Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2075: Stormy Waters
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63
Jack_Spade
+1 from me to that.
There is only so much one robot can do against an army... wink.gif
Mercy
LOL You seem to have done pretty well so far. Very effective robot.
Mercy
I hope that those four guys in the kitchen don't get the fire out before the place explodes. With all the smoke that seems to be in the area, they might not even know where the fire extinguisher is Too bad for them if they are in the kitchen when it explodes, if it explodes. Of course, their deaths will be quick if that happens. I was just thinking; they might not even realize that the gas is on and feeding the fire if all they see is smoke and some flames. One can dream, right?
JDragon
Anyone in the DES group have thoughts on what we do now?

Do we back up Mr. Robot in his wanton destruction or sit on this site?

I would prefer not to make the call for the whole team if it can be helped.

I think Rocky would lean toward the more current info and join John.
Jack_Spade
Well, someone's got to start with answering. So be a man and take the lead wink.gif
Vegas
John's message comes at a perfect time for Rave... I have a post in my head but haven't had time to write it. Will get it up later tonight/early tomorrow.

It'll contain a decision wink.gif
adamu
@Aria & Mercy -

okay, if you are leaving the house to watch it, and concealed by a spirit, we can go off combat time.

My next IC only covers about 30 seconds, though.

Then it's your move...
Mercy
I am pretty sure that both Spriggan and Tanya have low-light vision and Tanya can cycle through thermographic and enhanced as well. Crap. Oh well, I had thought the fire idea a pretty good one. Is anything showing up on the radar or ultrasound sensors?
adamu
QUOTE (Vegas @ Oct 26 2016, 10:04 PM) *
John's message comes at a perfect time for Rave... I have a post in my head but haven't had time to write it. Will get it up later tonight/early tomorrow.

It'll contain a decision wink.gif

Great - looking forward to it!
adamu
QUOTE (Mercy @ Oct 27 2016, 04:54 AM) *
I am pretty sure that both Spriggan and Tanya have low-light vision and Tanya can cycle through thermographic and enhanced as well. Crap. Oh well, I had thought the fire idea a pretty good one. Is anything showing up on the radar or ultrasound sensors?

Still the same six upstairs, and four downstairs, though they have now spread out around the ground floor. There is also something else in there on your radar, a large amorphous shape that you first spot in the kitchen area. It moved around a bit, and then disappeared.
Vegas
short and sweet. a lot less time than i had planned on. Damn halloween clients! smile.gif
adamu
Sweet -there it is.

Don't want to railroad anyone, but want to keep things moving...anyone wants to object or post specific actions before approaching John's position, shout.

In a RL day or so (to give those that may want to post a chance to do so) I'll move things forward in that direction.

Also, while we've all been posting at a leisurely pace (including me), I have at least heard from all of you within recent memory.

Except Raider.

He's not showing up in any of his other games that I know of either...

The move to the border may be a good time for Vexboy to go another way (welcome to rejoin if at any time Raider reappears).
JDragon
Got an IC up to get Jan & Rocky headed for the RV.

Let me know if I need to adjust anything.
Mercy
LOL Not sure it is fair to have enemy spirits going about putting out fires like that. How is a girl supposed to deal with something like that? I ask you, how? Oh well, I guess it is on to Plan D or E. Still, the four downstairs have split up to cover different parts of the house, which might be useful. It might be time to go back inside.

I hope that Spriggan has some sort of spirit that can deal with other spirits.............

Tanya's intent is to go back to the small study and signal Spriggan to summon some sort of spirit upstairs to try to keep the mage occupied and bring the other gunmen running so that she can enter the villa.
mister__joshua
Very soon I'll be back to posting more frequently. I'll try and get an IC up on Monday
mister__joshua
Might be a weird question, but how far is it from the drop point to the convoys location? How long would it take on foot?
Aria
QUOTE (Mercy @ Oct 28 2016, 05:54 AM) *
LOL Not sure it is fair to have enemy spirits going about putting out fires like that. How is a girl supposed to deal with something like that? I ask you, how? Oh well, I guess it is on to Plan D or E. Still, the four downstairs have split up to cover different parts of the house, which might be useful. It might be time to go back inside.

I hope that Spriggan has some sort of spirit that can deal with other spirits.............

Tanya's intent is to go back to the small study and signal Spriggan to summon some sort of spirit upstairs to try to keep the mage occupied and bring the other gunmen running so that she can enter the villa.

Sadly not without loosing the current concealment and summoning a new one! Hopefully with better luck nyahnyah.gif

Will try and get an IC up this afternoon!
Mercy
Then keep the concealment up until I get back to the building. Tanya will let you know when she is there and then we can unleash it on the house. Unless you have a better plan???? Please chime in if you do.
adamu
QUOTE (Mercy @ Oct 28 2016, 02:42 PM) *
Then keep the concealment up until I get back to the building. Tanya will let you know when she is there and then we can unleash it on the house. Unless you have a better plan???? Please chime in if you do.

You have no problem getting to the door you want.

Aria, is Spriggan doing anything?
adamu
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Oct 28 2016, 12:13 PM) *
Might be a weird question, but how far is it from the drop point to the convoys location? How long would it take on foot?

Well, I did say I'd hand wave the drive time just to make sure everyone else would have a chance to get into the game.

But it is 31.1 miles, or an estimated 57 minutes on the freeway in RL. Not going to hoof it in time.
Aria
QUOTE (adamu @ Oct 28 2016, 11:48 PM) *
You have no problem getting to the door you want.

Aria, is Spriggan doing anything?

She will be! On Monday nyahnyah.gif
Mercy
@Adamu Tanya's character sheet looks like it has some lines drawn through her grenades, which she usually keeps in her smuggling compartments. I did not out the lines there so did you?
mister__joshua
QUOTE (adamu @ Oct 28 2016, 11:58 PM) *
Well, I did say I'd hand wave the drive time just to make sure everyone else would have a chance to get into the game.

But it is 31.1 miles, or an estimated 57 minutes on the freeway in RL. Not going to hoof it in time.

Is it a crawling freeway? wink.gif

Ok fair enough, not running it. I was wondering if we could set up an ambush on route, but I'll put that in an IC on Monday
adamu
QUOTE (Mercy @ Oct 29 2016, 11:05 AM) *
@Adamu Tanya's character sheet looks like it has some lines drawn through her grenades, which she usually keeps in her smuggling compartments. I did not out the lines there so did you?

Huh?????

I didn't even know OP users had write privileges on character sheets put up by other people...I hope they don't!!!

Wasn't me that vandalized your character sheet....

Spooky....
adamu
@DES group -

was thinking of bumping everything forward to linking up with John somewhere near the border, but seems some people may have some ideas they want to explore...will hold off, but let me know when and if you are happy to move things forward...
Mercy
Hmmm. Interesting. The lines do not go completely through each entry so maybe a bug of some kind. Or. and far more likely, I fat fingered them in somehow and did not even know what I was doing. Cool. Then she might make use of them. Any ruling on how big the modern grenades are? She has a couple each of smoke and explosive. And I do wonder at the gas situation. If the spirit was commanded to "Go put out the fire" it might not have shut off the gas from the lines I cut. Perhaps there is still a chance for an explosion after all.....................just hoping.
adamu
QUOTE (Mercy @ Oct 29 2016, 05:04 PM) *
Hmmm. Interesting. The lines do not go completely through each entry so maybe a bug of some kind. Or. and far more likely, I fat fingered them in somehow and did not even know what I was doing. Cool. Then she might make use of them. Any ruling on how big the modern grenades are? She has a couple each of smoke and explosive. And I do wonder at the gas situation. If the spirit was commanded to "Go put out the fire" it might not have shut off the gas from the lines I cut. Perhaps there is still a chance for an explosion after all.....................just hoping.

Grenades: if they're on your sheet, then cool beans! Size - not sure there is any RAW on size and weight in SR5. In older editions there was some line about there being all sorts of configurations, and there was an illustration of a variety in the old Fields of Fire book I think. My own view is that they are rather smaller than the ones I see in movies. Maybe the size of a racquetball, or a little bigger than a large lipstick?

Mercy
Cool. Thanks. That might change some things. Of course, it would be cooler if she had lots of skill in throwing grenades. LOL I will make do and hope that I do not blow her up.
Mercy
Cool. Thanks. That might change some things. Of course, it would be cooler if she had lots of skill in throwing grenades. LOL I will make do and hope that I do not blow her up.
Aria
QUOTE (adamu @ Oct 29 2016, 04:52 PM) *
Huh?????

I didn't even know OP users had write privileges on character sheets put up by other people...I hope they don't!!!

Wasn't me that vandalized your character sheet....

Spooky....

Bear in mind the formatting for the OP site is different from here and SG! If you by any chance wrote -Grenade- I think it puts a strike through it!?
Aria
QUOTE (Aria @ Oct 24 2016, 01:01 PM) *
Spiritual aide seems to be in order! I'm a bit vague about my connection to the sylph she had before...but I think technically it is 'gone' and she can summon another one?!?

Summon Air Spirit [5] 10d6t5: 3 [10d6t5=3, 3, 1, 4, 6, 3, 3, 6, 4, 6] Resist 5d6t5: 2 [5d6t5=5, 6, 1, 1, 4] 1 service
Drain 14d6t5: 4 [14d6t5=3, 6, 4, 5, 2, 2, 1, 4, 1, 5, 3, 5, 3, 2] so no drain, just!

Optional power: energy aura (for variety!)

Ok, that was last time, BIG GUNS time! Pre edged summon Fc6 (don't think I've used any edge yet so will be at 2/3)

Summon Air [6] 13d6h5: 8 [13d6h5=5, 5, [6, 5], [6, 5], 1, 4, 5, 5, 1, 1, 3, 4, 3] Hubba Hubba! I'm guessing this is limited to Magic but not precisely sure!? No limits though on Edge rolls right?
Resist 6d6t5: 2 [6d6t5=5, 2, 2, 6, 3, 3]
Drain 14d6t5: 7 [14d6t5=2, 4, 5, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 6, 5, 6, 5, 5, 2] So none!

Optional powers: Noxious Breath & Energy Aura!!!
Mercy
A good summons. I hope that you tell it who I am before you set it loose.
mister__joshua
@Jack_Spade: Trying to build a bit of tension between the characters, for dramatic effect. Hope you don't mind nyahnyah.gif
Jack_Spade
Not at all. Giving lip is what this character is living for wink.gif
adamu
@Aria & Mercy

I think the ball is still in y'all's court?

Unless you want me to run your spirit again, Aria? (I don't mind at all, but don't want to assume.)

So I think your plan is for the spirit to go in and make trouble first, at which point Tanya plans to go in?

So Aria, do you want to run the spirit, or shall I based on the command you gave it?

I'm cool either way.

Aria
Happy for you to run the spirit off camera if it speeds things up! And I will identify Lady T as a friend!
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ Nov 3 2016, 11:22 PM) *
Happy for you to run the spirit off camera if it speeds things up! And I will identify Lady T as a friend!

Well, don't worry about "off camera" - your spirit-summoner link will keep you fully apprised of what goes on, and do feel free to step in at any time.

Okay, I'll do an IC that covers a few seconds - then Mercy can decide what Tanya does. And of course Spriggan free to act in that time as well!
Mercy
Time to start the dance again. Tanya's plan is to simply toss her two grenades into the room and step back to the protection of the outer wall then see if they have any effect on the man standing near the far doorway. It does not particularly matter to her if she is on target with the grenades as she expects the blast and shrapnel to at least confuse and distract the man. Her next move is to go into what remains of the small study and attack him.

I am thinking that the combat round starts after Tanya tosses the grenades into the room or should we roll initiative and declare this the first round? In any case Tanya's initiative is:

Initiative: Initiative: 13+3d6 21 Not too bad. 21 and 3IP Let me know if tossing the grenades is a pre-turn action or is my first IP.
Aria
Spriggan's initiative is a bit more paltry! Must get a sustaining focus for her spells!!!

8+1d6: 12 [1d6=4]
adamu
QUOTE (Mercy @ Nov 4 2016, 03:19 AM) *
Time to start the dance again. Tanya's plan is to simply toss her two grenades into the room and step back to the protection of the outer wall then see if they have any effect on the man standing near the far doorway. It does not particularly matter to her if she is on target with the grenades as she expects the blast and shrapnel to at least confuse and distract the man. Her next move is to go into what remains of the small study and attack him.

I am thinking that the combat round starts after Tanya tosses the grenades into the room or should we roll initiative and declare this the first round? In any case Tanya's initiative is:

Initiative: Initiative: 13+3d6 21 Not too bad. 21 and 3IP Let me know if tossing the grenades is a pre-turn action or is my first IP.

Yeah, we'll start initiative after the grenades go in.

Also, don't hold me to this precedent - strictly per RAW, that double grenade toss would have a miserable chance of success and a good chance of you blowing yourself up. However, I personally feel that grenades should be handled more flexibly than RAW provides if we are talking about just being able to, say, calmly drop them over a window sill....

So I'll IC some stuff that you perceive and then you guys can take actions...
Bastard
Thanks for accepting me into the game. Johnny is in play.
Imladir
Hey o/
I'm curious, did you put Johny on OP?
Mercy
Alright, I will remember the grenade thing. I do have a question regarding the timing of this vis a vis the other group. It seems that we are at about 1807 and I am looking at posts from the others that indicate they are a couple of hours ahead of us. I suppose that means that we will be done here one way or the other long before they are getting into the action there, right?

Tanya is going in after the grenades go off. It is too bad that the other guy reacted so well. Not unexpected, just too bad. Not sure where we fit in the initiative order, but my number is 21.

Simple Action: Use radar sensor as I walk into the house.
Simple action: Hold
adamu
@Mercy - okay, yeah, you can hear the guy just inside the door from the wardrobe to bedroom 2.

You've got a held simple action (not enough to use your whip).

Feel free to use the action or not, and then your turn again, cuz nothing happens to you - the guy doesn't do anything.

You've got maybe the rest of the combat turn, though, before the other ground floor guys show up...

@Aria - let me know what you do...for now I'll just assume you are following Tanya in....

As for timing, that's why I have the timestamps, I guess. Indeed, your scene is now a bit earlier than the DES group.

Whether you will be done before they do anything depends on whether you get done. And when.

It'll make a HUGE difference for them, though - but that's not giving much away, as Bethan already made that clear.
mister__joshua
I think the DES group will be ready to kick into action this week smile.gif
Mercy
These thugs are dedicated. I wonder what it takes to get them to break morale and just run? Terror and death have claimed their leaders and most of their companions and they are still set on protecting their charges. Brave lads.

Tanya will continue walking to the door and flick her hand to send the whip arcing through the opening to strike the gunman on the other side of the door. Her radar gives her to "see" his position accurately so she should not need to step through the door and expose herself to what she assumes is a held action shot. If that is not correct, she will dive through the door, going prone as she flicks her whip at the target.

Whip Attack: Whip Attack: 18d6t5 7 DV 12 + net hits AP-8

I think attacking from around the door is a cool maneuver, but am not sure if the game mechanics allow for it. Let me know if I need to use the dive-through-the-door maneuver.
adamu
I love clever ideas.

As I with killing the stove and then cutting the gas lines, though, my mind hearkens back to the description of the monowhip - the part about a weighted tip at the end of the monofilament line. The line magically cuts through almost anything, but only if the weighted tip has a free arc to swing through. In this case, yeah, you can "see" him. And yeah, you can swing that nasty line in his general direction, but that tip will hit the wall he is against, the line will go slack, and you'll be in a pickle.

And I'm not sure that magical mono wire slices so neatly through armor and bone if it's just drooping slackly over something...
And keeping it taut until he's dead while trying to turn a corner will be a trick indeed.

So for those reasons, I am happy for you try it as long as:
1) you reroll your roll, and the glitch threshold is over a quarter of your dice instead of over half of your dice
2) your base DV will be halved, and
3) the guy gets to claim the good cover bonus
Mercy
What a party pooper to bring reality into this. OK realizing the limit of her whip, can she change her action?

adamu
Yup - just aligning our visions of reality.

your call what to do now
Bastard
QUOTE (Imladir @ Nov 4 2016, 11:21 PM) *
Hey o/
I'm curious, did you put Johny on OP?

Just put his description up for now. Have to do some editing to get the character sheet on there... but I have to go keep my 3 year old from catching on fire at the moment.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012