Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone want to do some gaming in Pohnpei, FSM?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Wounded Ronin
I know it's a long shot. I'm in Pohnpei State in the Federated States of Micronesia.

Anyone on island who wants to do in person RPGs on the weekends or evenings???

It's the only way to stave off the madness of Cthuhlu, being as close to R'yleh as I am. Plus I think the "Ponapae Scripture" is hidden in the building where I work of course. wink.gif
pbangarth
Holy shit!

I'd love to be able to afford travelling there, just to say I did it for a game of Shadowrun.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jan 7 2013, 09:13 PM) *
Holy shit!

I'd love to be able to afford travelling there, just to say I did it for a game of Shadowrun.

Airfare with United is 50% off now!!!
Makoto
WOW...someone from the Pacific islands on Shadowrun. How's the weather over there? Temperatures above freezing in the California desert where I'm at and we have seasonal tourists known as "snowbirds" come down to stay when it's not cold nor hot as heck in the summer. Pohnpei also sounds appealing for many of us to visit to get away from it all.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Makoto @ Jan 8 2013, 11:32 AM) *
WOW...someone from the Pacific islands on Shadowrun. How's the weather over there? Temperatures above freezing in the California desert where I'm at and we have seasonal tourists known as "snowbirds" come down to stay when it's not cold nor hot as heck in the summer. Pohnpei also sounds appealing for many of us to visit to get away from it all.

The quickest way I can think to summarize the weather here is that it's like summer in Japan all year long.

There aren't really seasons per se, although slight variations in daylight may trigger various crop trees to produce edible fruit.

Basically there's one town, there's the capital, and then there's lots of jungle and small villages. It rains all the time and is very humid.

I understand the surfing is world class.
Shortstraw
Maybe someone in the embassy?
_Pax._
QUOTE (Shortstraw @ Feb 15 2013, 08:57 AM) *
Maybe someone in the embassy?

Oh, yeah, that's really good. Go to an embassy, and ask "is there anyone here who would like to play a game with me, where you pretend to be hardened violent amoral criminals performing freelance black-ops jobs for the highest bidder?"

That will end well ... hahahahahaha! rotfl.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (_Pax._ @ Feb 15 2013, 11:12 PM) *
Oh, yeah, that's really good. Go to an embassy, and ask "is there anyone here who would like to play a game with me, where you pretend to be hardened violent amoral criminals performing freelance black-ops jobs for the highest bidder?"

That will end well ... hahahahahaha! rotfl.gif

" Thank you sir, but i'm a government official and that game sounds far too much like my day job, have a nice day Chummer!"

Kliko
They have an embassy?
Shortstraw
I believe both Australia and Japan have embassies there. Also I know some people in the Australian diplomatic service two of which are gamers (also what else do people have to do there out of the heat).
Thanee
Surfing! biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012