Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Renegade Legion
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
lodestar
Ok I got a copy of Legionaire and was attempting to disseminate its information. It seems alright, typical old FASA stuff, I can't say I like the universe as much as the other FASA ones its not terribly creative sometimes. I do like most of the Alien races though and thought it would be nice to turn the system into a game of the Alien Legion universe from the comics of fame. Any thoughts on the matter? Since I've just sort of started tinkering with the rules any critiqes on the mechanics? Lastly are any of the supplements for the RL universe any good?
Mimick
Legionnaire was the only rpg book released in that universe, IIRC. Everything else is miniatures wargames on hex maps like Battletech. If you google it (I did a while back) there's still a following, and you can find things like map generators and such.

Still, for a main book I thought it did an awesome job standalone.

As for mechanics, well, they get the job done. Not too complex. You have your target number you want to roll under, and you roll d10s. If you're unskilled or it's a particularly hard task, you roll more dice, thus making it more difficult to stay under the TN ceiling...

You could tweak it either way (more or less complex), it all depends on preference. Though I did think the starship navigation systems and hyperspace was fairly well done.

All in all, I thought Legionnaire was good as is. grinbig.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012