Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Identifying marks and scars
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Snow_Fox
Anyone remember the scene in Leathal Weapon 3 where Mel Gibson and Renee Russo fall in love by comparing scars? Well your average runner is going to get shot a couple of times in a career. While magical healing might not leave marks your average first aid doc wagon work will. Even small ones. So are your characters unable to go out in a bikini even though toned because of unmerous bullet marks?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
Well, I am quite certain that the vast majority of my characters would be looked at questionably if they ever went out in a Bikini (Majority are Male - Think I have only 3-4, out of 50+, female characters) .

That said, wear your scars proudly. smile.gif
Ruby
Most of my characters would have plenty of scars from being shot at, particularly Kali the gun adept. I think my username-sake Ruby would be the only one without scars. She had a surprisingly high survival rate for a mousy technomancer. Now the real question is if you could convince her to wear a bikini.
bannockburn
Silky Skin™ Treatment also removes scars wink.gif
CanRay
When you get your Orthoskin, might as well chip in the extra cash and pay for all new skin as well. biggrin.gif
EKBT81
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Oct 13 2012, 06:11 PM) *
Silky Skin™ Treatment also removes scars wink.gif

Pretty much my line of thought. I'd expect 2070s surgery to be able to remove most scars (if you have the money). IIRC scar removal was among the surgery options in the SR3 Man & Machine book.

I'd also say that physical damage need not necessarily be a surface wound. You might get physical damage from a bullet that doesn't actually penetrate your armor, but still has sufficient impact power to cause bone fractures and such.
KarmaInferno
Old Man Jones is not the type to consider Silky Skin as an option. Hell, he doesn't even use scented soap.

He is, of course, a mass of scar tissue. A quarter century in the Shadows will do that. I think he's more or less scar tissue connected by a few bits of meat and cyberware.

-k
bannockburn
But he could feel so pretty again? smile.gif
Halinn
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Oct 13 2012, 08:06 PM) *
But he could feel so pretty again? smile.gif

It's mostly that his plan for the contingency "the doc who does the Silky Skin™ treatment sedates me and sells me to the Tamanous" is "don't get the Silky Skin™ treatment."
Glyph
QUOTE (Halinn @ Oct 13 2012, 11:51 AM) *
It's mostly that his plan for the contingency "the doc who does the Silky Skin™ treatment sedates me and sells me to the Tamanous" is "don't get the Silky Skin™ treatment."

But by that rationale, he wouldn't ever get any 'ware. rotfl.gif

I figure you don't need to get in a tank for a lengthy treatment just to get a scar removed. It would probably be a quick outpatient procedure. Some runners might deliberately keep their scars, either as a reminder to be a bit quicker next time, or to proudly display, to show how tough/experienced they are. Almost makes me wonder if there would be wannabes out there who would get fake scars to give themselves that "authentic" look.
Stahlseele
One of my most beloved Trolls had pretty bad scarring all over his left arm and torso side from a car crash he survived better than the van that crashed into him.
He also wore them proudly, with a jeans vest displaying his upper body quite nicely, only held together at the front by a clasp made from the vans numberplate.

One of my magical characters had pretty bad scarring on one side of his head and a glowing cyber-eye on that side too.

ANOTHER of my loved Trolls, this time a Heavy Weapons-Expert, had an obvious cybernetic arm and got, in game, some serious scars after having boxed with a feathered serpent for 2 rounds before having been thrown into(yes, into, as in half way trough) a van from which he got some pretty bad scars on the back.

Smiley, an ork-face(yes, i can do that) had the sicilian smile scars you probably know from the new joker on one side of his mouth . .
FuelDrop
My last character didn't care about scars, but since he tended to kill people before they could attack him he didn't have too many. My current character does care a lot about scars, so she skulks around in camo with silenced weapons and lets the shotgun wielding maniacs charge wildly in and take the bullets.
CanRay
I found out that I can be ID'd at GenCon by the scar of my right arm.

To be sure, it's an impressive scar.
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (Halinn @ Oct 13 2012, 01:51 PM) *

Nah. He just has no sense of vanity. For my part as his player, it doesn't fit in with the "tough old bird" image I've crafted for him.

That said, he does have the Paranoid negative quality. And contingency plans to avoid getting sedated and sold off to Tamanous.

-k
FuelDrop
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Oct 14 2012, 09:53 AM) *
Nah. He just has no sense of vanity. For my part as his player, it doesn't fit in with the "tough old bird" image I've crafted for him.

That said, he does have the Paranoid negative quality. And contingency plans to avoid getting sedated and sold off to Tamanous.

-k

Paranoid is a negative quality for a shadowrunner?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Oct 13 2012, 07:56 PM) *
Paranoid is a negative quality for a shadowrunner?

The Paranoia Level of the Negative Quality is.... smile.gif
CanRay
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Oct 14 2012, 08:58 AM) *
The Paranoia Level of the Negative Quality is.... smile.gif
That's the one where the Mr. Johnson starts with, "Hello Troubleshooters...", right?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (CanRay @ Oct 14 2012, 11:30 AM) *
That's the one where the Mr. Johnson starts with, "Hello Troubleshooters...", right?

Quite Possibly... smile.gif
CanRay
Good. There will be some day where I will do that to my group. vegm.gif
ggodo
Mine wouldn't get it, but that might make it better.
DMiller
QUOTE (CanRay @ Oct 15 2012, 02:30 AM) *

Only problem is that Mr. J wouldn't hire any known Technomancers. biggrin.gif

-D
Seriously Mike
QUOTE (CanRay @ Oct 14 2012, 01:26 AM) *
I found out that I can be ID'd at GenCon by the scar of my right arm.

To be sure, it's an impressive scar.

The one from grizzly wrestling?

Out of my characters, the most recognizable would be Kestrel. Burn scars and cybernetic arms do that to you.
CanRay
QUOTE (DMiller @ Oct 16 2012, 03:53 AM) *
Only problem is that Mr. J wouldn't hire any known Technomancers. biggrin.gif

-D
The problem is "Known", knowing about Technomancers is above this security clearance. biggrin.gif
QUOTE (Seriously Mike @ Oct 16 2012, 05:05 AM) *
The one from grizzly wrestling?
That sounds a hell of a lot more impressive than how I got it, so let's go with that, yeah.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012