy Monday All!

I updated the karma total and I am still looking for updated character sheets from players - I listed who I have received current copies from in the 1st post. JxJxA & Eklipse I know you have links to your characters in your posts - are those the most current versions? I have edited the posts I need to, to reflect the current version of events. Feel free to edit yours as well if needed.

Autocab Driver: Pilot (Guard)
*Kids
*Emilio
*Fat Man

SH #1 Driver: ? (Troll Modded/Guard)
*Q
*Zero

SH #2 Driver: ? (Troll Modded/Warded/Guard)
*SG
*Cypher

SH #3 Driver: Eklispe (Guard)
*Eklipse

Jack Rabbit Driver: ? (Guard)

Initiative Order
Strangeglove 17/2 IP
Ninja Sex Kitten 17/1 IP
Gothic Mage 16/1 IP Delaying
Jon 16/2 IP
Fat Man 16/1 IP <<<
Emilio 14/1 IP
Zero 14/1 IP
Fleet 12/1 IP
Cypher 11/1 IP
Q 11/2 IP
Eklipse 10/1 IP Delaying

Fat Man is up!

Ok so Ninja Sex Kitten is going to drop the gun (Free Action) then grab the duffel (Simple Action), and then toss the bag outside the car (Simple Action). The Agent with her will redline the the cyberarm to 14 Agility with a Command (Simple Action) and will then issue a Command (Simple Action) to set the grenades in the clip to detonate.

Throw (-1 Defaulting, -3 for Improvised Weapon)
10d6.hits(5)=4

People Inside Cars
Base Damage 33P wiit -2 AP but you will get the 20 armor from the vehicle
Base Damage 39S with -3 AP but you will get the 20 armor from the vehicle

People Outside Cars (which I think that the point it went off would be Eklipse, Jon, and Fleet)
Base Damage 22P with -2 AP
Base Damage 39S with -3 AP

People outside of cars may roll Reaction to get out of the blast since you are outside vehicles or burn your next action to roll Reaction + Dodge or Gymnastics skill.
The two barrier grenades will be torn apart in the ensuing explosion so they will have no effect on the cars, drones or people.
Emilio and Fat Man you will be untouched by the explosion.

Fenris you will need to roll for each vehicle that was gathered at the regroup point. For each meter beyond 2 meters they are from the ground you can reduce the power of the physical damage by 11 and the stun will have no effect on them.

Strangeglove you will need to soak 7S with Body only from the the cyberarm being redlined after the grenades. I am not using the MRSI system but rather the rules in WAR about overlapping grenade blasts. You treat the blast as a single blast with a Damage Value equal to the sum of the highest Damage Value of one explosion plus half the DV of the other explosions.

All if you Hand of God you will survive the scene so if you use it to avoid one grenade blast I'm not going to kill you with the next. You spent a permanent point of Edge so its fate bending stuff going on.
UmaroVI
Wait, who got caught in those?
Lain
Versus the 4 success right?
so Just reaction(not spending next action, need that for running away smile.gif ): 9d6.hits(5) → [6,3,4,4,2,1,6,6,2] = (3)
Spend a point of Edge to reroll misses: 6d6.hits(5) → [6,1,2,6,2,2] = (2)
Total Successes: 5
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012