Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saints Row 3
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
X-Kalibur
So, I know I'm really late here, especially since number 4 comes out in August. I had originally not bothered with this particular game (or series, even) because I had played just too damn many sandbox games. With games like GTA, RDR, Skyrim, Fallout 3 & NV, Just Cause 2, etc. there were just too many of the same thing. So, after picking up SRt3 and all of its associated DLC for all of $7.49 I started playing it.

I suppose I waited too long to play this little gem. Although it wouldn't be anywhere near as good if it even attempted to take itself seriously. The writing and voice acting is humorous and the missions are... ridiculous. Fly a chopper and provide b(l)ack up for Pierce as he drives around? Sure, why not? Also, said chopper is armed with ImRec missiles and is painted that awful purple color. But the testicular assault really drives the point home.

Guess I have yet another game to play and eat up my free time.
StealthSigma
QUOTE (X-Kalibur @ Jul 22 2013, 02:34 PM) *
So, I know I'm really late here, especially since number 4 comes out in August. I had originally not bothered with this particular game (or series, even) because I had played just too damn many sandbox games. With games like GTA, RDR, Skyrim, Fallout 3 & NV, Just Cause 2, etc. there were just too many of the same thing. So, after picking up SRt3 and all of its associated DLC for all of $7.49 I started playing it.

I suppose I waited too long to play this little gem. Although it wouldn't be anywhere near as good if it even attempted to take itself seriously. The writing and voice acting is humorous and the missions are... ridiculous. Fly a chopper and provide b(l)ack up for Pierce as he drives around? Sure, why not? Also, said chopper is armed with ImRec missiles and is painted that awful purple color. But the testicular assault really drives the point home.

Guess I have yet another game to play and eat up my free time.

If you want a coop partner. Let me know. I need to play that game again to earn my Steam cards to sell.
Critias
I had a lot of fun with it. SR3 was my introduction to the series (I went back after the fact and bout a double pack that had the first two games), and it was every bit as awesome as the trailers had led me to believe it would be. I think SR2 hits my sweet spot a little bit better (balancing precariously between "green mohawk criminal awesomeness" and "utter insanity," where SR3 just goes straight to the insanity)...but I've enjoyed all three of the games, so far, and I'm looking forward to the fourth.

You got a heck of a deal, though, for sure! Gotta love those summer sales.
bannockburn
You haven't even gotten to the crazy stuff biggrin.gif

I never thought, I'd enjoy a GTA style game again, but there it is. It's GTA, only good.

Also, blasting Karate Kid soundtrack music while chainsawing people in half is just awesome.

(75h played time and still not done)
StealthSigma
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Jul 23 2013, 04:58 AM) *
You haven't even gotten to the crazy stuff biggrin.gif

The trailers for Saints Row 4? Is it sad that I don't consider the stuff in Saints Row 3 to be crazy after having seen a trailer for 4?
bannockburn
Nah, your examples just aren't all that crazy. The game stacks the deck really really high in that regard.

Edit: I meant X-Kalibur's examples, not StealthSigma's.
Sorry for the mix-up smile.gif
CanRay
Yeah, who picks a voice actor as a running mate?
StealthSigma
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 23 2013, 11:48 AM) *
Yeah, who picks a voice actor as a running mate?

The same sort of person that has no regrets regarding running around a city naked.
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (StealthSigma @ Jul 23 2013, 10:30 AM) *
The same sort of person that has no regrets regarding running around a city naked.

So, CanRay then?
StealthSigma
QUOTE (X-Kalibur @ Jul 23 2013, 01:50 PM) *
So, CanRay then?

Or your character in Saints Row 3. That is a valid outfit option.
X-Kalibur
Nevar! I'm too busy rocking my 80's retro sci-fi outfit.
StealthSigma
QUOTE (X-Kalibur @ Jul 23 2013, 02:48 PM) *
Nevar! I'm too busy rocking my 80's retro sci-fi outfit.

Yeah. Trenchcoat is better since you get to flash pedestrians.
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (StealthSigma @ Jul 23 2013, 12:07 PM) *
Yeah. Trenchcoat is better since you get to flash pedestrians.

And then punch them in the nuts / CP them for looking too long!
CanRay
QUOTE (X-Kalibur @ Jul 23 2013, 12:50 PM) *
So, CanRay then?
Northern Ontario/Winnipeg here. There are regrets for running around naked.

You have to at least wear boots.
StealthSigma
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 23 2013, 09:17 PM) *
Northern Ontario/Winnipeg here. There are regrets for running around naked.

You have to at least wear boots.

I was going to suggest frostbite, but I'm not sure how boots fix that problem.
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (StealthSigma @ Jul 24 2013, 03:28 AM) *
I was going to suggest frostbite, but I'm not sure how boots fix that problem.

You don't lose toes and/or feet.
Seriously Mike
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...c=36144&hl=
We do have an old thread on this game. With cockpunches.
X-Kalibur
I knew we had an old thread, but I can't navigate past the first page of here for some reason. Thanks Mike.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012