Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How big is a dracoform?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
FuelDrop
Pretty much exactly as the title says, I want to know how big a drake's dracoform is.
Stahlseele
About 4m tall i think.
A good bit taller than a Troll, but not more than twice as big as a human.
Yes, 4m is very small for a dragonoid. Small Dragons start at 12m including tail and it only goes up from there.
FuelDrop
Thanks, but as it turns out I'm an idiot as someone has already made this thread back in 2009.

My bad for not doing a search before posting *facepalm*
Ixal
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 14 2013, 01:46 PM) *
About 4m tall i think.
A good bit taller than a Troll, but not more than twice as big as a human.
Yes, 4m is very small for a dragonoid. Small Dragons start at 12m including tail and it only goes up from there.

I don't think they are that tall.
Normal western dragons have only a shoulder height of 3 meters with a 20 meter body and 17 meter tail at average (Peri for example is only 18 meter long it total).
The 4 meters is probably the length of the drake. Shoulder height would then probably be more around 1 meter.
Stahlseele
A Drake with a shoulder height of only 1m would be smaller than a Dorf.
Are you SURE you want a Dragon that Trolls can accidentally step on? O.o

Drakes are humanoid. Meaning they have 2 rear legs and 2 Arms and a longer Neck and Head.
In Addition they get 2 Wings and a Tail.

Do you remember the Disney Animated Series Gargoyles?
Think Goliath here, just about twice as tall and scaley.
Ixal
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 14 2013, 05:34 PM) *
Drakes are humanoid. Meaning they have 2 rear legs and 2 Arms and a longer Neck and Head.
In Addition they get 2 Wings and a Tail.

Where is that stated? All entries I have read says that their dracoform is a small dragon which would mean quadrupled.
Stahlseele
Look at any Artwork of a Drake you can find.
I'll point you towards Dragons of the 6th World where you can actually See the Drake in Comparision to a Troll.
Fatum
I'd say that at any given time a dracoform is about 3 to infinity times larger than you'd want it to be.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Fatum @ Apr 14 2013, 08:07 PM) *
I'd say that at any given time a dracoform is about 3 to infinity times larger than you'd want it to be.

That only goes when it's on the wrong side of a Crosshair.
Fatum
With dracoforms, there is no right side of a crosshair.
Never ever.
Stahlseele
Well, ever had one of them point a PAC over your Shoulder at somebody?
It helps.
Fatum
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 14 2013, 10:18 PM) *
Well, ever had one of them point a PAC over your Shoulder at somebody?
It helps.
For that to happen, you need to be dealing with a dragon. Think about it.
Ixal
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 14 2013, 06:03 PM) *
Look at any Artwork of a Drake you can find.
I'll point you towards Dragons of the 6th World where you can actually See the Drake in Comparision to a Troll.

No idea which picture you mean. The one next to the drake rules looks positively quadrupled to me as does the eastern drake in Runners Companion.
And personally I trust text much more than artwork and all the text says small dragons. I haven't found any instance that says their dracoform is humanoid. In Dragons of the 6th world it is even described that they are usually 2-3 meters long. And I don't see a humanoid creatures length getting measured instead height.
vladski
QUOTE (Fatum @ Apr 14 2013, 01:07 PM) *

Which is why you NEVER want to flush an unwanted one down the toilet. Think of the sewers!

Vlad
Umidori
"It was big. Really, really big. No, bigger than that. Even bigger. Keep going. More. No, more. Look, we're talking krakens and dreadnaughts for jewelry. It was big!"

~Arna Kennerüd, skyknight
SpellBinder
Quote for the BFM (Big Furry Monster) magic cards from Unglued, right?
Umidori
Ding, Ding, Ding! We have a winner! Give the man a cigar!

~Umi
dertechie
Since all the Dracoforms in RC give +2 Body (or +4 and +1 Reach for Western Dracoforms), and Body is often used as a (very rough) proxy for size, it would make sense for the drake dracoforms to be on the same scale as their metahuman form, but a bit larger. Maybe 3-5 meters long including tail for a human, limbs on the order of a meter long (maybe two for a Western dracoform).
Lionhearted
It's amusing to me that people keep refering to three to five meter long reptiles as "not that big" ...
Also I think that western drakes having reach have to do with long necks rather then being proportionally bigger.
Shaidar
SR4a pg 303-304
Eastern Dragons 2m tall, 15m body, 15m tail - Body 14, Strength 35
Feathered Serpents 20m long, 15m wingspan - Body 12, Strength 30
Leviathans 25m long - Body 13, Strength 35
Western Dragon 3m tall, 20m body, 17m tail, 30m wingspan - Body 15, Strength 40

Great Dragons are +50% larger than standard Dracoform - Body +10, Strength +10

All of the dragon stats measure them while on all fours and not standing erect on two legs like humans. Great dragons are 50% larger than their non-great cousins, giving Drakes 50% of the Dracoform Height/Length seams appropriate. I'd say a 1m tall, 7 meter long Drake would seem appropriate. That gives a Drake arms as long as 1 meter hence their Reach bonus.
Ixal
QUOTE (Shaidar @ Apr 17 2013, 09:20 AM) *
SR4a pg 303-304
Eastern Dragons 2m tall, 15m body, 15m tail - Body 14, Strength 35
Feathered Serpents 20m long, 15m wingspan - Body 12, Strength 30
Leviathans 25m long - Body 13, Strength 35
Western Dragon 3m tall, 20m body, 17m tail, 30m wingspan - Body 15, Strength 40

Great Dragons are +50% larger than standard Dracoform - Body +10, Strength +10

All of the dragon stats measure them while on all fours and not standing erect on two legs like humans. Great dragons are 50% larger than their non-great cousins, giving Drakes 50% of the Dracoform Height/Length seams appropriate. I'd say a 1m tall, 7 meter long Drake would seem appropriate. That gives a Drake arms as long as 1 meter hence their Reach bonus.

Sounds reasonable.
Don't forget that dragons also have long necks. So even with "just" 1 meter shoulder height they would be able to look most metahumans directly into the eyes even when standing on all fours.
Non western drakes would be smaller, but feathered serpents would stand taller as they have no front claws to rest their weight on and eastern drakes could simply levitate up (or rear up more as they use levitation to support their body).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012