Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sleeping Dogs half-off on Steam this weekend.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Tanegar
Also, all but the two most recent DLC are 50% off. You can get the game plus all the DLC for $37 and change, versus the regular price of $49.99 for just the game.
Adarael
You know you want to. BUY IT.
Tanegar
I already did. Duh. nyahnyah.gif It's 48% downloaded as I type this.
Tanegar
Amusing anecdote #1: I rode my motorcycle to a mission site, and beat down a bunch of thugs. One of them tried to escape on my motorcycle(!), and when I knocked him off of it, I got docked 5 Cop XP for "theft." O.o
Tanegar
Well, I finished the campaign. Although the gameplay was solid and the story engaging, I felt they could have done more. The story is completely linear, and I think they missed an opportunity to give the player more choice and create more replayability by offering competing sets of objectives: will you stay true to your police mission and bring down the Sun On Yee triad, or will you go native and become the criminal you're pretending to be? You don't have a choice; it's a little of both.

Bottom line: Sleeping Dogs is fun to play, has great atmosphere, and tells a good story, but lacks ambition. 8/10.
Adarael
Oh, it's not a lack of AMBITION. It was certainly a lack of time & money to implement more content.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012