Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Daughter of Deep Silence
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
Buddha72
Ok still looking for the following rolls:

Etiquette (to make contact with the NeoNET people)
Negotiations (to make the arrangements for payment)
copperheed
Someone poke me if you'll want me to roll, presuming Budda gives thumbs up to me taking this assignment also.
UmaroVI
Go for it.
UmaroVI
Fat Man is going to cast Increase Logic on Emilio at force 7 (still sustaining the Increase Charisma). He doesn't know Sterilize.

Magic (6) + Spellcasting (6) + Power (4) - Sustaining (1 [Psyche]) = 15d6 = 6 hits, for up to +6 Logic but capped at Emilio's augmented maximum so probably capped at 9. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3941257/
Drain soak is 1P, Willpower (6) + Intuition (7) + Centering (4) = 17d6, http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3941258/ no drain
copperheed
Good morning on Monday. Looks like I'm it

Etiquette (to make contact with the NeoNET people): Charisma(10)+Etiquette(4)+Wound(-1)=13
13d6.hits(5) = (4)

Negotiations (to make the arrangements for payment): Charisma(10)+Negotiations(4)+Wound(-1)=13
13d6.hits(5) = (4)
Buddha72
Happy Monday All!

I updated the post with the new karma total for the game so far. I will be posting tomorrow to push things forward to the next scene (Edge refresh, karma awards tied to the run, etc). I will post the wrap up based form the rolls posted and drop you all back at the "office".

Thanks all!
Buddha72
OK post up - the recap (will add karma to the 1st post to keep the total current):

100k received
Starngeglove & Zero are stabilized but unconscious
Jon is back with the group
2 karma for surviving the run
1 karma for rescuing the boys
4 karma for the threat level
2 for good roleplaying
Aimee Mason as a new contact (contract negotiator for NeoNET Loyalty 1/Connection 3)
Mr. Kovaski as a new contact (shadow brokerage/money manager Loyalty 2/ Connection 4)

Any other things I missed? Let me know!
UmaroVI
To clarify: Zero and SG are still unconscious right now?
Buddha72
UmaroVI correct.
UmaroVI
Fat Man would by this point have let the Increase Charisma/Logic spells from earlier expire; also, the shen he summoned is gone (as it only had one service and it fulfilled it).

He is Assensing (both the elf, and also the astral for things like bound spirits waiting nearby or people who are using physical but not astral camouflage).

Intuition 7 (Psyche would still be active) + Assensing 4 + [only for the elf] Aura Reading specialization 2. He would also like to confirm his expectation that the elf has a different aura than Zero.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3944525/ 6 hits for the general area
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3944527/ 4 hits for the elf

EDIT: The background count from Rikik would drop those down by 3 dice each, so 4 hits and 4 hits, not 6 and 4.
copperheed
To Budda:
  • Has any Edge built back up? Q used 1 point but I know others might have used more.
  • Have Q's wounds been seen to? I've 5 points of damage.
  • Would Q have had time to reapply his Physical Mask spell? He's very paranoid about this and layers are useful (I think).
  • Since if we' haven't made Ryan Shin into a Contact, I'd like to continue trying. Would I have been able to get a number for him and/or Louis Magana?

And I'd like to Judge Intentions this Zero clone. Is it possible to Observe in Detail on this test? Are there any modifiers beyond -1 Wound? And if I can Observe in Detail for the Judge Intentions, then I'll wait for next IP to ready action Commanding Voice. Otherwise, I ready it immediately.
Tell me if there's any social rolls I should be making.
BishopMcQ
Dual Natured folks--Now that you are in close proximity to Rikik (instead of in a different car, VR, or running by paw across town), you should notice a swath of fear, anger, and jealousy pulsating out from him for several meters. He's emanating a strong Background count.
copperheed
Really?! Doesn't that mean we get -2 to magical actions? Go give our new buddy a hug ya' jerk! nyahnyah.gif ((Said jokingly since we all have to get our points somewhere))

Edit: And what's Jon wearing?
BishopMcQ
-4 while you are within 6m of me.
copperheed
Pretty much the whole house, right? At least the jerk of an elf is affected as well.
Does this stack with other background counts?
Will it affect spells targeted at you from out of area? How about our counterspelling or ongoing spells? I think I ran across something where background count also lowered the force of spells.

Do you have any flavor text for the background count or are we free to personalize this?
BishopMcQ
It creates a Rating 4 Background count that I am always at the heart of, independent of ambient mana conditions. It will overwrite other effects, for better or for worse. So if we went to the moon or Lofwyr's private sanctum, it would still be a Rating 4.

UmaroVI
Coppherheed: It lowers the force of all spells, spirits, and foci by 4 when they enter, and it lowers the Magic of awakened people by 4. It doesn't affect Counterspelling (but if you have Magic 0 you cannot counterspell).
BishopMcQ
Regarding flavor--the fear, anger and jealousy that I posted above is how I'd flavor it unless Buddha overrides me. Take all the pent up psychic energy of a generation of Changelings, then get outcast from the normals for being a freak and outcast from the freaks for looking normal, and you will find the emotional torrent I was aiming for.
Buddha72
QUOTE (Buddha72 @ Feb 25 2013, 05:41 PM) *
I will be posting tomorrow to push things forward to the next scene (Edge refresh, karma awards tied to the run, etc).

Copperheed already answered above in regards to Edge. You still have your wounds and you are welcome to try and make either of the boys into contacts. They did not leave contact information but it wouldn't be hard to hunt them down via the matrix. As to what Jon is wearing I am assuming the tattered remains of his clothing from when he shifted forms after collecting his things from the van. I seem to recall someone gathering his things. If no one did then he is buck naked unless he grabs a kimono from the closet.

Ok I am confused by the question with Observe in Detail - that is a Perception test (simple action) and Judge Intentions is a gut feeling reading of another character (simple action). Could you please clarify further? What is it exactly you are trying to do? If you did both or either you would not be able to Delay (the closest thing they have to readying an action in SR) to use Commanding Voice. Out of combat I prefer to let things flow out and if hostile actions happen then roll initiative to determine the order. It gets messy since SR doesn't really do readied actions like Pathfinder or D&D.

BishopMcQ I'm fine with the way you have flavor texted the Background Count - it's your character and the way you described changes nothing about the way it functions mechanically.

UmaroVI he is mundane, unaugmented and has an essence of 6 - his mood is contempt for most of the non-elves in the room and a strange repulsion/attraction to Zero. He is calm otherwise through wary.
JxJxA
QUOTE (copperheed @ Feb 27 2013, 06:07 AM) *
At least the jerk of an elf is affected as well.

When it comes to the Jerk Store, that elf is their number one seller. nyahnyah.gif
copperheed
I'm embarrassed at failing that piece of reading comprehension.

Delay noted, everyone's on their toes. For Observe in Detail, I was checking if it was a Perception only type action or if any observation like test could have it applied. The answer is perception only. So Judge Intentions: Charisma(6)+Intuition(5)+Empathy Software(2)+Kinesics(3)+Vomeronasal Organ(2)+Wounds(-1)=17
17d6.hits(5) = (5)

Bishop, that'll work poorly/entertainingly with Q's existing circumstances and hardships.

QUOTE (JxJxA @ Feb 26 2013, 08:07 PM) *
Running for president of Jerkville even?
To Group: I still think "Not Zero" is a mage even if he pings normal to Fat Man.

Edit: Edited my RP post for Bishop's flavor.
UmaroVI
Yeah, I think he is Masking and Fat Man didn't see through it.
BishopMcQ
Doing some quick e-sensing
Perception 4 + Resonance 6 (10d6.hits(5)=5)

Table from Unwired p 46 (since it's not a normal thing)
Hits Information
1 Presence and direction of the electrical field’s source; whether the source actively projects any electromagnetic signals
2 Relative size and type of the source (metahuman vs. electrical device); Signal rating of any emitting devices; presence of cyberware implants.
3 Type and model of node (RFID tag, commlink, cofee machine, drone, sensors); determine whether person is a technomancer; location of cyberware implants.
4 Rating of sensors; System rating of nodes; presence of nanites on the exterior; obvious vehicle/drone modifications.
5+ Firewall rating of node; presence of nanites in the bloodstream; whether a node is slaved; presence of stealth tags.
BishopMcQ
And Judge Intentions on Widget
Judge Intentions (11d6.hits(5)=5)

Trying to figure out if it was the leering from clone-boy, a certain set of words that she bristled at, or just general dislike that caused her reaction.
BishopMcQ
Matrix Perception test on the Bunny Icon
Computer 4 + Analyze 4 + TM 2 (10d6.hits(5)=2)

--Type (Agent, Persona, etc)
--Active Programs
copperheed
Just thought of something regarding the background count around Rikk. Does that mean that all active spells like Physical Mask and Increased Reflexes drop by 4 Force? If so than all of my active spells are gone! frown.gif
How does it affect Magic and Adept powers? Do I lose them as my Magic goes from 6 --> 2?

I can probably answer these all by boning up on it. I'll check Street Magic.
JxJxA
QUOTE (copperheed @ Feb 28 2013, 06:53 PM) *
Just thought of something regarding the background count around Rikk. Does that mean that all active spells like Physical Mask and Increased Reflexes drop by 4 Force? If so than all of my active spells are gone! frown.gif
How does it affect Magic and Adept powers? Do I lose them as my Magic goes from 6 --> 2?

I can probably answer these all by boning up on it. I'll check Street Magic.

Unfortunately, yes. BGCs reduce your Magic and thus lesion your Adept powers by 1 point for every point of BCG, but you at least get to choose which ones you lose (see Street Magic, p.118).

Astral Hazing is a weird metagenic negative trait (see Runner's Companion, p.116). What it does mean is that if we do find ourselves in Lofwyr's domain, the odds are Rikik will be the first one the dragon eats... nyahnyah.gif
BishopMcQ
If anyone has Cleansing, that will wipe away the background count for (Initiate grade) Hours each time you do it. Geomancy might even let you change it, though that would take a long time...
UmaroVI
Technically I think you can Geomance it, although I wouldn't allow that as a GM.

Fat Man is going to be Cleansing that on a regular basis - but I'm pretty sure Not Zero is awakened and since there's one of him and a number of mundane combatants here, I was going to wait until after he gets lost.
BishopMcQ
Umaro--Since Geomancy requires a fixed area, and the background count can expand if someone with astral hazing stays there for a long time, I'd see Geomancy working in the area. However, if the person left the area, all the work would have to start all over again. Though, since we don't really have 4 months to just take a break and do the rituals, it's all academic.
UmaroVI
That would be funny, though, if some magical group that really wants a BGC aspected to their group does it by keeping an Astral Hazing changeling in a box and Geomancing his aura.
Buddha72
I was up most of the night with a terribad cough and going to doctor this AM so posting is going to slow down a little - I will try to post this afternoon and sorry for the delay. frown.gif

BishopMcQ its active programs are Stealth, Armor, Attack, Exploit, Edit and Analyze.
UmaroVI
Fat Man is Cleansing Rikik's Haze.

Magic (2) + Counterspelling (4) + Grade (2) [his Initiate Grade went down to 2 because it's capped at Magic and he's in a BGC] = 8d6, http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3947977/ 5 hits, that reduces it to 1.

Trying to finish:

Magic (5) + Counterspelling (4) + Grade (4) + Focus (3) = 16d6, http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3947980/, temporarily suppresses it.

EDIT: Actually, that second try should lose 2 dice from the end for retrying, but it would still get the 2 hits needed.
Lain
Jon is leaning against a wall around 6-7 meters from Rikki, just outside of the uncomfortable zone.. Doubt he would recognize what's going on with the -4 area, but if its uncomfortable to be around Rikki, he just woulnd't be(if possible)

I didnt put extra clothes in his gear bag, and he doesn't really think anything about being half naked, so generally he is still in torn clothes, just hanging out as if completely comfortable with his body and unsure why anyone would care.
copperheed
Get well soon Budda. Hope the kids don't catch anything.

Jon hanging out in the buff is a little surprising since he seemed to be ex-corp and to my knowledge they're pretty mainstream about social mores.
Buddha72
Feel free to begin the heal-a-thon and get people back up and conscious. Throw them bones! Turns out to be an ear infection so no worries of the kids catching it. smile.gif
JxJxA
So, should I start rolling natural healing? BTW, if it survived the explosion, I have a R6 medkit in my smartpack. It's equipped with a chipper Elf nurse personality program! She does speak Sperethiel, though...will that be a problem? I thought having that with my EFL Elf would make more sense than having him stumble on English instructions ("Suture the wound? Wait, what does suture mean? Where's my dictionary...")... nyahnyah.gif

PS-I hope you're feeling better, Buddha.
BishopMcQ
So I think we are at:
Cypher - DEAD
Strangeglove - 16P/10S
Zerone - 10P/10S (both tracks filled)

Any other wounds?

First Aid + Logic + 6 Medkit - 1 Indoors (+1 for skilled assistant up to +3)

-2 for Zerone Magic
-2 for SG Implants?

First Aid goes first -- Threshold 2, extra hits heal boxes. (Aim for Physical since the Stun heals quickly)
Then Magic
Lastly Medicine for bonus dice on Natural Healing (same modifiers as First Aid, just different skill)
BishopMcQ
Assuming Widget takes me up on the offer, I'm going to do Info Sortilege on the mess of data the team got:

Data Search 5 + Resonance 6 (11d6.hits(5)=3)
Edge - Info Sortilege (8d6.hits(5)=5)
Total of 8 hits
UmaroVI
I think we concluded Emilio is our designated medic and he was medkitting people earlier? I'm not sure that got rolled. He would have had an Increase Logic during that: http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?s=&a...t&p=1212495

Buddha: I just noticed me and copperheed were doing this differently, and I don't think there's an "official" answer as to who is right. When using Heal, what is the "DV" in the drain code? Is it the amount of damage actually healed? Or is it the total P boxes they have? For example, if SG has 16P and gets Healed for 5P, does the caster resist 14 drain or 3 drain?

copperheed
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Mar 1 2013, 01:16 PM) *
Any other wounds?

First Aid + Logic + 6 Medkit - 1 Indoors (+1 for skilled assistant up to +3)

-2 for Zerone Magic
-2 for SG Implants?
Q has 5P of damage. -1 for Implants (0.8 worth)
What's with the -1 Indoors penalty?
-2 for Zero being Awakened?
I think SG is -5 for implants.

Budda, can I teamwork Fat Man's Healing Magic?
I was messing up healing in a technically correct fashion. Budda straitened me out.

Group: I've a few questions that I don't know if they should be in here or RP:
  • Is the safehouse still secure or do we need to find some other location?
  • How do we want to divide up money? I put forth 50% to gear (Fleet=45k, SG=5k), since SG and Fleet lost unbelievable amounts of money and that's quite important to their characters.
  • Are we presuming that introductions with Rikk were taken care of on the trip back?
  • Someone fill the new people in on the main plot? I'm still interested in finding info on those elf twins madam Yin was interested in.
  • When do (If) we want to have tutorial for the mission oops?

Any connection between Fuzbunbun and Fizbin? smile.gif
BishopMcQ
Copperheed--SR4A p 253 has a bunch of modifiers for Healing tests and Medical care. Indoors, but not a medical facility is -1 (that's why Emilio asked about Sterilize)

Awakened and TMs get -2. SG has different penalties for regular healing and magical healing.
JxJxA
QUOTE (copperheed @ Mar 2 2013, 01:50 PM) *
Any connection between Fuzbunbun and Fizbin? smile.gif

If by Fizbin you mean either the TOS card game or the Kender version of Paladine, then you deserve an Internet fist bump.
Emilio
Fat Man, has the Increase Logic been dropped? I earlier stabilized SG, and saved all the other work until now. If it hasn't, the extra 5 boxes (taking me to a racial cap of 9) would be great. I would have mentioned that I was planning on finishing up at the safe house.

Buddha noted that I can take the area as sterile, so no -1. How many helpers do I have?
UmaroVI
Ah, OK. Fat Man would be recasting it now, then. Magic (6) + Focus (4) + Spellcasting (6) = 16d6 to cast, Intuition (7)+Willpower(6)+Centering(4) = 17d6 to soak http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3953296/, http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3953297/ will get Emilio to 9 Logic.
BishopMcQ
Rikik is NOT a skilled aid. Who has the skill? (Task spirits anyone?)
Fenris
I don't have the skill. Is this a situation where normal teamwork rules don't apply?
UmaroVI
Fat Man will try to call a Rating 3 Task Spirit to assist. Optional power: Technical Skill (first aid).

Resist:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3954745/ 1 hit [I accidentaly rolled 3, rather than 3d6.hits(5) once]
Summon: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3954747/ 3 hits, 2 services (going to be "patch my pals up")
Soak drain: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3954749/ no drain
BishopMcQ
QUOTE (Fenris @ Mar 3 2013, 06:00 PM) *
I don't have the skill. Is this a situation where normal teamwork rules don't apply?

That's up to Buddha. The table of modifiers gives a +1 per skilled assistant up to a +3, which suggests that only people with the skill can assist and uses a different method than normal Teamwork. Also remember that the maximum number of boxes that can be healed is based on the Rating of the skill. (The medkit rating can replace the skill rating, so use whichever is highest I'd say.)

Medicine does not allow a Default, but First Aid does.
copperheed
Bishop, can I teamwork with you to look for anything "Not Zero" might have left behind or do you use the technomancer skill set?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012