Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Android: Netrunner
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Neurosis
So on a whim, I picked up this big box covered in cyberpunk artwork that said Android: Netrunner at Denver ComicCon. It's a "Living Card Game" (like a CCG but less exploitative) with asymmetrical gameplay, for two players. Basically, it plays a lot like Matrix runs in Shadowrun; one player plays the hacker/decker/console cowboy, the other player controls the corp they're trying to slice into. The starter box came with a bunch of tokens along with cards enough to form four corp decks and the runner decks. Since the idea is so Shadowrunny, I wanted to see if anyone here has checked this out.

I'm just getting started playing it, only played a few games with my girlfriend but so far it seems super fun. The ability to create/hack remote servers and install IC is awesome. (If only the Shadowrun Matrix rules has always been this fun, heh.)
Critias
Mrs. Crit and I have been playing Android: Infiltration for a few weeks, and it's a lot of fun. It's still a competitive (and not a co-op) game, but it...feels a little less competitive, I guess? It's not as directly "you versus your wife," at any rate, which makes her more likely to play.

The artwork for both of 'em is phenomenal, and it's a really cool universe with a surprising amount of crossover from game to game. It's pretty cool stuff.
toturi
QUOTE (Neurosis @ Jun 7 2013, 10:10 AM) *
It's a "Living Card Game" (like a CCG but less exploitative) with asymmetrical gameplay, for two players.

My L5R gaming group has taken to it pretty well.

One complaint I have is that to build some decks I need to buy 1/2 more starter box.
redwulfe
At my FLGS we have a pretty competitive scene for this game, personally I was a big fan of the original netrunner card game back in the day and this version of it is even better. So glad it came back.

Red
Thanee
QUOTE (Neurosis @ Jun 7 2013, 04:10 AM) *
So on a whim, I picked up this big box covered in cyberpunk artwork that said Android: Netrunner at Denver ComicCon. It's a "Living Card Game" (like a CCG but less exploitative) with asymmetrical gameplay, for two players. Basically, it plays a lot like Matrix runs in Shadowrun; one player plays the hacker/decker/console cowboy, the other player controls the corp they're trying to slice into. The starter box came with a bunch of tokens along with cards enough to form four corp decks and the runner decks. Since the idea is so Shadowrunny, I wanted to see if anyone here has checked this out.

I'm just getting started playing it, only played a few games with my girlfriend but so far it seems super fun. The ability to create/hack remote servers and install IC is awesome. (If only the Shadowrun Matrix rules has always been this fun, heh.)

You just got yourself the #1 Card Game out there. Good choice! biggrin.gif

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/cgs/browse/bo...67&rank=1#1

Bye
Thanee
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012