Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun Missions and Lowering Public Awareness
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
Kiirnodel
There is a topic regarding reducing Public Awareness in the general forum, but the original question was in regard to a Shadowrun Missions character. So I thought I would help that OP out by starting a thread specfically for figuring out this issue as it relates specifically to Shadowrun Missions.

A link, just in case it gets lost, to the original thead: http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=38811

I know the rules for Public Awareness, and particularly lowering it, are very vague, so I was wondering if there were any ideas for lowering PA for a missions character...

It's pretty late in the timeline for Season 4 at this point, so the other hope would be to think this kind of thing out for the next Season. I noticed there is a lot more specific information for handing out Street Cred, Notoriety, and Public Awareness for all of the Season 4 missions, but there isn't much detail for how that Public Awareness works within the missions.
Zarlock
Beyond the typical bonus street cred gives for social tests. I am a bad GM I used high public awareness for a few things

1. In a fire fight when looking at multiple opponents of similar threat the NPC's would start on the highest public awareness (every one wants to be the guy who shoot Billy the Kid)

2. I would use people of the street to recognize them maybe even have kids dressed up as them during say Halloween.

3. Those are the ones the cops hassle first.

Basically anything I could think of to make them miserable smile.gif
PittsburghRPGA
As the OP in that thread, I figure Bull has too much to do what with getting ready for Season 5 and a whole new game system to feel the need to make any kind of Missions specific ruling on it. On top of which, the PC I was asking about that is far too tied to Seattle for me to ever consider having her go to Chicago.

I'm just going to hope that for the SR5 core rules, they'll have a better Street Cred/Noterity/PA system in place.

Thanks,

Eric
DWC
QUOTE (PittsburghRPGA @ May 13 2013, 08:34 AM) *
I'm just going to hope that for the SR5 core rules, they'll have a better Street Cred/Noterity/PA system in place.

Thanks,

Eric

You mean you don't love playing a character that every Stuffer Shack employee knows on sight? By the way, having a 12 Public Awareness should be way more of a problem than it is.

If you're hell bent on ditching it, you can always fish for Notoriety, and then burn Street Cred to get rid of the Notoriety on a 2 for 1 basis, which reduces the sum of the two by 3 each time you do it, bringing your PA down by 1 each time.
Kiirnodel
Yeah, that's been mentioned in the other thread, but doesn't it seem counterproductive to raise hell (generate notoriety) for the purpose of lowering your public profile?
DWC
It's completely counterproductive. The rule is extremely idiotic.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
Ditch your Identity, get cosmetic surgery, create a new identity using new face post surgery, and start running the shadows as someone new, and change your Modus Operandi. Bammm... Instead Street Cred/Public Awareness 0. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012