Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SRM5 Mission Download?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
j2klbs
Hi Bull!

My group is eagerly anticipating the 7/11 PDF availability and, in fact, plan to play Shadowrun that weekend. Is there any chance we can get access to the SRM-05 modules that were run at Origins? Even just one or two would be great that we could play that weekend.

Thanks!
~Jason
Bull
We're working to have the first SRM Season 5 mission (SRM 5A-01: Chasin' The Wind) out to coincide with SR5's release. Missions should come about once a month after that.

In the meantime, we will also be releasing Sprawl Wilds on PDF the same day that SR5 is released. This collects the first 4 CMP convention exclusive missions done in 2010, and updates them, dual-statting the adventures for both SR4 and SR5.

Bull
j2klbs
Thanks Bull! Two follow-up questions.

1. When you say SRM 5A-01 will coincide with SR5's release, do you mean the PDF release or the book release?

2. I'm sorry (I'm a newbie), what are "CMP convention exclusive missions"? And are we able to use these missions to "level up" our SRM Season 5 characters?

Thanks so much!
~Jason
Bull
QUOTE (j2klbs @ Jun 24 2013, 09:52 PM) *
Thanks Bull! Two follow-up questions.

1. When you say SRM 5A-01 will coincide with SR5's release, do you mean the PDF release or the book release?

2. I'm sorry (I'm a newbie), what are "CMP convention exclusive missions"? And are we able to use these missions to "level up" our SRM Season 5 characters?

Thanks so much!
~Jason

1. PDF release. So July 11th.

2. All good. Each year we do 8 adventures that have the CMP label. There are 4 labels: SRM (Season Missions), CMP (COnvention Missions), SMH (Special Release Missions), and PM (Prime Missions), though the SMH missions have been very limited and Primes are set to debut soon. The upcoming Missions FAQ will have more information about each of these.

Short answer though is that Convention Missions are "Season Neutral", so they can be played in any season that they fit into rules-wise. So Elven Blood, our first CMP compilation, would not work for Season 5 since it's SR4 rules only, but the upcoming Sprawl Wilds would work for Season 2, 3, 4, (all SR4) or 5 (SR5). They can be played as a short campaign to get your feet wet (They mostly take place in or near Seattle), or spaced out between Season 5 Missions to break up that campaign some (or act as filler while you're waiting for more Missions).

Bull
j2klbs
That is great news! Thanks so much! We are really looking forward to it.

Cheers!
~Jason
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012