Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The GITS IP and it's new Iterations
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Stahlseele
As if what they are planning / doing with the GITS Arise Prequel wasn't bad enough . .
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2...-be-hacking-fps
Yes, they are making an FPS out of it too . .
DamHawke
Not sure if want indifferent.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (DamHawke @ Feb 14 2013, 03:08 PM) *
Not sure if want indifferent.gif

but will probably get ... not sure how interesting a "Hacking" FPS will be .. sounds kinda repetitive IMO
Critias
Hell, I'm in.

The cool things about GitS is that it keeps happening over and over and over again. I get to cherry pick which versions of it I totally love, and which ones I'm "meh" about. Watching the new trailer last night my wife was all "Uhh, do we need more GitS?" And I just hollereed at her with "We always need more GitS! Maybe I'll love every single thing about it, this time!"

It's a terribly hit-or-miss franchise for me, but it's not like each new iteration undoes previous ones, or wipes them from canon, or retcons them away.
Stahlseele
Have you seen what they are pulling with the Prequel Arise? <.<
Lionhearted
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Feb 14 2013, 02:46 PM) *
Yes, they are making an FPS out of it too . .

Remember, remember
the license offenders
that brought shadows without any plot.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Lionhearted @ Feb 14 2013, 05:24 PM) *
Remember, remember
the license offenders
that brought shadows without any plot.

dude, no need to bring that one up . .

anyway, if they use the older character designs, i might be placated by that . .
StealthSigma
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Feb 14 2013, 11:55 AM) *
Have you seen what they are pulling with the Prequel Arise? <.<

What are they doing? I thought the picture that was included in the article in your first post to be interesting. It has Motoko and Saito on it and I'm not sure who the third person is, it reminds me of Batou but it's too different. It also kind of looks like Proto. That's a rather odd choice of characters to use.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (StealthSigma @ Feb 14 2013, 07:47 PM) *
What are they doing? I thought the picture that was included in the article in your first post to be interesting. It has Motoko and Saito on it and I'm not sure who the third person is, it reminds me of Batou but it's too different. It also kind of looks like Proto. That's a rather odd choice of characters to use.

No no no, the article UP THERE is only for the FPS . .
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-...etails-outlined

here's one for the anime . .
she looks more like Kaneda from AKIRA or some character from the Metropolis Anime than Motoko from GITS <.<

if you don't mind going to an NSFW Page, sankaku complex has some more pictures and text . .
Critias
I'm not saying it's gonna be good. I'm saying that I'm gonna check it out and maybe it will be good, but at any rate it's (a) got to be better than nothing, and (b) not going to retroactively make me dislike or destroy the GitS stuff I already have and like.
StealthSigma
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Feb 14 2013, 02:51 PM) *
No no no, the article UP THERE is only for the FPS . .
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-...etails-outlined

here's one for the anime . .
she looks more like Kaneda from AKIRA or some character from the Metropolis Anime than Motoko from GITS <.<

if you don't mind going to an NSFW Page, sankaku complex has some more pictures and text . .

I'm tentatively excited about it. I will say that my favorite episode from 2nd Gig was the poker episode. Based on some of the text "Motoko in 501st secret unit", it seems like this version might explain a back story on how Section 9 was formed. It will also potentially provide for if Saito was bluffing with the story in the poker episode or not.
Stahlseele
it will also, probably, mean no Tachikomas at all . .
which is a damn crying shame! my favourite characters!
i cried man(l)y tears at both ends of the SAC seasons! x.x
ChromeZephyr
Hmmm. It's not the Motoko I know, but I'm still intrigued. I've still got to finish 2nd Gig, it's sitting on my shelf giving me the evil eye.
Stahlseele
[HORRIBLY NSFW PAGE]
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2013/02/17/i...-was-awful-too/
[/HORRIBLY NSFW PAGE]
even the makers of arise think it sucks . .
Blade
All GITS manga/anime I've read/seen are often full of interesting characters, but Motoko has never been one of them.
Stahlseele
she ain't supposed to be really interesting.
she's just the centerpiece / eyecandy that brings the rest together.
she's really good (looking) at that. Well, was in the looks department it seems <.<
StealthSigma
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Feb 19 2013, 06:19 AM) *
she ain't supposed to be really interesting.
she's just the centerpiece / eyecandy that brings the rest together.
she's really good (looking) at that. Well, was in the looks department it seems <.<

There's nothing exceptional to her (compared to the rest of section 9) with the sole possible exception of her hand to hand skill. What's exceptional about her is her breadth of skill and her risk taking nature.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012