Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kids don't know how to have fun anymore?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Wounded Ronin
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/comedy-gol...fear-lowtax.php

What is with all the sarcasm and complaints over a free game? It's like the spoiled manchildren of today refuse to have fun, or let their imagination do any of the work.

I remember how back in the day, you paid full price for Blood II, and it was worse than this game.

Man, people are even spoiled and ungrateful when it comes to free stuff nowadays.
Critias
I thinking judging an entire generation of gamers because one guy said something snarky on the internet is...a mistake. Especially considering where you are.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Critias @ May 14 2013, 11:06 PM) *
I thinking judging an entire generation of gamers because one guy said something snarky on the internet is...a mistake. Especially considering where you are.

I dunno man. It seems that lots of reviews I read of games on the internet, especially FPSes, are really harsh. This kind of attitude that backtracking is intolerable or that long hallways are boring isn't expressed only by this guy.

Also, witness the proliferation of automatically regenerating health in the FPS genre. It says something when apparently loads of consumers don't even want to have to manage resources, memorize the location of strategic items, play meticulously to not get hit, and instead basically want their health to magically come back so they don't have to "backtrack" or think.
nezumi
It's a different taste in games. I dislike FPSes that take more than twenty hours to play, because I just don't have that luxury. This is contrary to most tastes though, because people historically have complained if games are too short. I'm happy to play a game with terrible graphics, but a lot of people would rate that poorly. So a lot of reading reviews, is figuring out the reviewer's preferences, and how closely those match your own.
Bigity
I think today's FPS games are pretty bad compared to my favorites. But yea, it's just one guy's review.

I mean, nothing has come close to Tribes for me, and that's what? 14 years old or something like that?

But dumping on a free game...I guess it was a slow day at the office for em.
Neurosis
It's much easier to shit on something than to make something of your own.

Seeing this review just made me want to give this game a try, for what it's worth. Of course, indie computer game development is where I come from so...I'm biased.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012