Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Size of an assault cannon
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
StealthSigma
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jan 8 2013, 06:08 PM) *
Indeed, but the weight listed for the Solothurn S-18 is outrageous for a Man-Portable weapon. For a team, not so much; for an individual, outrageous.
At worst, it should use a Bipod. No Tripods for a single user weapon.

People in the SR world are likely a lot stronger than your average military team of today thanks to augmentations. I wouldn't rule the weight of it as being out of reach for man-portable....

Anyway, this is what I think of when I think Assault Cannon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Ua5LIj-k8

or this, but it's a bit light maybe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-56mT6durto
_Pax._
.... maybe the Anti-Boomer Heavy Rifle, of Bubblegum Crisis, would be a better match? I even found some fan-made SR2 or SR3 stats for it.
CanRay
B****es love cannons!

Needless to say, NSFW. Or children. Or most adults. Or the elderly... Or pretty much anyone else, come to think of it.
Umidori
"Oh, fuck, that's anti-tank rifle."
"OH, FUCK, THAT'S AN ANTI-TANK RIFLE!"
*BLAMMO*
*awkard laughter from Jake from Adventure Time*

I think I need to start watching this abridgement series.

And equip an assault rifle with a Weapon Personality program, set to play that laughter reel after every kill.

~Umi
Mäx
QUOTE (_Pax._ @ Jan 9 2013, 02:11 AM) *
Much larger than 25mm is possible.

The M-18 Recoilless Rifle is a 57mm weapon; the Pansarskott m/68 is a 74mm weapon. Or the AT4, for that matter - it's an 84mm weapon.

smile.gif

NOw show us one with 15 round detachable magazine cool.gif
_Pax._
QUOTE (Mäx @ Jan 9 2013, 06:21 AM) *
NOw show us one with 15 round detachable magazine cool.gif

No sweat ... Ares will come up with one in about ... *checks calendar* .... thirty or forty years. biggrin.gif
StealthSigma
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jan 9 2013, 03:17 AM) *
B****es love cannons!

Needless to say, NSFW. Or children. Or most adults. Or the elderly... Or pretty much anyone else, come to think of it.

Anyone except you...
CanRay
QUOTE (StealthSigma @ Jan 9 2013, 08:51 AM) *
Anyone except you...
Well, considering all three parents I had to raise as a single child growing up, I'm warped beyond any form of corruption...
Shaidar
I always envisioned a weapon firing an explosive projectile bigger than a 40mm Grenade launcher in a less direct trajectory than you'd use with a Sniper/AT Rifle.
KarmaInferno
Obligatory Link.

-k
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jan 8 2013, 11:17 PM) *
B****es love cannons!

Goddamnit Canray. I had to watch that whole damn thing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012