Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GenCon '13 Scramble?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
User McUser
I was going through the GenCon event catalog and I don't see that there's a Scramble scheduled for this year. Is this the case?
Aaron
No Scramble? But I wanted to play this year.

It could be that Gen Con hasn't approved it yet. I submitted two seminars, and I've only heard about one back (the Shadowrun one, yay!).
User McUser
Do you know when the scramble is scheduled for? I don't want to buy tickets for an event that I'll end up not going to because I go to the scramble instead...

On a semi-related note, I find it hilarious that some of the CPM events are listed as using Shadowrun 6th, 7th, and 8th Editions.
Bull
Meant to reply to this this afternoon, but i was very, very tired and put my answer in the wrong thread. Ooops.

QUOTE (Sinthalix on the Shadowrun Universe forum)
The Scramble has been replaced with the Shadowrun LARP and the basic rules for the LARP will be released (for free) shortly after SR5 is available. The SR LARP character conversion sheet will also be available at the same time. The LARP is tied directly to your SR Missions character and has been field tested with private LARPing groups as well as at Ohayocon 2013 and COSCON XXV. It is already scheduled for Origins and once approved, you will see it at GenCon. You can hear more about the LARP on the Shadowrun podcast, Critical Glitch.

It's a 4 hour event, Saturday at Noon. No tabletop portion, it's a pure LARP now.

I don;t really know a whole lot more about it, go figure. The guys running Origins & Gen COn put it together.
User McUser
Great, thanks for the info!

PS: For those looking for it, it appears to be listed as LRP1345731 in the catalog.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012