Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2
CanRay
Ghostbusters, Winnipeg Teaser:

*Black Screen With White Text*

The Supernatural is on the rise.

Ghosts are running rampant.

Demons are coming out of the woodwork.

The walls between worlds are getting thinner and thinner.

The Murder Capital of Canada is becoming more and more dangerous every day…

Who are you going to call?

*Scene: A yellowed brick building with “MASONIC TEMPLE” written on the top, “1895” written in the middle, and a “Ghostbusters” banner just under the date. Twin doors open outwards revealing a secretary’s desk at the far end of the room, as red and yellow emergency lights begin to flash from the ceiling. A metal ramp moves slowly downwards and the camera moves forward, down the ramp as it lowers to reveal a 6’6” intense looking man wearing a Ghostbusters Jumpsuit staring right at the camera while standing in front of a 1968 VW Bus. The camera finally settles on a close-up of his face as he continues to stare right into the screen, and possibly the viewer’s very souls*

Desmond: “Us.

Subtitled: Doctor Desmond Phips
Nuclear Physicist
Parapsychologist
Scientist
Ghostbuster

*Fade to Ghostbusters, Winnipeg Logo, hold for four seconds, fade to black*
Stahlseele
wat.
CanRay
Scene. The doors are bigger and "Barn Style" in the game, however...
Stahlseele
That Picture looks like it says "Sonic Temple" up there.
Which means it's either a Church of Sound or a Kult of Speed o.O
CanRay
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 22 2013, 08:34 AM) *
That Picture looks like it says "Sonic Temple" up there.
Which means it's either a Church of Sound or a Kult of Speed o.O
You missed the "MA" in front of the "SONIC". nyahnyah.gif

It's just an old Masonic Temple that had a really bad case of Black Mold and had to be gutted internally of all the flooring. It's been for sale forever, so I got to build the place to my own liking in my mind. I'll draw crappy maps later.

A cult of speed would *NOT* be using a VW Bus. Maybe an old model VW Bug with a Porche engine (They had the same mounts, so were interchangeable, apparently.).
Stahlseele
ah, i see ^^
CanRay
There are quite a few projects currently in development, however. One of which may include a DeLorean or a Bricklin SV-1 unless we can get a contract with Volkswagen to demonstrate their line of vehicles. Other options include a used 1990 Harley-Davidson Police Surplus Electra Glide that would be purchased at a police auction or a SUV of unknown year and make. As well as quite a few more modifications to the personal equipment, one of which includes a custom jumpsuit for one of the new hires (Who makes even Dr. Phips look small!).
Seriously Mike
QUOTE (CanRay @ Apr 22 2013, 03:54 PM) *
It's just an old Masonic Temple that had a really bad case of Black Mold and had to be gutted internally of all the flooring. It's been for sale forever, so I got to build the place to my own liking in my mind. I'll draw crappy maps later.

Wow, what's the price then?
CanRay
QUOTE (Seriously Mike @ Apr 23 2013, 06:43 AM) *
Wow, what's the price then?
I don't know in 1995 (the rough date we're using for when the game happens) but one price I've seen online is CAN$18K to buy. Others I've seen are "For Lease: TBD".

Considering the age of the building, and its construction (Give the Masons this, they know how to BUILD!), it's a great fixer-upper.

Anyone interested in the other (unedited) items I've worked on for Ghostbusters, Winnipeg?
Stahlseele
18k . . i might actually be able to afford that . .
CanRay
Ghostbusters, Winnipeg is:
Dr. Desmond Phips: Scientist, Parapsychologist, Ghostbuster, Played by: John Candy.
Dr. Rodger MacPhearson, Medical Doctor, Played by: Samuel L. Jackson.
Dr. Andy Reshen, Psychologist and Parapsychologist, Skirt Chaser, Played by: Timothy Dalton.
Sgt. Lucas Brute (Ret.), Experimental Equipment Technician, Ghost Puncher, Played by: Richard Moll.
Tim Heisenberg, Rich Haunted Debutant, Played by: Bryan Cranston.
Judy Death, Goth Wheelwoman, Played by: Pauley Perrette.

And, just recently signed to the cast is... Betty White!
Mach_Ten
Sorry, I think I may have slipped into a coma and missed several years of my life in which CanRay has been ..... busy

Or

He's been at the Medicinal Brandy again.

Ummm... question is .. do I get on the fun bus? or call the men in white coats..
CanRay
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Apr 24 2013, 05:20 AM) *
Sorry, I think I may have slipped into a coma and missed several years of my life in which CanRay has been ..... busy
When am I not busy?
He's been at the Medicinal Brandy again.
Actually, I'm drying out while my arm heals, trying to stay off every type of non-prescribed drug aside from caffeine to help my bone grow. There's... A good reason for that. frown.gif
Ummm... question is .. do I get on the fun bus? or call the men in white coats..
Fun bus. Definitely the fun bus. biggrin.gif
Mach_Ten
so, ummm what snake oil are you trying to sell here ? I think I missed the reference smile.gif

or is this the premise for a new game you want someone to run for you .. one day ... soon™
CanRay
One of the people in my group has decided to put up the GM Screen and take on Ghostbusters. I finally get to play.

Hopefully.

More than, like, one game then have everything fall apart.

Like it has for the last seven years.
pbangarth
18 K???

Shit, it's almost worth moving to Winnipeg just to be able to reno that cool old building.
CanRay
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Apr 24 2013, 09:46 PM) *
18 K???

Shit, it's almost worth moving to Winnipeg just to be able to reno that cool old building.
Downtown isn't exactly the best neighborhood. That said, the Masons know how to BUILD, and I'm sure the foundation is just as sound as it was when it was laid down.

But you'd be Renovating from the foundation, and having to deal with Canada's Heritage Building Laws. Which is what I think is scaring off most investors.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (CanRay @ Apr 25 2013, 12:50 AM) *
One of the people in my group has decided to put up the GM Screen and take on Ghostbusters. I finally get to play.

notworthy.gif to the GM, long may he prosper !

In my limited experience, the key to successful gaming is "Bribe the GM early, bribe the GM often!"

oh, and good luck with the healing et al, bone breakages are never good (coming from the guy that has so far only ever fractured his little toe, means not a lot I imagine smile.gif ) expecially with ... complications.

I've been sober for going on 10 years now, strangely since I left the military, Hmmmm coincidence ? ... with the odd break for weddings and other special occasions... like fridays ... fridays are special too ! biggrin.gif and I do find that Mountain Dew is a very satisfying substitute, or Cherry Coke ! .. that's good too
QUOTE (CanRay @ Apr 25 2013, 04:40 AM) *
having to deal with Canada's Heritage Building Laws. Which is what I think is scaring off most investors.

this always strikes me as odd, the UK has similar restrictions...

sometimes it feels like they may as well just say "Frag it ... we'd rather the place rot and molder than let you young 'uns near it to actually do something positive!"
pbangarth
Yeah, then the permits are given to do something like this to the old armouries in London, Ontario:

LINK

CanRay
Ghostbusters, Winnipeg Commercial:

*Green Text On Black Background*

When the world is in danger...

When the cold winds blow through the very souls of everyone around...

When death itself is at your very door...

Who are you going to call?

*Melody Anderson answers the telephone*: “Ghostbusters, Winnipeg, how can I direct your call?”

*Montage of scenes showing a VW Bus as an Ectomobile*: [Announcer]: From the Big Apple to the Great White North, Ghostbusters has opened a new franchise and business is booming!

[Announcer]: Staring: John Candy. *Scene of John Candy with a large beard working seriously at a proton pack while wearing a tie-dyed labcoat, until his beard catches on fire and he dances around trying to put it out*

[Announcer]: Samuel L. Jackson: *Samuel L. Jackson looks up at the camera wearing a strange combination of medical equipment and Ghostbusting gear while examining a patient hovering a metre above a table, raising the ectogoggles so you can see his face clearly*

[Announcer]: Timothy Dalton: *Shot of Timothy Dalton in full Ghostbusters gear, looking at the backside of a woman in a very revealing dress, and then looking ahead of him to see a grey spectre dressed in the tatters of a Hudson's Bay Company blanket-coat, both scream in terror and run away from each other*

[Announcer]: Richard Moll: *Shot of Richard Moll's feet in oversized boots, moving slowly up his body, showing all of the intimidating gear and weaponry mounted to a tactical vest, including two arm-length gloves that have miniature proton packs on the upper arms. When the shot finally gets to his face, demonstrate the huge and horrific scarring on his head, which the then covers by the goalie mask with the “No Ghosts” logo painted upon it*

[Announcer]: Bryan Cranston: *Scene of Bryan Cranston in a tuxedo, shooting a neutrona wand off-scene, with a 1995-era brick cellphone tucked between shoulder and head*: “Can I call you back on those bonds, Chad, I'm in the middle of a very important business meeting here.”

[Announcer]: Introducing Pauley Perrette: *Scene of John Candy in a Ghostbusters Jumpsuit looking at the Goth-Like Pauley Perrette in absolute terror as she drives the VW Bus through a series of boxes* [Samuel L. Jackson (Off Screen)]: “I haven't been this scared since the Falklands!”

[Announcer]: And Betty White: *Shot of Betty White with Ghostbusters Jumpsuit and Proton Pack in a completely dark room, surrounded by the ghosts of the Red River Rebellion*: “All right all you little Metis bastards.” *Draws Neutrona Wand* “I got a something for all of ya!”

[Announcer]: With Special Guest Star, Geddy Lee as the Premier of Manitoba: *Scene of the Premier's office, Geddy Lee in a nice suit pressing the intercom*: [Possessed Secretary (Offscreen)]: “Mr. Premier, Louis Riel for you.” *The statue of Louis Riel in the window behind Geddy Lee turns and starts running towards him*

*Fade out, fade in to shot of Ghostbusters Headquarters (335 Donald Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba) with full Ghostbusters crew in front of it in full gear* [Announcer]: Ghostbusters, Winnipeg. They're ready to believe you!

*Fade out to Ghostbusters “No Ghost” Logo*
Mach_Ten
I get the impression, a very subtle hint .... a barely preceptible aura ... of excitement from you ... only a smidgen though, I may be wrong biggrin.gif
Seriously Mike
QUOTE (CanRay @ Apr 28 2013, 06:27 AM) *
[Announcer]: Samuel L. Jackson: *Samuel L. Jackson looks up at the camera wearing a strange combination of medical equipment and Ghostbusting gear while examining a patient hovering a metre above a table, raising the ectogoggles so you can see his face clearly*

"Don't you think it's plain damn weird?" biggrin.gif
CanRay
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Apr 30 2013, 07:54 AM) *
I get the impression, a very subtle hint .... a barely preceptible aura ... of excitement from you ... only a smidgen though, I may be wrong biggrin.gif
First time in five years I get to do something other than GM, oh yeah.
QUOTE (Seriously Mike @ Apr 30 2013, 08:27 AM) *
"Don't you think it's plain damn weird?" biggrin.gif
"Just another day at the office."
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (CanRay @ Apr 30 2013, 06:52 PM) *
First time in five years I get to do something other than GM, oh yeah.

Yup, we got a walking dead man over here ! ...

I'll open the pool with 10 dollars a "Slimer" gets him before they even see a poltergeist ! biggrin.gif
CanRay
Actually, we've already busted our first ghost with no one getting slimed, save the Ghost himself.

Guy died "while installing a satellite dish", but there's implications that it was a Black Widow job. The dish itself was still on the property, and getting signals from Hell (You could see the shows through paragoggles, of if you were a ghost), and we busted him in the middle of The Honeymooners where Alice is actually hit all the way to the moon.
pbangarth
QUOTE (CanRay @ Apr 30 2013, 02:31 PM) *
and we busted him in the middle of The Honeymooners where Alice is actually hit all the way to the moon.
Now -that- I'd pay to see!
CanRay
Number two job done with only minor damage done via Slime Blower! Luckily, the pack ruptured in a manner that affected the ghosts worse than us, and didn't do much damage to the place.

The Hudson's Bay Company (The big department store in downtown Winnipeg!) had their toy department haunted. With only a little extra work by the janitor, we busted the ghosts but good!

Downside, waiting 90-days for them to pay. frown.gif

Investigation into the supernatural nature built into the very building itself, and what the ghosts were doing there is ongoing.
Stahlseele
isn't it nice to see the cranky cannuck this giddy and telling stuff from this side of the table? ^^
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ May 1 2013, 11:04 AM) *
isn't it nice to see the cranky cannuck this giddy and telling stuff from this side of the table? ^^

I'm so scared right now, it's unsettling the natural order of things ! like someone drilled a hole right through into hell and is currently selling tickets to Demons for a visit to DisneyLand.
CanRay
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ May 1 2013, 05:40 AM) *
I'm so scared right now, it's unsettling the natural order of things ! like someone drilled a hole right through into hell and is currently selling tickets to Demons for a visit to DisneyLand.
California is out of Jurisdiction. And before someone asks, so is Florida. If something happens in Canada's Wonderland near Toronto, Ontario, OTOH, we might have to intervene on that.
ChromeZephyr
I'm just happy to see CanRay get to play. It's not Shadowrun, so the fate of the universe isn't completely in jeopardy, but you takes what you can gets. wink.gif

Any other highlights from the channels from Hell? There had to be more than just the Honeymooners, though that was well done.
CanRay
He was upset when the proton streams started. We were "talking" during Green Acres.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 1 2013, 07:12 PM) *
He was upset when the proton streams started. We were "talking" during Green Acres.

by talking .. I presume you mean you all screamed at each other "DON'T CROSS THE STREAMS!"
CanRay
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ May 2 2013, 05:00 AM) *
by talking .. I presume you mean you all screamed at each other "DON'T CROSS THE STREAMS!"
No, actually, "You're evicted."
CanRay
I think there's something wrong with my GM, however...

This is the logo for one of the companies we're having to deal with...
Stahlseele
The Pun, it hurts x.x
CanRay
So... Uni-Corn had a major ghost issue, but one that was quite distributed. We were attacked by massive amounts of ghosts.

So, utilizing a series of intelligent moves on my part (including my knowledge of explosives), I was able to determine that the cause was a cursed artifact: A painting of a "Golden Sea Of Wheat".

Yeah, not so golden and shiny when looked at with Paragoggles (The Goggles, they do SOMETHING!). Hordes of starving people standing in the field, all trying to get at the food. Well, after a hose-down with positive-emotionally charged slime, I stored it safely in the bulk slime container in Ecto-W1, and demonstrated what the hell the manager of the place had.

We now have a nice new painting at the former Masonic Lodge that is Spook Central, in a specially-made frame and glass. Just... Don't look at it out of the corner of your eye.
Stahlseele
it has a certain ammount of style doing things like that O.o
CanRay
I figure, what the hell, I got to investigate these cursed artifacts anyhow.

The Lodge'll probably end up like the Firehouse in the Ghostbusters Video Game.
Stahlseele
and why the bloody hells not?
i would move into something built by Bloody Stupid Johnson just for the heck of it . .
CanRay
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ May 15 2013, 03:19 PM) *
and why the bloody hells not?
i would move into something built by Bloody Stupid Johnson just for the heck of it . .
If it wasn't for frustration over my bad art skills, I'd draw more of the layout of the Lodge... So far, I just have the basement done.

It's really, really crappy. Like, Paint crappy.
Stahlseele
this might help?
http://www.sweethome3d.com/index.jsp
CanRay
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ May 15 2013, 03:53 PM) *
That just might. Bookmarked.
Stahlseele
it might even work for shadowrun in making maps to give to players . .
but there is the danger of falling into playing sims and spending waayy too much time fiddling around with bitz <.<
CanRay
Also, the Basement.
Stahlseele
*snickers*
you can have 3D Views with really nifty things to put into there as well.
It's just like the SIMS, aside from being able to use actual measurements.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 19 2013, 04:33 AM) *

Where's the "Toxic Human Waste Disposal Area" THWADA for short, cause it's not official without an acronym

usually his n' hers THWADA's per building smile.gif

just sayin, y'know .. fer emergencies
CanRay
I had intended for the office next to the kitchen to be a Unisex bathroom, then, like an idiot, forgot that and made it an office.

It's a bathroom that double as a place to crash. (The "green" items in the rooms on the second floor are navy-style cots that fold up against the wall like Murphy Beds.).
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 19 2013, 05:06 PM) *
I had intended for the office next to the kitchen to be a Unisex bathroom, then, like an idiot, forgot that and made it an office.

It's a bathroom that double as a place to crash. (The "green" items in the rooms on the second floor are navy-style cots that fold up against the wall like Murphy Beds.).

My gods man, that's RPG horror right there !

"Egon, can you 'strain' more quietly please, I'm trying to sleep !"

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012