Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Combat Cocktails
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
yesferatu
Hey there,

So I recently built a chemist and I had some drug rules questions.
1. Is it possible to take additional doses of the same drug? What happens? Is everything doubled or is it always just the single effect?
2. Can you mix drugs and what happens when you do? Can I mix Jazz and Cram for 3 IPs?
3. How do you determine the ingredients for each drug/toxin and how do you get them?
4. Can a player make deep weed?
BishopMcQ
1--I would extend the duration or restart the timer. (And treat it as multiple doses for OD quantities and addiction tests.)
2-You can mix drugs, doing so applies penalties to your Addiction tests to resist worsening your addiction. (Mixing Drugs, Arsenal 73). I would apply the highest modifier rather than the sum.
3-It's an abstract mechanic, check out the Chemistry Active Skill (Arsenal 78)
4-Awakened drugs are made from Awakened plants, and cannot be synthesized in the lab. If you got the right plant, a green thumb and the proper nutrients, you could probably grow some. The details would be up to your GM.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
You can make Awakend Drugs. You need the raw materials to do so, and the right skill (Enchanting (Alchemy), IIRC, not Chemistry).
BishopMcQ
Tymaeus--You might be thinking of Magical Compounds, instead of Awakened Drugs. Arsenal 77 agrees that alchemy is used for Magical Compounds, but Awakened Drugs are a different classification.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Apr 16 2013, 04:33 PM) *
Tymaeus--You might be thinking of Magical Compounds, instead of Awakened Drugs. Arsenal 77 agrees that alchemy is used for Magical Compounds, but Awakened Drugs are a different classification.

Sorry BishopMcQ... You are absolutely right, I was indeed thinking of Magical Compounds... I always seem to get those things confused with each other.
BishopMcQ
Tymaeus--No worries, they were put right next to each other in the book and have similar names. It'd probably be easier if the rules for purifying the drugs were the same as the compounds.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Apr 17 2013, 08:08 AM) *
Tymaeus--No worries, they were put right next to each other in the book and have similar names. It'd probably be easier if the rules for purifying the drugs were the same as the compounds.

Agreed... I think we use Alchemy for the drugs as well (for the one character who actually does such things), just by association.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012