Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dungeons and Dragons Arcade
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
CanRay
Well, this is some good news!

Anyone else interested, and, if so, what platform. I want to get some good ol' fashioned dungeon delving in, and this is the only probable way I can do it with folks online.
Fabe
Yes,yes I am interested,I'll be getting it for the either the 360 or the PC.
Mach_Ten
OH my GOD .. they ripped off Golden Axe !!!
DamHawke
Was thinking the very same thing. Definitely getting this for the PC wink.gif
_Pax._
Yeah. It was a blatant Golden Axe ripoff, with the D&D logo and IP slapped (haphazardly) on it.
CanRay
Decided to get it on both PC and X-Box. With a USB X-Box Controller so I can use that on both as well.

I'm just hoping I can play with folks here, as it'll be the closest I can RP with you guys. frown.gif
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (_Pax._ @ Apr 15 2013, 09:19 AM) *
Yeah. It was a blatant Golden Axe ripoff, with the D&D logo and IP slapped (haphazardly) on it.

I don't think they even reskinned the dwarf.
Lionhearted
Well it's good to see the D&D license is put to good use!
I mean it couldn't be used for something like Dark sun, or Planescape... or heavens forbid! Forgotten Realms where they didn't fuck up the mythos... *sigh*
No wonder bioware gave the rights for Dragon Age to Green Ronin...
CanRay
This is a HD Remaster of two, 20-year old arcade games BTW folks, soon up for sale.
Fabe
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Apr 15 2013, 10:31 AM) *
OH my GOD .. they ripped off Golden Axe !!!

QUOTE (_Pax._ @ Apr 15 2013, 12:19 PM) *

And this is a bad thing why? Also I'm pretty sure that Golden Ax wasn't the only fantasy themed brawler ever made.
_Pax._
It's a bad thing, because it wasn't reallt D&D. It was just a GA ripoff, with a bit of new paint slapped around, and a new logo.

Even at the time, they could have done something different, MORE D&D-ish.
Fabe
QUOTE (_Pax._ @ Apr 15 2013, 08:01 PM) *
It's a bad thing, because it wasn't reallt D&D. It was just a GA ripoff, with a bit of new paint slapped around, and a new logo.

Even at the time, they could have done something different, MORE D&D-ish.

Lets see it had leveling ,treasure you could collect and use to buy new equipment and branching paths. All things that golden ax did not have so I would not call it a golden axe rip off.
_Pax._
QUOTE (Fabe @ Apr 16 2013, 12:07 AM) *
Lets see it had leveling ,treasure you could collect and use to buy new equipment and branching paths. All things that golden ax did not have so I would not call it a golden axe rip off.

Levelling and treasure-gathering is not really "D&D and nothing else". It's more like "typical fantasy RPG of the day".

*shrug*
Blade
It had d&d character class with D&D class ability. The cleric has D&D cleric spell, the mage had D&D mage spell, the equipment you could find was D&D equipment, etc.

It's as much a Golden Axe rip-off as Golden-Axe was a Double Dragon rip-off with a fantasy theme slapped around and a new logo. And Double Dragon was already a rip-off of Kung-fu master, etc.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Blade @ Apr 16 2013, 11:18 AM) *
It had d&d character class with D&D class ability. The cleric has D&D cleric spell, the mage had D&D mage spell, the equipment you could find was D&D equipment, etc.

It's as much a Golden Axe rip-off as Golden-Axe was a Double Dragon rip-off with a fantasy theme slapped around and a new logo. And Double Dragon was already a rip-off of Kung-fu master, etc.

Yeah but I'm only old enough to remember fond times with Golden Axe !

albeit, accompanied with some REALLY bad times trying to pull off the special moves and jumping onto the dinosaur mount things !
... thus (from 30 seconds of a youtube clip) it is a blatant rip off of my entire childhood and I call it as such as is my right.

age dependant, YMMV biggrin.gif spin.gif
Fabe
QUOTE (_Pax._ @ Apr 16 2013, 04:49 AM) *
Levelling and treasure-gathering is not really "D&D and nothing else". It's more like "typical fantasy RPG of the day".

*shrug*

OK I'll agree with that but the game is still not a rip off of Golden Ax,more like typical "Brawler/beat em up arcade game of the day" Other wise Burger King is a rip off of McDonald's and Areosmith is a rip off of the Rolling stones.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012