Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Down in the Puyallups VI
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Saytr
yeah figure if she could look around the direction the chopper went she might see some residual mojo junk to lead us in the right direction.
Thanee
That was back at the mall, though... maybe you should specify that in your post. smile.gif

I would assume from your post that you meant to do recon on the general area where we are now. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 28 2013, 03:09 PM) *
I would assume from your post that you meant to do recon on the general area where we are now. wink.gif

We have to be careful, the other runner team has a mage as well and we don't want to scare them into thinking we're doing anything wrong...
Thanee
Yep, that is why I asked... won't want to have Torch head inside there and possibly cause panic among them. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
<ping>
Aria
Mouse is still here...just not too sure what she can contribute...in hindsight not the most useful character I've ever made lol
Saytr
Not yet ! Your time to shine will come no doubt.
Redjack
Post is up!
Redjack
I'm looking for posts from phlapjack77 & Satyr. I can fast forward if the team is lacking additional dialog...?
phlapjack77
My bad. Post is up.
Redjack
All
Ugghh.. I thought I updated this game last week when I did the others. Sorry, again.

FYI: Satyr is a Daddy again, just a few days ago, so he is understandably absent. If needed, I'll bump Zion (if needed) to keep the game going and let Daddy enjoy his new baby girl.

How's that for a bump?
Thanee
Yay, congratulations, Saytr & familiy! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Aria
Congratulations Saytr!
Saytr
Thanks every one only took a side loader snow cat and box elder fire department and five hours after hwr water broke to get to us during the blizzard here in sd.
phlapjack77
Congrats man, glad it all turned out ok!
Redjack
Lucky - Negotiation(2) + Charisma(2) +Teamwork(2) [5,6,2,1,2,3] = 2 hits
Hips - Negotiation(4) + Charisma(5) [5,6,3,5,3,6,4,4,1] = 4 hits
phlapjack77
Gonna be out of town for the next 4 days (til Tuesday night). Hope to be able to post some, but it's not certain. Redjack, please remote-control Lucky as you see fit smile.gif (yes I copied and pasted this message!)
phlapjack77
was kinda waiting for anybody else's feedback, but to try to keep things moving (almost 2 weeks) I'll post something
Aria
Have to confess I've completely lost the plot on this one, sorry frown.gif

Any chance of a vague summary of events? Yes, I know I should probably re-read the IC but then I seem to be overcommitting myself to GMing at the moment so...any help appreciated! biggrin.gif
Redjack
The team is spread out across the Crime Mall when there is a highly coordinated attack on a meet on the second floor, in a bar called the Office. The only permanent bar in the Mall, of course, only open nights the Mall is open.

The team is assembled and hired by Smokey Joe, proprietor of the Office to find out who perpetrated the assault and why. His dwarven assistant is known as The Bartender.
QUOTE (Smokey Joe)
"Find out who did this. Find out how they did this; Someone on the inside perhaps? Find out why they did this; Beyond the obvious of interfering with a meet. When you know this, we'll discuss who you should bring to me." He pauses to take a breath to bring his blood pressure down, he looks off in the distance. "Someone sent a message tonight. I will be needing to send one back." Looking back to the team and letting a little of the stress drip away, "I'll pay you each a grand for the answer to each of the three questions and an extra grand in expenses. Once you have the answers, we scope out the follow up job." [LINK]

The team is introduced to Judge, leader of the Lifters and one of his guys, Itchy is assigned to assist them in the Mall. While in the course of gathering physical, mystical and eye-witness evidence onsite [Link], an SK team arrives seeking a missing exec. They hire the team to locate said missing exec:
QUOTE (SK Negotiator)
"We would like to engage your services, in a complementary fashion. We would like Mr Simpson, his wife and his daughter. If you seek violent retribution on his extraction team-" she looks to Zion, "-then they are not a consideration for us." [LINK]
QUOTE (Aeryn)
"-You want your assistant vice council and his family, willing or unwilling, handed back to you safe and sound. There is no question about this being a tricky and dangerous operation, we just need to look around here. As I said, this is going to cost you. The price for the safe return of Mr. Simpson is one hundred thousand Nuyen. For his wife and daughter, another fifty thousand Nuyen, each. Twenty percent up front to cover our expenses. The rest once we can give you proof that we have him and are able to deliver. When the whole sum is in our possession, you will get your people handed over.-" [LINK]
QUOTE (SK Negotiator)
"-My budget for this recovery was actually less than a hundred thousand nuyen, but I am willing to move some discretionary funds to get the entire family. If we are done negotiating, I am willing to transfer 20% up front for expenses in certified cred. Are we done?" [LINK]
QUOTE (SK Negotiator)
"Including there-in are bios on all three. In the interest of disclosure, Simpson is involved in some negotiations. I can delay those negotiations a day, two at the most. The exact content of those negotiations are classified, but involve some purchases of land in Seattle. I have a theory that his extraction is linked to that, but the party involved is anyone's guess at this moment." [LINK]
QUOTE (SK Negotiator)
"Susan had a pattern of visiting her father for his birthday, chartering a private plane to do so. With Sarah, her ultimate destination was here in Seattle. The pilot, Michael Carr, was located in the trunk of his car at the airport fifteen minutes ago. Around 10pm yesterday, it was determined that Susan and Sarah were not actually on the flight, rather a SINless woman and child with forged credentials departed the plane and were taken into custody. They were unaware of their employer and paid in a medical procedure given to family members." She pauses a moment before continuing, "Assuming your next line of questions, left me address that: At that time we placed a heightened watch on Mark. Late this evening he slipped offsite using the credentials of a subordinate and a throw away comlink." [LINK]
"They do not travel enough to have a normal pilot. Michael was determined to be a career employee with an otherwise untarnished record. He was tasered at home and his home security system had been tampered with."

The team is able to identify the team, Shadow Team Six that was at the meeting.
QUOTE (Video Feed)
The first is a human in street clothes and a long coat, Wilt, is tagged. Following him is an ork in an armored jacket with an AK strapped across his back is tagged as Crush. A human female with sandy-blonde hair in a form fitting jumpsuit, tagged as Hips is next; a pair of pistols are holstered on her shapely hips. Bringing up the tail is a human male with obvious cyber arms. He is wearing a large armored coat and has a rucksack on his back. A few moments later, a human male in an expensive suit, but looking harried, walks through the bar, nods apprehensively to Smokey Joe and enters the room; obviously Simpson. Several minutes later, the shit hits the fan. [LINK]
<<@Hugo Sanchez [LS_Records] Hugo, Daniel was my training officer so this one is for him. Wilt is believed to be one Jason Tanners, former Officer in the UCAS Air Force, Military Intelligence. Flagged as a watch. Crush is member of Forever Tacoma. No data on the team member known as Hips. Smack is believed to have been a member of Ares Security Forces; specific data about him was corrupted in the Lone Star mainframe. We did not have Micky, nor Zero-One in our records as being members of Shadow Team Six. We do know that Zero-One is rumored to be a dwarf. No images on file.>>

<<@Team [Papa] Geiger Inc is a Seattle based company that specializes in geological surveys. The Snohomish office appears to focus on Corporate Asset Control; buying, selling, leasing, maintaining, logistics... that type of thing. I'm not finding any details about the result of their run on the message boards.>>
[LINK]
QUOTE (ME Feed Video)
Streaming video begins: A couple of guys in street clothes can be see facing the source of the video recording. There is a boom and the duo, as well as the crowd of people can be seen to duck in response. The back drop appears to be somewhere on the first floor of the Mall. The first looks to the camera, "What the hell was that?"
A voice off-camera can be heard to say, "I think its a raid!"
Yelling and shouting grows from the crowd and there is a wave moving forward. The trio follow the crowd, the first speaker disappearing from sight.
There is a fast forward of the video. Elapsed time shows 108 seconds passed since the explosion.
As the cameraman and his buddy come in sight of one of the exits, the cameraman glances around, catching sight of the crowd from the second floor coming down the stairs, merging with the others exiting the Mall.
The video freezes and zooms in.
Smack can be clearly seen with a body over each shoulder. It appears to be Wilt on his right and Crush on his left.
The video remained zoomed but continues as the photographer begins turning away to look back towards the door. As Smack barrels forward, Hips' head can barely be seen. She is being pulled along by the street sam; a large purple bruise now adorns her face.
[LINK]
Redjack
The team tracks Shadow Team Six to their street doc. Several are with the street doc now, trying to determine where to go next.
Smack replies, "Four... Four twenty seven, that's when the call came in." A short pause before he continues, "From a burner com." He shifts, uneasy in his position before continuing, "The team voted to trust you... Doesn't mean that I do. Nothing personal, but I just pulled my team out of a shit storm 'cause we were too trusting. Send in your medic. No weapons... And your mage, if they can heal. He steps forward, almost into the light. Anything funny and we all go up is smoke together though, got it?"

<<@Team [Papa] Found some grainy video where a guy thought there was a helicopter over the Mall during the attack. He said the wind moved, but he didn't see it. Then I found a blog entry where someone said they saw a huge spirit heading east-south-east from the Mall after the attack. The blogger said he was checked the astral and there it was, dual-natured and all, but he hadn't seen the manifested form.>>

<<@Team [Torch] Sounds like it was manifested, probably concealing the helo. I would imagine the Smack's sensor upgrades and distance is what allowed him to make it out. So the extraction team's mage is either powerful, overcast, there are multiples or any combination there of. In any case, my job just got harder; I love me a challenge!>>
[LINK]
QUOTE (Hip)
"The Giger job might be in play, but if someone took it personal, you would have thought they would have geeked us. That job may play into the big picture somewhere, but not sure how. It was land survey. Geological, title search, environmental, etc.- You said his wife and daughter are missing." She pauses, "Listen, he was a straight up Johnson, for as far as Johnsons go... and we owe a little payback here. Granted, just a butt-kicking and not turning them into grease stains, but our rep took a hit tonight as well as our bodies. If you'd share some of the glory, we'd pull our own and work any potential compensation directly back from Simpson." [LINK]
Redjack
I tried to give the team a new direction to jump start the game again, but it did not seem to have the desired effect...
phlapjack77
Well team, where do we go from here? How about checking out the pilot who was knocked out so that the wife/kid could be kidnapped?
phlapjack77
No opinions? Hmmmm
Redjack
I was thinking the pre-edit version myself.
Aria
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Nov 16 2013, 03:51 AM) *
Well team, where do we go from here? How about checking out the pilot who was knocked out so that the wife/kid could be kidnapped?

Sorry, been AWOL for the weekend. Sounds like a plan to me! Are the other players about still???
Saytr
Always watching
Redjack
Not sure what else do to here. I've summarized and we still seem to be hung. What can I do to move us forward?
Aria
Sorry, been swept up in SR5 fever...(and RL giving me a kicking!) we've got a hint to follow, think we just need to assume we are going after it and press on from there! Any chance of a location on the pilot being dropped on us by an NPC (apologies if it already has been!)? Then we can head over there for some gentle talking ork.gif
Redjack
Ok. How's that for a bone? smile.gif
Aria
Juicy, provided Torch can follow up on a trail nyahnyah.gif! Hope we've got access to some transport between us, Mouse doesn't fancy footing it after a helo! biggrin.gif
Thanee
Sorry, November is notoriously high-work month for me, so I havn't been paying attention too much (also, Aeryn isn't inside, so a bit passive at the moment).

Looks like things are getting into motion again... Will get myself up to speed. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Saytr
Same here nov dec retail iscrazy. Like where weare headed withthis thougha quick call to acquire a vtol or aerial transport and we will be moving again.
Saytr
Same here nov dec retail iscrazy. Like where weare headed withthis thougha quick call to acquire a vtol or aerial transport and we will be moving again.
Saytr
Saytr
Merry Christmas everyone.
Redjack
Well, I was waiting for some team member posting, but went ahead and fast forwarded to keep us going.
Aria
Thanks. Will be back to IC in the new year but probably not before...
Thanee
Yeah, christmas time is slow, usually.

Looking forward to moving ahead (so Aeryn can be a bit more active again smile.gif).

A Happy New Year! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
I think I need some excitement for Mouse.

*Evil GM Grin*

Added to the playbook.
Aria
Errr, no need, honest! biggrin.gif
Redjack
Ok. There's a ride. Time to fly...
Saytr
better price too lol. Go Zeek and his banshee. lets do this.
Redjack
Point of note: Zeek smiles a mischievous smile at Zion, but does not reply to the comment about the shape of his t-bird.
Redjack
Ready to move this forward. Just need my players to post. smile.gif
Redjack
I know I've been extremely busy with work, but it appears I only still have Satyr. Do I need to recruit replacements?
Saytr
Give it a day. I couldn't see this thread till today.
Aria
I'm still lurking, just not sure what Mouse is doing there nyahnyah.gif every time I look at the sheet I wonder why I thought a pick pocket would make a good runner lol
Saytr
we just haven't needed to steal anything yet :0
Thanee
Sorry for not being around as of late (was extremely busy). Still here, though. smile.gif

I will check the IC later and post.

Bye
Thanee
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012