Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Compatability with Mobile Chummer
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Solracd
So...this program is awesome!

I'm trying to work with my S3 (Mobile Runner) but I can't get it to fully populate all the tabs (contacts, gear, etc). It works for all the files I download but not my own!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Sol
Buccaneer
Hi Sol

First guess: You tried to download the file from a cloud service e.g. Dropbox. If so, it could be possible that you didn't used the correct url and downloaded the login interface of the service instead of the correct file. So please check out if you use the correct URL. If so and the error still occurs please send me the .chum file to the email address given in the About page.
Mach_Ten
there's a Mobile version of Chummer ? or is OP confusing me here ?
bannockburn
There's an app called mobile runner for iOS and Android, which can open .chum xml files. It has a few bugs, and the author is someone from the Pegasus forums, IIRC (I'm guessing he's called Buccaneer here wink.gif )
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Apr 4 2013, 03:06 PM) *
There's an app called mobile runner for iOS and Android, which can open .chum xml files. It has a few bugs, and the author is someone from the Pegasus forums, IIRC (I'm guessing he's called Buccaneer here wink.gif )

oh, mobile Runner .. not mobile chummer .. damn frown.gif
I tried that .. but for me it's easier to just print a chummer file to HTML and open it on mobile browser.

gaming on a tablet / phone is something I have considered but the constant pencil strokes and erasing is something pen & paper does perfectly smile.gif

call me old smile.gif
Jyster
Mobile runner for ipad is basically a dice roller.

The ipad version does not seem to open chummer files.

I really wished there was a chummer ipad or android version.

The directions to upload files is terrible.

Finally was able to load characters on it, its ok, not as good as the chummer character sheet.

I finally had to use dropbox, then share the file, take the url, and put into character download, then it works.
Buccaneer
QUOTE (Jyster @ Apr 15 2013, 09:44 PM) *
The directions to upload files is terrible.

As english is not my mother tongue my wording might be a little bit complicated.
Feel free to contribute a better wording smile.gif
Jyster
After the installation of Mobile Runner, you should find a folder called "mobileRunner" on your memory card. If you copy your .chum file there, it should be listed.

So how do you do this on an iPad?
bannockburn
QUOTE (Jyster @ Apr 24 2013, 02:01 AM) *
So how do you do this on an iPad?

Unfortunately, you don't.
In other apps like this you can use the file-sharing option of iTunes, but in Mobile Runner, this isn't available.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012