Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Daughter of Deep Silence
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
Notsoevildm
Eklipse only has 2 passes and burned one to dodge the explosion (actually may have burned first pass of next round, Buddha can you confirm?).

Initiative: 9 + 9d6.hits(5)=4 = 13, 2 passes

BishopMcQ
Copperheed--bio ware is not hackable, it's just soft tissue. There are Free Sprites, like free spirits, and you can bond with them, but no ally sprites that I recall.
Lain
Jon's Initiative
11d6.hits(5) → [2,5,5,4,4,5,3,5,5,3,5] = (6) + 11 = 17
11 Init 4 Passes
I always get great rolls when im running away.. too bad I can't score that high in combat
copperheed
What type of action is it to take a drug that isn't already attached to a cyber-injection system?
BishopMcQ
It is a Simple Action to use a simple device (slap patch, pill, inhaler) and a Complex Action to use a complex device (SR4A, p 148). Most drugs are probably in the Simple Action category, but I'd put an IV injection in the Complex side. You may also need a simple action to Ready the item if it isn't immediately at hand.

For the illusions--higher Force, more hits, and Spellcasting foci would help. Also, if you spend Edge when casting the spell, the rule about hits capped at Force doesn't apply for that single casting. (In case you have a time when the Illusion absolutely must hold.)
copperheed
Got it. Thanks for the advice.

And I forgot that Q doesn't know Jon's already out and in the shadows so Rp post edited.
Buddha72
BishopMcQ totally fine with the Stability power covering the Pilot glitch as well.

Notssevildm you were delaying so you burnt that action so you have the full number of Passes for the next Combat Turn.

Will post tonight later in the evening so get your rolls up if you haven't already. Thanks all!

BishopMcQ
Initiative (7d6.hits(5)=2) if needed.

Rikik 9/1 IP
Fenris
Fleet - Initiative(9) (9d6.hits(5)=2)

Fleet 11/3 IP
Buddha72
Initiative Order
Jon 17/4 IP <<<
Ninja Sex Kitten 14/3 IP
Eklipse 13/2 IP
Emilio 13/3 IP
Gothic Mage 13/3 IP Delaying
Strangeglove 12/4 IP
Fleet 11/3 IP
Q 10/3 IP
Rikik 9/1 IP

Shen ?
Fat Man ? Delaying

Zero Hand of God - stabilized but out till scene change

So I need rolls from UmaroVI please.

Jon is up!
Strangeglove
I can't tell if Strangeglove is actually the sanest of the group, or if the saner ones don't generate a rich and amusing internal monologue, and thus pass unnoticed.

Also, Fleet, I laughed at <<Remaining team>>
Lain
Continuing to Escape!

Strength 7 + Athletics 2 = 9
9d6.hits(5) → [4,5,1,2,4,3,6,1,1] = (2)

Adding 4 meters to running rate

Stealth is Agiility 5 + Stealth Group 3 - 2 for running = 6
9d6.hits(5) → [4,5,1,2,4,3,6,1,1] = (2)
copperheed
Anyone got a plan? I'm going to try to talk the Sprite into backing off since we can't beat her. Or do we make a plan IC?
UmaroVI
My thinking is that if we can get the sprite to at least stop attacking us while we leave, we can maybe have a sane negotiation once we are not in a combat zone and exchange the kids for money.

Fat Man's initiative: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3882600/ 16/3 IP <<<holding (base is 12, including +1 Intuition and hence Initiative from Psyche and +2 from Increase Reflexes). He's still holding the action into the new combat turn.

Shen's initiative: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3882606/ 21/2 IP (base is 15).
Buddha72
Initiative Order
Shen 21/2 IP
Jon 17/4 IP
Fat Man 16/3 IP Delaying
Ninja Sex Kitten 14/3 IP
Eklipse 13/2 IP <<<
Emilio 13/3 IP
Strangeglove 12/4 IP
Fleet 11/3 IP
Q 10/3 IP
Rikik 9/1 IP

Eklipse is up!

Strangeglove was rereading the post and I wanted to follow up on the SOS text you sent out - which runners were you sending it to other than the team on site?

UmaroVI feel free to post action for your Shen if you want since it was at the top of the Pass.
UmaroVI
The Shen is also going to keep holding (Guardian spirits don't have Movement so it can't really hasten the remaining team's retreat).
Strangeglove
He'd send the message to a few people from the last crew he trusts: Aideen, Salio, Zap.
I figured there'd be more than that, but... shadows are.

I figured the details wouldn't matter much because SG will be either safe or dead before they can do much other than look surprised.
UmaroVI
Notsoevildm: Emilio already jumped out of the cab.
Notsoevildm
QUOTE ( @ Jan 27 2013, 04:31 PM) *
Notsoevildm: Emilio already jumped out of the cab.
Good catch! Fixed.
Lain
FYI I'm heading out to the Yukon for a bit, expected return is Feb 13. Will post when I return!

Have fun
Buddha72
Thanks for the heads up!

I will be posting tomorrow in the afternoon but I am still here. smile.gif Things got a little busy and hectic today so I ran out of time.
Buddha72
OK I update the karma total on the 1st post.

Initiative Order
Shen 21/2 IP
Jon 17/4 IP
Fat Man 16/3 IP Delaying
Ninja Sex Kitten 14/3 IP
Eklipse 13/2 IP
Emilio 13/3 IP <<<
Strangeglove 12/4 IP
Fleet 11/3 IP
Q 10/3 IP
Rikik 9/1 IP

Emilio is up!
Emilio
Emilio's actions:

Simple: grab Zero's stuff
Movement: running toward the jackrabbit, assuming I'm right in remembering it is farther from the warehouse. Otherwise I'm just running with everyone else.
Simple: stuff Zero's gear into my pockets or backpack.
Buddha72
Initiative Order
Shen 21/2 IP
Jon 17/4 IP
Fat Man 16/3 IP Delaying
Ninja Sex Kitten 14/3 IP
Eklipse 13/2 IP
Emilio 13/3 IP
Strangeglove 12/4 IP <<<
Fleet 11/3 IP
Q 10/3 IP
Rikik 9/1 IP

Strangeglove is up!
JxJxA
QUOTE (Emilio @ Feb 1 2013, 03:39 AM) *
Emilio's actions:

Simple: grab Zero's stuff
Movement: running toward the jackrabbit, assuming I'm right in remembering it is farther from the warehouse. Otherwise I'm just running with everyone else.
Simple: stuff Zero's gear into my pockets or backpack.

My stuff should be in a smartpack (I think) if that helps.
Strangeglove
SG will take a simple to run, and retain a simple to dodge. I don't have a map but the direction will be away, with an eye toward breaking LOS to the mage, and not getting in AoE radius of other fleeing folks.

Acrobatics 11D - 3D injury = 8d6.hits(5)=1
Woo.

Speed is Troll + %50 for rollerblades with flavor text + running.
Buddha72
Happy Monday all!

I updated the total karma as usual in the 1st thread.

Strangeglove The skill check to increase your running speed is a Complex Action so that would take your action this pass but you can always spend upcoming actions to take defensive actions. Let me know if that changes anything for your turn.

Initiative Order
Shen 21/2 IP
Jon 17/4 IP
Fat Man 16/3 IP Delaying
Ninja Sex Kitten 14/3 IP
Eklipse 13/2 IP
Emilio 13/3 IP
Strangeglove 12/4 IP
Fleet 11/3 IP <<<
Q 10/3 IP
Rikik 9/1 IP

Fleet is up!
Strangeglove
The check to increase speed seems pretty pointless, and two dodges is better than one, so SG will just move and retain two dodge actions, because I can't think of anything more useful to do.
UmaroVI
I think you might have it backwards - IIRC, it's a Simple action to sprint, but Complex to dodge? Do I have that backwards?
Buddha72
Correct - it's a Simple Action to do the Sprint Test and you spend or burn a Complex Action to dodge - my apologies. blush.gif
copperheed
Greetings all. Hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend.

Quick poll before my turn. Should I use VR (which I really enjoy the flavor of) to go to the cab and talk to the Sprite or just stay in AR (which won't get me killed)?

I jumped into the cab on a previous turn to try and talk to the Sprite and was thinking of doing it again. I knew it was dangerous, but with further reading it seems suicidal since I'm not equipped for a digital fight. The rules don't seem to care if I'm talking from AR or VR and VR is potentially lethal. This is kind of annoying to me since Shadowrun's fluff for VR is one of the things I like and for there not to be much of a difference (fully speced matrix char can get +2 dice and +1 IP by hot sim VR over AR, but that doesn't seem worth the risk) irks me since a major component of the game is wasted since its safe not to use it.

Anyone have any thoughts on the subject?
BishopMcQ
Honestly, whether you are in AR or VR, cybercombat is just as deadly. The programs and skill levels are far more important than the Hot Sim bonus.

That said, I would act in AR so you can keep running. Boots on the pavement is going to be more important right now to get out of the area with Federated Boeing responding and Scary Goth Mage chomping at the bit for an excuse to unleash her spirit posse.

------

Game Design Perspective: AR was introduced in many ways to make Hacking more accessible, so that everyone could be involved in the Matrix rather than the decker running off and doing his thing for 3 hours of table time while the rest of the group got pizza. With that accessibility, I think some of the mystique was lost. Data Searches used to have very different time tables for banging on a keyboard instead of DNI decking. Sacrificing that time difference was a mistake in my opinion, but I understand the desire to make everything more accessible.

That said, for John Q. Wageslave, without any initiative boosters, he can have multiple IPs in Cold Sim VR, and up to 5 IPs with Hot Sim. Compared to his 1 IP in the meat body AR, that ranges from pretty good to godly. Even the fastest street sam can only pull off 4 IPs in his meat body.
BishopMcQ
Honestly, whether you are in AR or VR, cybercombat is just as deadly. The programs and skill levels are far more important than the Hot Sim bonus.

That said, I would act in AR so you can keep running. Boots on the pavement is going to be more important right now to get out of the area with Federated Boeing responding and Scary Goth Mage chomping at the bit for an excuse to unleash her spirit posse.

------

Game Design Perspective: AR was introduced in many ways to make Hacking more accessible, so that everyone could be involved in the Matrix rather than the decker running off and doing his thing for 3 hours of table time while the rest of the group got pizza. With that accessibility, I think some of the mystique was lost. Data Searches used to have very different time tables for banging on a keyboard instead of DNI decking. Sacrificing that time difference was a mistake in my opinion, but I understand the desire to make everything more accessible.

That said, for John Q. Wageslave, without any initiative boosters, he can have multiple IPs in Cold Sim VR, and up to 5 IPs with Hot Sim. Compared to his 1 IP in the meat body AR, that ranges from pretty good to godly. Even the fastest street sam can only pull off 4 IPs in his meat body.
Fenris
Since my understanding of the rules is that it's a non-action to move, I'm going to Delay in case I need to Dodge or something similar. But I'll keep running, towards whatever direction Eklipse is indicating as the likely point for our extraction.
Buddha72
Initiative Order
Shen 21/2 IP
Jon 17/4 IP
Fat Man 16/3 IP Delaying
Ninja Sex Kitten 14/3 IP
Eklipse 13/2 IP
Emilio 13/3 IP
Strangeglove 12/4 IP Delaying
Fleet 11/3 IP Delaying
Q 10/3 IP <<<
Rikik 9/1 IP

Q is up!
copperheed
I have accessed the cab's node before. Can I send a message to it or do I have to access it again to talk to the Sprite in a manner that I can use my social skills?
Etiquette says it helps in calming down a tense situation. Would this qualify?
And does that mean it takes the Sprite from "turn you all into dog food" to "fry all your commlinks out of spite"? Is that Negotiation?

And if I have to go to the cab in AR or VR, I'd like to send a message asking her to hear me out. What would I roll to convince her to at least listen and what do I roll to check if she's lying? Is it Judge Intentions or Con: Discern Lies or 3rd option?

@Team: If I have to jump into the cab in AR using a Complex Action, what can people suggest as my free action?
Buddha72
Copperheed you can send a message to it no problem. You could use Etiquette in conjunction with the message to try and calm it/her down. As to assessing her/its mood or intentions you would need to be able to interact with the Sprite in a more meaningful way in AR or VR. If you do - I would go with Judge Intentions at this point unless she was actively trying to lie to you then Con.
copperheed
Alrighty. I'll send a message over to her with as much defernce to her mighty spiritness (since Q still see her as a matrix spirit) with a firmness in we mere humans staying alive. I believe my roll is Cha+Eti only, minus the wounds.

Olive Branch: Charisma(6)+Etiquette(4)+Wounds(-1) = 9d6.hits(5) = (4)

I think talking is a Non Action. I await her response. If "positive" I'll Complex action to AR chat over there. If not than I'll healing at Roller Troll unless I need to directly defend myself or him. And can I spread counterspell over myself, SG, and Zero as a Free Action? I don't think I've done that yet.
BishopMcQ
Definitely apply Spell Defense to all visible team members as a Free Action if it's not up yet. Remember that movement doesn't take an action, so keep beating feet towards Eklipse's ping.
copperheed
I just realized that SG had probably broken line of sight with Fat Man since he got a head start on the running. And I'm going to be a good little rag doll and let SG's more impressive move speed do the running.
Buddha72
Copperheed I assume you spend the Complex Action to pop over to AR - let me know and I will post what you see in IC.

Initiative Order
Shen 21/2 IP
Jon 17/4 IP
Fat Man 16/3 IP Delaying
Ninja Sex Kitten 14/3 IP
Eklipse 13/2 IP
Emilio 13/3 IP
Strangeglove 12/4 IP Delaying
Fleet 11/3 IP Delaying
Q 10/3 IP
Rikik 9/1 IP <<<

Rikik is up!

I was going to drop out of initiative if everyone intends to enter the getaway car and get the hell out of the area. Let me know.
BishopMcQ
Pilot 2 + Command 5 - Handling 1 + Diagnostics 2 (8d6.hits(5)=4)

Hoping to do the train hopping thing, van goes 10, running people go 25, so they can jump in without much hassle but I'm not a stationary target for the missiles and the pain.
copperheed
Yes to using my complex to AR dive into the cab and chat.

Can I use my free action to spread counterspell?

Was about to post and now I've got to run. Busy day but I'll RP post even if its late late tonight.
copperheed
Free Action: Place counterspell on Cypher, SG, Zero, and anyone else I can see while being (thankfully) bounced around in SG's grip.

Complex Action: Move avatar to auto-cab while in AR.

And SG, remember you got a message from someone.
QUOTE (Buddha72 @ Jan 29 2013, 08:02 AM) *
Strangeglove
You see yet another flashing icon appear amid the series demanding your attention - this one does not seem to be related to your physical condition. You see it's an incoming message from Aideen. With a thought you access it and watch it scroll by.

<<@John Wayne: What the hell is going on over there? Talk to me - how can I help? >>
Fenris
I'm definitely part of the "in the van" crowd.

No Action: Movement to get into the van
Free Action: Switch to VR
Complex Action: Start a Capture Wireless Signal on one of the FedBoe drones: EW(5) + Pushed(1) + Sniffer(6) (12d6.hits(5)=2) Threshold is three, so will take at least one more action.

I will cease and desist if it looks like they're not pursuing off the property.
JxJxA
Okay, so can someone tell me two things: 1-Who is Ricky; 2-How many names does this kid have?!?!?!?!?!?
BishopMcQ
JxJxA --

Rikik (Pronounced Ri-keek) is my new character to replace Cypher. For the kids there is Ryan Shin (Primary Target) and Louis Magana (Primary's Boyfriend)

Not sure about a Ricky.
JxJxA
@ Bishop: Yeah, I knew you're playing Rikik. I just keep seeing new names for this SOB we're supposed to be rescuing. x_x
Emilio
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Feb 9 2013, 03:46 PM) *
JxJxA --

Rikik (Pronounced Ri-keek) is my new character to replace Cypher. For the kids there is Ryan Shin (Primary Target) and Louis Magana (Primary's Boyfriend)

The only other names I've heard are (respectively) "Romeo" and "Julio", which Emilio made up in light of the security person's comment initially.
Strangeglove
I'm fine dropping out of rounds. Fleeing in the van is the plan.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012