Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VTM: Bloodlines
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
MortVent
I wasn't expecting this, had gotten it a long time ago as a gift. Wasn't happy with the previous VTM game

The game is very well done, some changes from the old PnP but mostly true to the core

The game content is amazing for the age, and well handled.

I'm loving it.

Still rerolling till I get a good idea for a char, saving malk for last playthrough though... taking advice of a friend on that.

So who else has played it?
Tanegar
Little bit. Kept bluescreening me, though, so I gave it up.
MortVent
QUOTE (Tanegar @ May 27 2013, 08:06 PM) *
Little bit. Kept bluescreening me, though, so I gave it up.

Me too, but added the patch and worked fine. Also seems to help that I had my anti-virus off when installing it (plus I think there was something else I had to do)
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (MortVent @ May 27 2013, 07:01 PM) *
I wasn't expecting this, had gotten it a long time ago as a gift. Wasn't happy with the previous VTM game

The game is very well done, some changes from the old PnP but mostly true to the core

The game content is amazing for the age, and well handled.

I'm loving it.

Still rerolling till I get a good idea for a char, saving malk for last playthrough though... taking advice of a friend on that.

So who else has played it?

I loved that game. Installed a weapon realism mod and then for some reason the game permanently seemed to get hung up and not able to proceed on the cutscene where you free the vampire from the bloodbank.

One of my all time favorites.

EDIT: Use the search function. I think there were some old threads on this too.
Blade
Liked it. Played it for the first time a few month ago with the latest of one of the community patch and had no bug/crash whatsoever.
I've found the Santa Monica part to be the best, so I was a bit disappointed with some of the other parts of the game, especially the too many "dungeons" and combat-heavy ending. But it's still a pretty good game.
Backgammon
Yeah, played this ages ago. I liked it, it was good fun. I played the crazy vampire. Very fun. Then I played the suave one (toreador?), which was a very different experience, but very fun too. Liked the whole storyline, except really the endgame about
[ Spoiler ]
That was ok, but kind of odd.
StealthSigma
QUOTE (Backgammon @ May 28 2013, 10:41 AM) *
Yeah, played this ages ago. I liked it, it was good fun. I played the crazy vampire. Very fun. Then I played the suave one (toreador?), which was a very different experience, but very fun too. Liked the whole storyline, except really the endgame about
[ Spoiler ]
That was ok, but kind of odd.

Malkavian has a rather unique experience since there are plenty of points where there are options only available if you have Dementation. I'd say Toreador, Ventrue, and Malkavian have a better time as social engineering their way through the game.
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (StealthSigma @ May 28 2013, 11:44 AM) *
Malkavian has a rather unique experience since there are plenty of points where there are options only available if you have Dementation. I'd say Toreador, Ventrue, and Malkavian have a better time as social engineering their way through the game.

Plus Malks get fun bits like the TV reporter talking directly to them, having conversations with STOP signs, etc.
Tiralee
Yeaaaaah, that was a ton of all sorts of fun.

There's a few really really good community mods out there - one fixed a majority of the bugs (oh god, the bugs) and unleashed some of the more weird side quests ("She was a Ninja Schoolgirl, searching for the Shark Demon who killed her master. They are a bloodthirsty fiend of the night, looking for cheap thrills in all the wrong places. Together they fight crime!") but yeah, there's a ton of fun for all the various flavours of vamps.

Brujah: Ehhhh, a bit vanilla. The wolf thing was interesting but ultimately underpowered.
Malkys: Oh god, hilarious and fucking creepy. The insight conversation option is worth buying the game for.
Torabore: "Oh, I'm so commanding and arrogant" - frankly, if you're sucking rats so you're not about to get all weird from blood loss, not a good choice.
Ventrue: ehh.
Tremere: Best dressed female model, if not for the malky smile.gif
Gangrel: Meh
Nosferatu: the most stealth-based storyline character, and frankly, pretty weak.

Frankly, it was a lot better than it should be, but the really horrible optimization and bug (horrible, horrible bugs) really killed it.

Explore, be a creature of the night and don't open the box.

...hell, that sounds like our Shadowrun games....
-El.
Iduno
The atmosphere they added to different areas was pretty good, and really added to the fun of the game. That may be less true on repeated play-throughs.

The combat-heavy ending is why I never finished. I didn't optimize well enough.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012