Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Shadowrun podcast - Critical Glitch
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Tinner
Hoi chummers,
After months of planning, the first episode of Critical Glitch is out and ready for download at criticalglitch.com or on iTunes.
Hosted by Steven A. Tinner (GM to the Stars) and Tim Patrick (The Most Dangerous Man in Gaming), Critical Glitch covers all aspects of Shadowrun, with a special empasis on Shadowrun: Missions.
We're very open to listener participation and feedback. We want this show to be fan driven, so please, let us know what you want to hear!
Contact us via email at criticalglitchpodcast@gmail.com. Follow us on Twitter @criticalglitch1. Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/CriticalGlitch.
New episodes will drop on the first week of each month, so be sure to contact us now so your voice can be heard in Novermber's episode.
Thanks!
BigMrE
Downloaded it and am going to listen to it tonight!
Grinchy McScrooge
Downloading it now! biggrin.gif
AccessControl
Neat! Downloading now, it'll give me something to listen to while at work.
DWC
It's off to a good start. I'm something of a podcasting snob, since the miniature wargaming community has such a mature podcasting community, but I think it definitely has promise. My only issue would be the length. I guess I've gotten spoiled by getting 3 hour weekly episodes of my favorite half dozen podcasts, but there is something to be said with starting at an hour a month, increasing in content and frequency as comfort level grows.

In the spirit of being constructive, I figured I'd throw out a few ideas for future episodes. Can I suggest sitting down on Skype with Hardy and the Missions Coordinator to talk about the Prop 23 vote from Dragoncon and Gencon, along with the Scramble, and discussing how it went? Also, I'm sure a lot of folks would love to hear about the plans for Missions Season 5, or about the second half of Missions Season 4 (if it is going to exist at all). I've got my guesses about what Season 5 will do with someplace like Chicago, but it'd be neat to hear the campaign staff discuss it even at an abstract level. Since they're no longer available for play, it might also be neat to go back and talk about the 2010 and 2011 CMPs (including looking at them from a plot perspective and where the threads they started have led to) and what the campaign staff learned from doing them, how the concept involved into the 2012 CMPs and the direction that the 2013 CMPs will take.
BigMrE
I really liked the podcast, and I'm waiting for the next one.
Tinner
Hey folks, thanks for making our first episode a HUGE success!
I know we said we were going to only publish new material every month, but we just had to reward you all for listening.
We went to Con-on-the-Cob on October 11-14, and had such a great experience we had to share our experiences.
To do that we created our first NERPS episode - a bonus episode outside out regular schedule, and not sticking to our normal format.
In this first NERPS episode, we review CotC 2012, and highlight some of the high points that happened in the 14 Shadowrun games we ran at the show.
As always you can find all our episodes at www.criticalglitch.com. We are on iTunes now as well!
Contact us via email at criticalglitchpodcast@gmail.com. Follow us on Twitter @criticalglitch1. Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/CriticalGlitch.
Our next regular episode will be up in the first week of November. Join us then as we talk about Shadowrun 2050 and more!
BigMrE
Downloaded but haven't had a chance to listen to NERPS episode.

Looking forward to the next episode already though!
Tinner
Has it been a month already?
There's another new episode of Critical Glitch up and ready for you.
This time out we answer some listener questions, talk about voting and weather as they pertain to Shadowrun, and spend a while talking about Shadowrun Then and Now as we discuss the Shadowrun 2050 sourcebook.
Thanks to everyone who downloaded Episode 0, and our NERPS bonus episode! We hit over 750 unique IP downloads in our first month!
Help us get ever more in month two! Tell your fellow runners about Critical Glitch!
Find us on the web at www.criticalglitch.com.
Contact us via email at criticalglitchpodcast@gmail.com.
Follow us on Twitter @criticalglitch1.
Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/CriticalGlitch.
Download all our episodes on iTunes, and leave us a review.
Thanks!
bannockburn
Will listen to the new episode tomorrow smile.gif
So far I've liked it, even if I found the 'GM to the staaaars' and other nickname-y and insider-y stuff a bit over the top.
The general tone and topics were interesting smile.gif
Mantis
Just listened to your latest episode (Episode 1). Not bad. I liked the ideas about throwing in weather and making it a thing crunch wise in a game. I've had similar thoughts myself and even managed to get it into a game now and again. Product reviews are nice but maybe hit some of the cons about the product as well as the pros. Glowing reviews are nice and all but every product has it's flaws and I'd like to know what they are.
My biggest complaint with your podcast though, is the audio quality and perhaps the editing. Hard to tell which it is but the sound needs to be cleaned up and the edits a little less harsh. At times it felt like I missing parts of the conversation due to hard edits or else poor sound quality. I know you are doing this over skype (or something similar) but try and aim for better sound. Maybe invest in some good mikes.
Beyond that, I like the show and I'm glad to see something SR specific out there for podcasts. Nice job.
Bigity
There is a facebook post by 'Shadowrun' that Tinner has died. Not sure of the details.

I didn't know the guy, but was a listener and know he had family. My prayers go out to them and his friends.
Critias
His service was today. If anyone's got a spare moment to send some vibes to his family, they'd appreciate it, I'm sure.
Mistakil
RIP Steven. He will be missed. Condolences to his family and close friends in this difficult time.
Iduno
QUOTE (Mistakil @ Apr 5 2014, 11:09 PM) *
RIP Steven. He will be missed. Condolences to his family and close friends in this difficult time.

I just got around to listening to this. It's good, but knowing Tinner died makes some jokes a bit macabre. Even him saying in episode 1 (the third episode) that he won't hold his breath for the new Star Wars movie that is supposed to happen in 2015 made me cringe a bit.

Still, it's an entertaining and informative podcast so far.
Critias
FWIW, we spent the most recent one basically all saying g'bye. Just talking about what we remember about Tinner, how we met him, etc, etc. He left us some big shoes to fill, but hopefully the five or six of us stepping up to help Tim can manage it.

And, of course, the fact it's taking five or six of us to try also tells you how awesome Tinner was.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012