Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: THE WH40K MMO IS DEAD! LONG LIVE THE WH40K MMO!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Stahlseele
Yep, Dark Millenium Online went to Dark Millenium Offline.
Then it went to No Millenium At All it seems right now.

And then this happens for some reason:
http://www.eternalcrusade.com/
honestly, i am not sure what to think about this right now . .
Starmage21
just look what happened to the fantasy equivalent...
Backgammon
What did happen? is it dead?
Stahlseele
Yeah, WH Fantasy MMO is dead.
Backgammon
"Founded in 1992, Behaviour Interactive is Canada’s largest independent game developer, employing talented people in Montreal (Quebec) and Santiago (Chile)."

No shit, they're in Montreal? Never heard of them...
Stahlseele
because largest independent game developer usually means less than 20 people all in all . .
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Backgammon @ Jul 26 2013, 06:54 PM) *
"Founded in 1992, Behaviour Interactive is Canada’s largest independent game developer.......

A recent press release had this to say :
"Sorry!"

I'll get my coat
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 26 2013, 11:02 AM) *
because largest independent game developer usually means less than 20 people all in all . .

Well, maybe in Canada, I can think of a couple in CA that are larger than that.
Starmage21
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 26 2013, 12:51 PM) *
Yeah, WH Fantasy MMO is dead.

"Effectively"

Its still alive, but I think its hanging on by a thread.

www.warhammeronline.com
Stahlseele
Release Date is planned for End of 2015 <.<
FuelDrop
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Sep 24 2013, 09:50 PM) *
Release Date is planned for End of 2015 <.<

I am suddenly reminded of duke nukem forever for some reason.

Probably because by 2015 they'll have to scrap their work and start again to keep up with modern hardware. Though ironically the static nature of consoles might be their savior on that front.
Stahlseele
i got an email from the eternal crusade game board O.o
Bigity
Can I micro transaction the Gauntlets of Ultramar?
Stahlseele
maybe
Bigity
Then sign me the hell up!

For da emprah
Stahlseele
Nah, WAAAAAGH! is where it's at.
One of the concepts to get the player race balance right is to make ork boys a free to play race while all other races are paid for, if i remember correctly.
Bigity
You know we (the AD&D group) had that back in like 97. You make a AD&D MMO, and you can play monsters for free, and people who pay can play against real live brains instead of AI.

I think it's a pretty good idea, but what would they do for premium orkz? The nobs or something?
Tanegar
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Dec 2 2013, 01:51 PM) *
Nah, WAAAAAGH! is where it's at.
One of the concepts to get the player race balance right is to make ork boys a free to play race while all other races are paid for, if i remember correctly.

That makes no sense. Aren't the Space Marines the "baseline" of 40k?
Stahlseele
yes and no.
stat wise, yes, it's most definitely true that most things are modeled with them in mind.
but in universe there are 10 imperial guardsmen and 100 orks for each space marine.
Tanegar
Those ratios sound very, very low to me. A Codex-compliant chapter consists of 1,000 Marines, right? And the IG is supposed to have billions, possibly trillions of troops. Your figures suggest that there are in excess of a million Space Marine chapters, which I strongly doubt.
Bigity
Well, that number is always pretty nebulous, but IIRC there are over a thousand, and some don't strictly adhere to the 1000 roster number (bloody heretics).

But yea, I think I'd revise those numbers up. 1000 guardsmen = 100 orks = 1 space marine.

I mean Eldar are supposedly very diminished in numbers but they always seem to have enough guys for a fight smile.gif
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Dec 5 2013, 09:07 PM) *
Those ratios sound very, very low to me. A Codex-compliant chapter consists of 1,000 Marines, right? And the IG is supposed to have billions, possibly trillions of troops. Your figures suggest that there are in excess of a million Space Marine chapters, which I strongly doubt.

technically, there are.
as of fluff at least.
there's a reason they were called legions.
the biggest had, i think, 250k marines.
granted, that was before the horus wars.

Some quick calculations say there were, originally, about 1,6 Million Marines
Tanegar
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Dec 5 2013, 02:38 PM) *
Some quick calculations say there were, originally, about 1,6 Million Marines

That's enough for 1600 Codex chapters. Factor in the ones that, as Bigity points out, have more than a thousand Marines (IIRC, the Black Templars are a huge offender in that area, with something like 6,000 Marines), and I'd be very surprised if there were many more than 1,000 Chapters. Where are you getting the idea that there are over a million?
Stahlseele
lexicanum.com has odd numbers and facts on basically most anything ever about both WH40K and WHFB.
these numbers are, as i said before, from 30k actually
also, the black legion might, in 40k, actually have more than 1 million marines alone.
Tanegar
A million Marines. Not a million Chapters.

Found a reference: wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Loyal_Space_Marine_Chapters_(List)

Apparently, there are about a thousand loyalist Chapters.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012