Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ganger Campaign on IRC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Tecumseh
Thug life!

We have a gang campaign already in progress on IRC. We started this summer, have logged a dozen sessions, and are having a blast. Check out the game wiki, which includes extensive details about the gang, what's happened so far, and character generation rules:

http://seattlegb.wikispaces.com/Seattle+Gang+Bang

We play Wednesday evenings, starting between 8:30 - 9:00pm EST. Sessions last about three hours. We use the #s-run and #shadowrun channels of Undernet. If you're unfamiliar with IRC or how to set it up, check out this FAQ.

The game is set in the Puyallup Barrens. This is a sandbox-style game with the players providing the leadership and strategy for the gang. There is a high degree of continuity from week to week, providing real opportunity to not only grow your character but to advance the gang as well. If you want a living game with turf and reputation, rivals and alliances, setbacks and triumphs, cutting deals and outmaneuvering your opponents, this is the game for you.

We have four regular players and are interested in a couple more. We could use a good brawler and a character with solid social skills. If you have another street-level character in mind that you've always wanted to play, throw it out there.

Interested? You can PM me, post something here, or drop by the channel on Wednesday.
Tecumseh
Just to tie this off, the response has been good and I am suspending recruitment for the time being. I will maintain a waiting list if there are interested players, with the current preference favoring a chain-swinging, face-punching street fighter. (I'm talking about an ork on 'roids with or without anger management issues, not a "I punch through worlds" adept. Although I love those too in a different context.)
phlapjack77
Sounds fun - would have loved to play, but the time difference made it not possible frown.gif
klinktastic
Just giving it a bump. We have great fun! Ping Tecumseh to see if there is capacity.
Tecumseh
Hi folks,

I am reopening recruitment, effective immediately. I'm looking for street-level characters with smarts and solid RP skills. It's an open world, where player choices have direct consequences on the story line and overall plot development. There are leadership opportunities available, or alternative playing arrangements (like playing a different gang NPC each week). I'm flexible. Have an idea, or something you've always wanted to try? Pitch it past me.

You
Thug, or thug at heart
Resourceful
Good RPer

Me
Engaged, active GM
Above-average looks
Good speling grammar and

The initial post above has the broad outline plus the link to the (overly detailed) game wiki. Questions? Post here, PM me, courier pigeon, etc. You know the drill. Let's do this!
ScooterinAB
Hey. I think I'm interested in your game. The character I'm working on right now is an awakened gang medic. He's a mystic adept (heavy on the adept part, with very minor summoning) that plays around with various concepts in Shinto. Essentially, the character is a physical scapegoat, drawing impurities and injuries out of the world onto himself. He comes from a very lower class background, and grew up with gangs and crime (I can explain the details later, as it may take some explaining), so I think he'd be a good fit. Plus, the character targets an area that the party isn't too strong in.

If you like the idea, I'll continue developing the character. What do you think?
Tecumseh
Thumbs up. Run with it!
ScooterinAB
I'm still working on the character, but I've been at work for a few days and busy with another project. I should have something by Tuesday.
Tecumseh
The Class of 2073 is now complete. Recruitment has gone well so I am closing it for now. I will post here again when it reopens.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012