Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Circles of Power [Re-recruitment]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Aria
I am looking for additional players (to join Johnny Awsome) who would like to explore characters who are the rich and famous (and above all beautiful!); European nobles on the Grand Tour, offspring of corporate tycoons, sim starlets, high class mobsters and other people of power and influence.

The game will be set in and around Europe, principally in the UK as I know the most about that area. I’ll be using bits from Jet Set, Corp Conspiracy Theories, Clutch of Dragons and whatever my own twisted imagination can conjure up.

The game will run as a series of snapshots rather than trying to string out a traditional ‘run.’ At the moment I have one dedicated player who is having fun (I hope!) but he could do with some other players to interact with. I would like things to be character driven as you each pursue your own agendas (whatever they may be) along with an overarching plot line that will develop with time. The group will be linked by membership of the Ordo Nobilis (someone with more than pseudo Latin may be able to tell me what that should really be?!?), an Old Boys network dedicated to maintaining the status quo.

Players will roughly build a central character who will be the person of power. Whatever you choose you will need to have a stake in the action and a reason to work with (or possibly against?!?) the other players.

Main character generation will be a bit different as befits the nature of the game:

Instead of attributes, skills and gear I would like you to spread some points of sphere of influence and resources (see below), pick up a couple of qualities and choose an entourage. Not many D will be rolled as your main character (if any) but if we need to I will probably ask for a combination of two from below and count these as bought hits (or you can roll the equivalent!)

Sphere of Influence (6 points to spend, max 3, min 0 across these three):
  • Corporate / Media
  • Aristocracy / Magical Society
  • Shadows / Underworld

Resources: (6 points to spend, max 3, min 0 across these three)
  • Mundane
  • Magical
  • Matrix

Contacts:
6x Connection 5 or 6 contacts (probably should be based around your sphere of influence points above). Any number of connection 4 or lower contacts (don’t worry about listing these now but the more information you can give me the better!). You don’t need to determine loyalty, that will be up to me and the background info you give me on each contact.

Qualities:
3 negative and 3 positive, points don’t matter or have to balance as this is more about defining you character than game benefits. Linked qualities (ie Magician and Mentor Spirit) count as one. Fame, Born Rich, Family Name etc are all free in addition to these. There is some flexibility in this so ask if you want something!

Gear / Ware / Spells Etc:
Given your positions of power you have access to more or less whatever you want here (essence limits still apply). Obvious combat mods and more extreme ware will have social stigma attached to them, after all, you are mixing with the kinds of people who get others to do their dirty work for them. You get free luxury lifestyles in various locations, this is a chance to go to town on the details of decadent living that most runners can only dimly dream of!

Entourage:
Speaking of dirty work; you will have access to an entourage (1-3 key N/PCs) that will allow you to undertake more dubious activities that you wouldn’t normally get involved in (there will be some opportunities for shadowrunner type activity in the game). Don’t worry, I don’t expect stats for these extras (unless you really want to), a small background write-up will be sufficient and then we will base them on built 400BP archetypes, UmaroVIs alternatives, other 400BP builds you can lay your hands on or leave them stat free for non-combatants.

So, any questions, observations, anything else…?

Happy to discuss things here but when you are ready can you post a character breakdown in the 2072 OoC thread here…? IC will take place in the 2072 IC thread with a header that identifies which sub-thread the action is about. Yes, this means that there will be lots of stuff going on not directly linked to CoP but hopefully it still makes interesting reading, or you can just ignore the stuff not directly related to your thread. There will be some interconnectivity through the various sub threads, for example the drakes that Johnny Awesome is currently bandying words with have appeared in Emerging: Promised Land and may link in to others.
JxJxA
Whoa, I didn't realize we could skip most of the char building stuff. A game where I can just write and futz around while being greedy noble? Heck yes, sign me up!
Foxx
color me curious. I'll work out something I see befitting this setting. Not some slouch who just got lucky one day, though thats an option too nyahnyah.gif
Aria
Great. I've got some interest from Mister Juan too and I think he'll post something into the OoC thread soon. Looking forward to seeing you all at the party biggrin.gif

The current IC for the game is swinging along at a party hosted in the NeoNet tower in east Oxford (UK), August 20th, 2072. If you want to jump in there great, or feel free to start elsewhere as the mood takes you, I like to think I'm flexible nyahnyah.gif

To anyone else watching, recruitment is always open so jump on board any time!
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Aria @ Feb 19 2013, 03:39 PM) *
Great. I've got some interest from Mister Juan too and I think he'll post something into the OoC thread soon.

And it's done!
ChromeZephyr
I've got an idea kicking around in the back of my head, I'll let it work itself out a bit more overnight. Already in two 2072 threads, what's one more, neh?
Aria
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Feb 19 2013, 11:11 PM) *
I've got an idea kicking around in the back of my head, I'll let it work itself out a bit more overnight. Already in two 2072 threads, what's one more, neh?

Exactly!!! biggrin.gif
ChromeZephyr
Just as a heads up, I'm still planning on being in the game, just hit some storyline snags with my character and need to work them out. With an unplanned day off of work tomorrow and a booked weekend, it'll be Monday at the earliest before I post him. I was planning on having him start at the NeoNET party, but can play catch-up if you need to advance from there.
Aria
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Feb 22 2013, 04:40 AM) *
Just as a heads up, I'm still planning on being in the game, just hit some storyline snags with my character and need to work them out. With an unplanned day off of work tomorrow and a booked weekend, it'll be Monday at the earliest before I post him. I was planning on having him start at the NeoNET party, but can play catch-up if you need to advance from there.

Whenever you can, there's no real rush. I expect the party will be going on for a while yet smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012