Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Colonel - a SR5 Barde
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Makki
I started out with the idea of maximizing the potential of the new rules for the Leadership skill. Which really makes him a shadowrun bard.
My experiences:
  • it took me about 45 min, not including Gear, but including rough background. Karmagen/BP Gen would have been half that time, because at one point I had to reconsider my priorities and basically start over. I just couldn't get what I planned with the priorities chosen at the beginning.
  • unless you take at least priority B for skills you won't have enough
  • min-maxing capability of sr5 chargen is even higher than sr4 BPgen. I took bod1 and str1 at first and immediately raised them with my karma. in sr4 I had at least to earn that karma.
  • limits are no hindrance. they are easily pushed high enough. and there's always Edge
  • high dice pools are still easy to achieve

[ Spoiler ]
ElFenrir
I disagree about skills; I made some Chargen characters, and Skills were at C for two and D for a third, and I had no problems getting the stuff I needed. It depends on the character type, though.

Actually, I'm looking at this skill list, and geeze, this guy is a skill monkey.

I like the idea though; an older guy who is sort of a modern-day 'bard.' Kinda cool to see an older guy concept.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
Just a note...

Data Search has been rolled into Computer (so does not exist)
Infiltration has been changed to Sneaking (and includes Shadowing)
Makki
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jul 14 2013, 03:50 PM) *
Just a note...

Data Search has been rolled into Computer (so does not exist)
Infiltration has been changed to Sneaking (and includes Shadowing)

thx. I used chummer to build the character for better overview and easier exporting. missed these two. Also, it's a 857 karma char in SR4 terms smile.gif
GiraffeShaman
Great, but if you are really going to be Hannibal you need disguise skill and a dinosaur costume. smile.gif
GiraffeShaman
Ah, clever. You get +1 to +3 on Leadership tests on your comrades, since you are higher rank. (Pg. 140)
Makki
QUOTE (GiraffeShaman @ Jul 14 2013, 07:20 PM) *
Ah, clever. You get +1 to +3 on Leadership tests on your comrades, since you are higher rank. (Pg. 140)

well, on what basis am I of higher rank than my fellow runners? Senority? ^^
Nath
It's nice to see SR5 still allow to easily create characters with dice pool in the twenty-something range that limits won't hamper.
GiraffeShaman
well, on what basis am I of higher rank than my fellow runners? Senority? ^^

You're a Colenel! smile.gif

Now, to make your archenemy, Colenel Sanders. And a Prime Runner variant, The General.
Slide
it doesn't matter if you are actually senior to them, you just have to make sure they believe that you are.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012