Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: There should be an Alamo video game
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Wounded Ronin
So, I was thinking the best video game ever would be a castle defense type Alamo video game.

It would be impossible to win as greater and greater numbers of unlimited Mexican infantry would assault the Alamo in each stage.

However, your success would be measured in how long or for how many levels you could hold out.

You'd have certain strategic non-renewable resources. For example, the monastery walls, some cannons with a certain amount of shots (which could be turned against you if overrun while still having ammunition), and of course Davey Crockett and Jim Bowie. I guess that Davey Crockett could be your ultra-human long range riflery resource featuring a special head exploding animation on victims, and Jim Bowie could be your hand to hand combat juggernaut. (If I recall correctly historically Jim Bowie was actually sick in bed when the Alamo was overrun. Maybe Jim Bowie could simply occupy a room of your choosing and could not move once deployed, but any and all enemies funneled into that room would automatically be destroyed with graphics depicting gore spurting out of the windows and doors. I'm kind of imagining a dark room with horror strobe lights.)

At the end of each game, the Game Over screen, featuring a meat-encrusted bowie knife, would urge the player to REMEMBER TEH ALAMO.
CanRay
And an expy of Ozzy peeing on the Alamo to go along with the victory screen? nyahnyah.gif
nezumi
You're imagining this as a top-down game like Starcraft? Or more FPS like TFC?
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (nezumi @ Jul 8 2013, 10:12 AM) *
You're imagining this as a top-down game like Starcraft? Or more FPS like TFC?

I suppose it could go either way, but my initial thought was top-down.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012