Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Mach_Ten
oh okay then, but this is the LAST time ! Dammit ! I have a family to feed without pandering to my gaming addiction

PRE-ORDER on STEAM ...

and hot diggity this looks sexeh
Grinder
A link would have been nice. Just sayin'. grinbig.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Grinder @ Jul 25 2013, 03:46 PM) *
A link would have been nice. Just sayin'. grinbig.gif

Sincerest apologies, I saw it on the STEAM pages and didn't have a link,

THIS should be what you need though
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 25 2013, 06:58 AM) *
oh okay then, but this is the LAST time ! Dammit ! I have a family to feed without pandering to my gaming addiction

PRE-ORDER on STEAM ...

and hot diggity this looks sexeh

I like the changes that have been made to it since its inception. I'd pre-order but I don't really need any of the bonuses for it... although I probably will anyway. (Already own Spec-ops and the entire X-Com franchise).
Backgammon
I havent followed this one closely - how similar to the Enemy Unknown one is it? Kind of same deal or different direction (in terms of gameplay, obviously the story and setting are different)?
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Backgammon @ Jul 25 2013, 07:31 PM) *
I havent followed this one closely - how similar to the Enemy Unknown one is it? Kind of same deal or different direction (in terms of gameplay, obviously the story and setting are different)?

it's
third person
realtime
Squad based
Tactical shooter
... with added "bullet time" mode for giving squad orders

it's made by a different team to the XCOM:EU team, but apparently they talked a bit and so there will be interesting similarities.

Also, from the demo video I saw, it's like EU, but faster paced and no overhead view, so decisions based on current visibility will be much more .. horrible and painful when you realise the trap you walked flat into biggrin.gif

I kinda like it already
Remnar
Hmm, that sounds very interesting. I'll have to keep an eye on it. I love the selection of time period from the screen shots too.
X-Kalibur
Mix enemy unknown with mass effect from what I've seen.
CanRay
Tomorrow!!!
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 19 2013, 11:08 AM) *
Tomorrow!!!

Can't wait! Also Saint's Row 4! My free time!
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 19 2013, 08:08 PM) *
Tomorrow!!!

So, you've had a week ... what's the score ?

buy or pass and wait for the XCOM:EU DLC
X-Kalibur
It's a bit of a quandry. I feel like it's a solid game, but based on my (perceived) length of it I don't know that it's a $50 purchase. On the other hand, I might not be anywhere near the end yet. I keep getting distracted plus I lost my steam saves when I had to format my drive.
CanRay
Seems a bit short to me as well. frown.gif
Tanegar
Welp, this one's going on my "wait until it's in the bargain bin" list. Yahtzee ripped it an arbitrarily large number of new assholes.
CanRay
I should have done the same. frown.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012