Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Missions Rule Question on Attitude rules & Fashion spell
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
PittsburghRPGA
Just wanted to see if this was kosher or not.

Played Shadowrun Missions, and through extreme good luck, have managed to capture a full suit of Mil-Spec light armor with it's helmet.

I was told a Mage can use the Fashion spell to re-tailor it to my PC's size?

And no, not that I expect to ever be running around in it. I get that "Ork in Mil-Spec armor with an Assault Rifle" will call out 2 or 3 Knight Errant SWAT teams with Mage support in each.

I just wanted to confirm that was indeed kosher.

Thanks,

Eric
Shortstraw
It seems good (whether it is missions legal is another story) but don't forget that milspec armour will have object resistance of 6+ and you will need 2 nets hits so 8+ hits would be required.
PittsburghRPGA
So, hard, but not impossible with 14ish Dice. Maybe summon a spirt of 4-6 force for an aid sorcery test to bump that a bit easier.

So, can be done with a bit of forethought even by new 400BP Mage of the right tradition. Interesting.

Just have to wait and see if that part of Attitude is being used then.

Thanks,

Eric

KCKitsune
QUOTE (PittsburghRPGA @ Mar 19 2013, 12:27 PM) *
So, hard, but not impossible with 14ish Dice. Maybe summon a spirt of 4-6 force for an aid sorcery test to bump that a bit easier.

So, can be done with a bit of forethought even by new 400BP Mage of the right tradition. Interesting.

Just have to wait and see if that part of Attitude is being used then.

Thanks,

Eric

Since it takes multiple rounds to make it permanent, do you get multiple rounds of casting to get net hits?
phlapjack77
QUOTE (PittsburghRPGA @ Mar 20 2013, 01:27 AM) *

I think you need a bound spirit for it to aid sorcery (SR4A p187). Still not impossible, but harder and costlier to do...
Bull
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Mar 27 2013, 09:37 PM) *
Since it takes multiple rounds to make it permanent, do you get multiple rounds of casting to get net hits?

No. It;s a single cast, then it needs to be maintained. Consider it something of a small ritual casting.
pbangarth
Also consider that, though the final product has to cover roughly the same surface area and weigh as much as the original, it doesn't have to look the same. That's the whole point of Fashion. So your character could have boots+pants+jacket+hoody that protect like mil-spec armor.
Bull
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Mar 28 2013, 06:55 PM) *
Also consider that, though the final product has to cover roughly the same surface area and weigh as much as the original, it doesn't have to look the same. That's the whole point of Fashion. So your character could have boots+pants+jacket+hoody that protect like mil-spec armor.

I'm not sure I'd allow that, honestly. You could redo it so it looks vaguely like those, but it's still going to have the same mass and thickness as the Milspec Armor. And Milspec Armor is basically space marine power armor.
KarmaInferno
Making it look like cold weather gear or enviro-hazard gear might be doable. Just as long as it's heavy and bulky as the original.

Then again, why start with milspec armor when you can get almost the same absurd levels of armor with PPP + FFBA + Armor clothing + armor coating of choice? smile.gif

-k
PittsburghRPGA
Why have MilSpec armor?

Well, my Missions Go-Ganger didn't start with MilSpec armor, she obtained milspec armor by helping to defeat a group of very well armed Mercenaries.

Because with normal armor, encumberance starts at BodyX2 and with MilSpec it starts at BodyX3 (AR, pg 50). And because those Mercs were a bit unbalanced, it also has Mobility 2 (AR, pg 51), which means I can exceed that limit by 4 additional points without penalty to my Agility and Reaction. Road Rash Doll has a Body of 7, so 7X3+4=25 Ballistic and Impact if I add the right addons with no penalty. Oh wait, form fitting full Body suit is +6/+2 Ballistic but only counts half towards encumbrance, so 28/26 without penalty. That ain't just Space Marine armor, that's damn near Terminator Space Marine armor.

And for the record, I don't know what scenario she's going to find that's going to scare her enough to want to walk the streets of Seattle (or hell, even in the Barrens) in that. But it's got me a bit afraid. Especially since Saeder-Krup is making an appearance in the mods and there might be Great Dragon involvement at some point.

Because, oh yeah, those damn Mercs had high velocity assault rifles and the armor also has the built in gyro mount thing, so once I paid for a personalized grip and factored in the 1 point of RC from a high STR, in the mil spec armor, full auto from the HVAR is only at a -1 die penalty. It's fraggin crazy. And any time a Shadowrun DM lets you have that kind of stuff, there's a scenario coming down the pipe that you're going to need it.

Frankly, I'm going to start paying for an advanced lifestyle high security shipping contained that's also a faraday cage just to have a safe place to hide that stuff.

E

PS. Not that I've figured it out past the 12/10 Base + 2/2 Military Helmet + 6/2 FFFBS + 2/4 SecurePPP (I don't believe my ork can wear two helmets with just the one head regardless of some folks arguments otherwise) for a total of 22/16 counting as 19/15 towards encumbrance. I suppose I could save up toward some dermal plating or orthoskin and figure out what sort of clothes to wear over the FFFBA and under the MilSpec?
BishopMcQ
The Military Armor rules quite clearly state that "No other armor can be worn with military armor" except for the helmet.

Remember that you will need to find and remove all the security tags (they are hardened to be immune to Tag Erasers)
PittsburghRPGA
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Mar 29 2013, 10:53 AM) *
The Military Armor rules quite clearly state that "No other armor can be worn with military armor" except for the helmet.

Remember that you will need to find and remove all the security tags (they are hardened to be immune to Tag Erasers)

Security tags I knew had to replaced.

But that no other armor bit that I didn't notice. That makes it considerably less useful to orks and trolls.

Well, except for the gyromount and the nice commlink the helmet has built into it.

Still, that shit is getting stuck in a Faraday cage enabled secure shipping container.

Eric
KarmaInferno
Yeah, that's why I asked, "Why MilSpec?"

MilSpec has to be used nearly as-is, whereas regular armor can accept all sorts of modifications.

Example:
Vashon Island Steampunk line - 7/7
Delta Amyloid - 3/1
Form Fitting Body Armor - 6/2
SecureTech Personal Protection Piecemeal System - 2/6

Total: 18/16, same as Heavy MilSpec with Helmet

Encumbrance is 15/15. Or, 12/14, if your GM does not consider the Delta Amyloid to count toward Encumbrance - if so, adding Softweave can mean a person with Body as low as 6 can wear the outfit with no penalty.

-k
Bull
Yeah. And this is why armor needs fixed badly in 5th edition. That stacking shit has gotta go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012